Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

if the suns dont do it this year

if the suns dont win that ring this year what do you predict the suns will do next year. will they start rebulding or give it there last shot

This year is our best chance for awhile. Next year we could still have a decent shot depending on what moves we make. We'll see what happens, I'm very confident in this team though.

Phoenix Suns
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Arizona Cardinals
    Arizona Diamondbacks

Its hard to say as we haven't seen how the team will go now under Porter, but based on the trades etc. I'd say that this season will be our last shot. Unless Porter finds a way to win while limiting Shaq and Nash's minutes, or finds a way to win without wearing them out... its going to be pretty hard to win in 09-10 if Nash will be turning 36 and Shaq 37-38ish.

Quote Originally Posted by amare#1 View Post
    Its hard to say as we haven't seen how the team will go now under Porter, but based on the trades etc. I'd say that this season will be our last shot. Unless Porter finds a way to win while limiting Shaq and Nash's minutes, or finds a way to win without wearing them out... its going to be pretty hard to win in 09-10 if Nash will be turning 36 and Shaq 37-38ish.
    agreed

If the Suns don't win this year I expect to see major changes to the roster next offseason. I actually expect to see something happen before this seasons trade deadline but who really knows.

Props to homestarunner93 for the signature!

Albert Einstein:
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomReigns View Post
    If the Suns don't win this year I expect to see major changes to the roster next offseason. I actually expect to see something happen before this seasons trade deadline but who really knows.
    Yeah agreed. Once Shaq and Nash's contracts are over it is almost inevitable that we will re-sign Amare and begin to build around him for the future.

Depending on what happeneds this year, we'll probably deal off Barbosa or Diaw. If for no other reason than to get some picks back.
    Since we have no first rounders next year, we run the risk of being a lottery team without a pick (unprotected).
    So we need to try to get some picks back.
    With Nash and Shaq coming off the books, that'd allow us to get a superstar outside of Amare and a couple good role players.

its do or die.

We at least need to make a run at it in the next couple years, because if we keep losing early in the playoffs I wouldn't expect Amare to stick around. I hope we do really well this year seeing as Amare is up for a contract extension next summer.
    It's a new age.

Its definitely gonna be a long regular season that's for sure. Can't wait to see what our squad has to throw at the rest of the L. In no way will be a dull year that's for certain.

Phoenix Suns
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Arizona Cardinals
    Arizona Diamondbacks

If they don't win a title, so what! It's only entertainment.

You guys can't possibly attach your self worth as earthlings purely based on how many championships your team has?

Quote Originally Posted by STAT32 View Post
    We at least need to make a run at it in the next couple years, because if we keep losing early in the playoffs I wouldn't expect Amare to stick around. I hope we do really well this year seeing as Amare is up for a contract extension next summer.
    My thoughts exactly. Amare is not going to want to stick around and rebuild. I can see him being curious once Nash and Shaq are gone. But on the otherhand, I can see him(and I hope not) being a KG and taking a huge contract and not allowing us to sign many quality guys when we need it.

But as for future? I can see Lopez becoming a decent starter, nothing more. Diaw and Barbosa aren't our future, so stay or go, they will be quality players, but nothing more. Nash might sign for a few more years after, but I can see Shaq leaving after he runs out. Like I said, Amare might stay or go, hopefully he stays, as he has limitless potential. But knowing Kerr, we'll be molded in the shape of the Spurs. Let's just hope we don't get the whiners and babies that they have too.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomReigns View Post
    i agree we will see big things in the offseason if we dont win this year but not next offseason the offseason of 2010(as its packed with LBJ and wade + the fact we have the money to spend when shaq and steves contract is over) we will do whatever it takes to resign STAT next summer and look to the future with dragic lopez and STAT in his prime.

and trust me it will kill me to see amare leave.

Whatever happened to the days of people playing with a team for their career. Free Agency is ruining sports IMO. Amare has an ego that is as unmatched as his skills from what I understand. This city wants a team with him as the epicenter. The Suns will max him out for sure. If he walks away from that he is a fool IMO. Especially because if Kerr is molding us as the Spurs our PF will be our # 1 resource, ie; Tim "Caveman" Duncan, am I the only one who see's Geico Caveman when I look at him, sorry off topic. Kerr will sign Stat... have faith

if the suns dont do it this year?...they do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast