Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What does everyone expect from the Raptors this year?

Considering they have Bosh and JO up front and Calderon in the backcourt, is this a team you expect to be in the conference finals?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

They certainly have a chance to go far.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post

Considering they have Bosh and JO up front and Calderon in the backcourt, is this a team you expect to be in the conference finals?
    With the East being pretty weak, I think they'll do very well but I doubt they'll make it to the conference finals as I think Cleveland, Boston and Detroit are far stronger

I'd give us a shot at the East finals depending on O'neals health. If O'neal stays healthy we have a legit front court who can matchup with just about any other front court in the league. Calderon's minutes will increase and if his numbers are impressive as last season and if Ukic is as good as he can be then our PG play will be exceptional. Our bench is above average, we'll get decent play from the SG/SF postion with Parker, Moon and Kapono. Like I said, it all depends on O'neals health. If O'neal stays healthy and plays to his ability, we could be a threat in the East.

I Predict failure and Americans and Canadians blaming it all to Calderon since they have been overating him lately.

He is good, but he is not going to post up 15 points 12 assits.

My points to declare they will fail:

1 They lost a lot of depth in their roster when Ford, Garbajosa and Delphino Left.

2 Neither Kapono or Parker is a Conteder team level Starter, and yet one of the two will start.

3 They have a lot of Hope on Moon, but he is a late bloomer that probably peaked last year so SF is a concern too.

4 Bargnani has been very dissapointing so far, he cant play the three in the Nba because he is not quick enough to guard other threes and he cant play the Center as it was shown last Year, too skiny and Soft, so he will be in the bench.

5 They have absolutely no depth at Center position, i dont expect anything good from Jawaii, they lost rasho, not the best in the world, but had good hands and attitude and was hustle, he will be missed.

6 An injury prone JO will be their starting Center when he himself stated he didnt want to ever play center again in his life while he was in the Pacers.

So basically it does not sound promising to me.

In their Division they will finish Below Celtics and Sixers For Sure and Nets , or a Suddenly Reborn Knicks could even send them into the Bottom of the Class.

In their Conference Celtics, Sixers, Magic,Wizzards,Pistons are Bound to end above of them with Cleveland almost a sure thing, they could eventually be overpassed by Nets, Knicks,Heat,Bulls or even Bucks.

Its sad, since i kind of support them in behalf of Jose but i think they are going to be the Dissaponting team of the Year in the east.

Best case scenario 7th Seed and out in the first round.

Worst case Scenario Only above Pacers , Hawks in the east.
    Last edited by SAVAGE CLAW; 08-18-2008 at 12:44 AM.

With healthy JO, I can see them in the ECF.

It depends. I can see everyone gelling together, no injuries and being a really good team, maybe ECF. But I can also see JO getting injured, Calderon does do good, can't handle the pressure and they will slip to 7th or 8th.

Bobby Ray Simmons AKA B.O.B= The Best Up-And-Coming Rapper in the Game

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/...hange-gon-come

second round

no injuries second round

7th or 8th hell no

They make it to the second round of the playoffs.... ECF only if they can pull a trade deadline deal that upgrades their small forward/ shooting guard position.... or they trade for Ben Gordon(wishful thinking) It Really all depends on their defence this year the offence was great last year but I think with J/O and Bosh preaching Defence that we will be good next year.... and watchout for Bargnani coming off the bench he looked great against second tier players in his rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE CLAW View Post
    I Predict failure and Americans and Canadians blaming it all to Calderon since they have been overating him lately.

He is good, but he is not going to post up 15 points 12 assits.
    No he won't, but 13/9 is still solid, especially from a point who never turns the ball over and shoots a high percentage in all 3 categories.

My points to declare they will fail:

1 They lost a lot of depth in their roster when Ford, Garbajosa and Delphino Left.
    Garbo never played, we were better without Ford, but Delfino will be missed just for the sake of depth and his tenacity.

2 Neither Kapono or Parker is a Conteder team level Starter, and yet one of the two will start.
    Didn't Kapono start on championship Heat team? Or was it Posey? Either way, you have a point as we don't have a Wade to play alongside Kapono. JO and Bosh are pretty good company though.

3 They have a lot of Hope on Moon, but he is a late bloomer that probably peaked last year so SF is a concern too.
    True, he will be decent maybe 8/6/1.5 BPG,1.5 SPG but the wing is definately something that needs to improve.

4 Bargnani has been very dissapointing so far, he cant play the three in the Nba because he is not quick enough to guard other threes and he cant play the Center as it was shown last Year, too skiny and Soft, so he will be in the bench.
    Bargnani has been disappointing, although his first year was promising. If he can go back to that, stop worrying about being a true center and play his game, he can be effective as offense off the bench. We'll see what happens.

5 They have absolutely no depth at Center position, i dont expect anything good from Jawaii, they lost rasho, not the best in the world, but had good hands and attitude and was hustle, he will be missed.
    Rasho was good, no doubt. But either Bosh or JO will be on the floor all 48 minutes of a game so long as they are close (health permitting). Backup center is the least of my concerns, Hump and Bargnani can both play the 4.

6 An injury prone JO will be their starting Center when he himself stated he didnt want to ever play center again in his life while he was in the Pacers.
    Bosh and JO will both be taking plays at center, neither of them is a true center but they can each guard the position for likely alternating periods of time.

The rest of your post was somewhat silly, so I left it out. Raptors finished 6th last year without JO and the Nets got worse, and the Knicks? Hmmm...

im really getting pissed off at how people LOVE to say that calderon is being overhyped. there arent many better more efficient PGs in the game. and everyone LOVES to mention that TJ ford took some of his minutes and thats how he was able to stay fresh and be said efficient. the stats say something different. when TJ ford got injured, which he does all the time, HE AVERAGED 15 and 10 ON 55 percent shooting from the field and 51 percent from the 3 point line while playing 38 minutes a game. the statistical splits indicate that the more minutes he plays the better he is. TJ ford was holding him back. they knew it, i knew it, and calderon sure as hell knew it. so tjs gone. and now jermaine oneal is on the team. jamario moon was a rookie and he just played well. thats all. hes old but hes still going to improve. the notion that he "peaked" is just stupid. whats even more ridiculous is the extreme probability that calderon hasnt peaked. with anthony parker/kapono, moon, bosh, and JO, he may get even better. plus it was only calderons 3rd year in the league. JO was on the worst franchise of all time so hes probably got the utmost of motivation and happiness being on a contender. so hell probably play well. and bosh has really won me over in these olympics. if he can utilize some of that defensive intensity in the NBA get could get better instead being basically just a scaled down version of amare stoudemire. the raptors are good no matter how u look at it. after losing ford/garbajosa/ and delfino theyre just better cuz they all suck. well garbajosa and delfino definitely suck and Ford was exendable. and they dont even need bargnani basically. as long hibbert can provide some solid minutes, their big men will be ok. an improvement from bargnani will just be a welcomed surprise

as a sixers fan, i am scared of this team mostly because i dont know what to expect from them. if JO is healthy, the raptors could be really good. i still think we are better with our offseason addition of brand because were just better defensively and just a little less talented on the offensive end.
    Last edited by phils07; 08-18-2008 at 01:45 AM.

if most of our key players stay healthy, watch out.

IMO 1st round or 2nd round exit.. we're missing that one piece to make it to the ECF. i just hope bosh and jo could work together.. and jo to stay healthy. i think our bench isnt that great from what i think.. ukic, solomon, hassan, are players im concern with.. other than that.. they're still my team lol i swear i started a thread like this before

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast