Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Braves sign Elmer Dessens

Braves signed RHP Elmer Dessens.
    Dessens went 10-2 with a 4.03 ERA during the Mexican League season. He had a 7.15 ERA in 34 innings for the Dodgers and Brewers last year. The Braves apparently will add him to their pen on Sept. 1.
    -Rotoworld

Wren is stockpiling SP's who have formerly had success at the MLB level.

In 2002 he had a 3.03 ERA in 30 starts. His career 4.50 ERA isn't horrible. Just another no risk type signing.

Apparently Wren's mission is to find Campillo 2.0.
    My 2013 three-way trade prediction:

To Braves: Aramis Ramirez, Tyler Austin, $6 Million (From Brewers)
    To Yankees: Brian McCann, Chris Johnson, Paul Janish
    To Brewers: Juan Francisco, Joey Terdoslavich, Dellin Betances

4/14/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jon93405 View Post
    -Rotoworld

Wren is stockpiling SP's who have formerly had success at the MLB level.

In 2002 he had a 3.03 ERA in 30 starts. His career 4.50 ERA isn't horrible. Just another no risk type signing.

Apparently Wren's mission is to find Campillo 2.0.
    Don't steal my copyrighted line from the Rodrigo Lopez thread =]. FW is definitely making his money.

I like these Mexican League signings. It's supposed to be AAA level baseball.

This is all good to me. coming out of the pen I guess at least at first.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    This is all good to me. coming out of the pen I guess at least at first.
    He might get a few starts in Richmond over he next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CrippledRam View Post
    He might get a few starts in Richmond over he next few weeks.
    I thought they were putting him in their pen on Sept 1?

Braves sign veteran Dessens
    Hurler to add experience to young rotation for final month

ATLANTA -- With four young pitchers in their starting rotation, the Braves have decided to add an older presence for the season's final month.
    The Braves have agreed to terms with Elmer Dessens on a Major League contract for the remainder of the 2008 season. The 37-year-old right-hander, who spent this year pitching in Mexico, is expected to join the Braves later this week.

Dessens, who has gone 48-61 with a 4.50 ERA in 11 Major League seasons, went to the Mexican League after being released by the Pirates on March 27. In 20 games (19 starts) with the Mexico City Red Devils, he was 10-2 with a 4.03 ERA.

After going 2-0 with a 2.10 ERA in his final five regular season starts, Dessens went 3-0 with a 3.54 ERA in the playoffs. During the league's championship game on Sunday, he allowed one run and five hits over eight innings.
    braves.com

so it's just a veteran arm in the rotation for the rest of the season. and it doesn't say anything about going to richmond or coming out of the pen.

YOu know this is one of those moves to keep some young guys out, Just another move to play another back up. I am a Lifetime Brave fan, but it really is depressing to watch them play.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltyfan View Post
    YOu know this is one of those moves to keep some young guys out, Just another move to play another back up. I am a Lifetime Brave fan, but it really is depressing to watch them play.
    I think this is one of those moves so the young guys don't get worn out, and also they are trying to find hidden gems. Morton and JJ have not pitched this many innings starting before, so both of them are pretty much passed their limits you don't want to potentially hurt either of them.

Again understandable, I was talking in reference to Minor League pitchers that could be brought up, And Dessens even if a hidden gem is old. And also doesn't change the fact of disappoitning to watch. There is no spunk. Wouldn't mind losing if I could see an urge to try and win

who could we bring up for the rotation?? To be honest there really isn't anybody I am eager to see brought up for our rotation..Chuck James?? NO Thank you. Maybe Parr or Redmond might get some coffee. they can't possibly bring up all relievers.

Why the hell do we still have Chuck James??? We need more little risk, high reward signings!!!
    WE BELIEVE... TILL THE LAST SHOT, TILL THE LAST REBOUND, TILL THE LAST WHISTLE "WE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!"

Lopez, dessens, and lawrence not enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by THE_FLASH_21 View Post
    Why the hell do we still have Chuck James??? We need more little risk, high reward signings!!!
    You want to release James?
    My 2013 three-way trade prediction:

To Braves: Aramis Ramirez, Tyler Austin, $6 Million (From Brewers)
    To Yankees: Brian McCann, Chris Johnson, Paul Janish
    To Brewers: Juan Francisco, Joey Terdoslavich, Dellin Betances

4/14/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jon93405 View Post
    You want to release James?
    Is there any reason to keep him?? honestly?

^^^ hes low risk right.....its not like were paying him much anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast