Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Rookie of the Year.....Galarraga?

OK, i admit that i'm a bit out of the loop here in terms of who is/isn't a rookie. But is it feasible for Galarraga to win this award?

He's now 10-4 in 20 games as a starter, thrown 125.3 innings with 103 hits, 42 walks, 54 runs allowed (45 of those earned). ERA of 3.23 and a WHIP of 1.157.

In my opinion, he's probably the MVP of this team. Without him, who knows where we would be right now. Plus, he came out of nowhere to be the best pitcher on our team. You never want to see a guy get injured like Bonderman, or be horrible like Willis, but it may have been a blessing in disguise because we found a guy that has assured himself a spot on the starting rotation next year. And he makes next to nothing too....the information is not even available on ESPN

1) Can he/Will he win the rookie of the year
    2) Will he be the MVP of this team? And If he's not the MVP of this team, then who should is?

It will be difficult to win rookie of the year but he will be considered although it will most likely go to Evan Longoria from the Rays what a great guy we discovered in getting Galarraga quality pitcher. You are right where would we be without him. He could have a chance at the Tigers MVP but I think it will go to Cabrera with how well he has performed or even Maggs if he wins the batting title for the second year in a row.

like i said, i'm out of the loop in terms of who is/isnt an MVP, and you're probalby right with Longoria.
    I believe that the team mvps are voted on by the team. its hard for me to believe that the team wouldnt vote for a Galarraga, who has been the most consistent guy out there. Cabrera has come on of late, and if you were to vote on an MVP for the league in the last month or so, it would probably be Cabrera. However, he was SO pitiful for the first 2 months of the season. Mags has been fine, but not outstanding. and his power numbers are way down this year...

Im really hoping we play the young guys come September if its true that Ilitch wants the payroll under 100 mil next year we need to find out what young guys are capable of producing come next spring training/season.

At this point in the year, Gallaraga is the MVP. I'm sure the truthmakers would pick Cabrera, but that's overlooking a lot. At this point, Galaraga's the ace, the MVP, and top 3 runner-up for AL ROY. Nice year, so far. Lots of time for him to go either way, but he's done a nice job. I think the last 6 weeks will be a real test, see how he does on his second and third runs through the league.

He can and should be the ROY IMO! Pitchers are much more valuable then hitters. Longoria was a big prospect, people knew he was gonna do good, Armando came out of NOWHERE, that should get points.
    Never Give Up