Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jose Calderon responds to Spanish controversy

Source: Ball in Europe

I would like to share a story with you about something that happened with the Spanish National Team that someone interpreted incorrectly. It happened in the photo session where the Spanish National Team was introduced; one of our sponsors asked us to pose with a “wink” to our participation in Beijing, we made an oriental expression with our eyes. We thought it was something appropriate and that it would always be interpreted as somewhat loving. Never the less some of the European media did not see it this way.

I will say I am with Jose on this, I dont think this was done with bad intentions..

jose is a good man and so is the rest of the spanish team, to come out and say that it was all in good faith publicly while you are busy training and practicing is big, give the spainish a break ... i still think its funny

I still think it was a shot. But **** it, China's ho ***** cut off our national anthem in the middle of it, so I think their slanted eyed ***** deserve it! USA USA

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

still a ******** thing to do....and Spaniards are known for their racism

yea i'm sure he doesn't understand the racism behind their actions. The Spanish are known for their stupidity and retardation regarding racism. To them...nothing is racist...To them, you can make fun and mock any race you want because it's just "fun and games."

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/bei...yhoo&type=lgns

Spanish sports is no stranger to racial controversy.

Luis Aragones, the head coach of Spain’s men’s soccer team, was overheard telling his player Jose Antonio Reyes to “tell that black (expletive) you are better than him” at a training session in 2004. Aragones was referring to Thierry Henry, a black player from France who was then a teammate of Reyes at English Premier League club Arsenal.

Aragones also struggled to understand what all the fuss was about, even as anti-racism groups seethed and soccer’s power brokers held their heads.

At a Formula One motor racing testing session this year, a group of Spanish fans believed to be supporting home driver Fernando Alonso were pictured with their faces covered with black paint. They wore T-shirts with the slogan “Hamilton’s Family,” a reference to Alonso’s world title rival Lewis Hamilton, a black Englishman.

Moreover, at an exhibition match in Madrid in 2004, several black members of the England men’s soccer team were subjected to monkey chants and whistles whenever they touched the ball.
    the bolded part is espcially f-ed up. Yea i'm sure the monkey chants and whistles are "appropriate and that it would always be interpreted as somewhat loving" in Jose Calderon's words.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 08-13-2008 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    yea i'm sure he doesn't understand the racism behind their actions. The Spanish are known for their stupidity and retardation regarding racism. To them...nothing is racist...To them, you can make fun and mock any race you want because it's just "fun and games."

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/bei...yhoo&type=lgns

the bolded part is espcially f-ed up. Yea i'm sure the monkey chants and whistles are "appropriate and that it would always be interpreted as somewhat loving" in Jose Calderon's words.
    ya...spain is effed up...

(btw...nice team usa sig)

What is the sponsor doing there making that kind of comment with a photog taking photographs?

94press.com

The funny thing is the corporation they where doing the foto for advertisement IS ASIAN.

Fobolous, racism is everywhere, and Usa is not precisely a country where there isnt Racism,

I was denied the key to the WC in a gas station in Texas, does it make it all the Americans Racist?

Come on!!!!!
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I still think it was a shot. But **** it, China's ho ***** cut off our national anthem in the middle of it, so I think their slanted eyed ***** deserve it! USA USA
    You took it way too far buddy..

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    The funny thing is the corporation they where doing the foto for advertisement IS ASIAN.

Fobolous, racism is everywhere, and Usa is not precisely a country where there isnt Racism,

I was denied the key to the WC in a gas station in Texas, does it make it all the Americans Racist?

Come on!!!!!
    thats not cool... did you ask for the key to the WC tho...b/c no one in texas knows what a WC is... maybe they didnt understand?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobjarree View Post
    still a ******** thing to do....and Spaniards are known for their racism
    *looks at jimbobjarree's screenname and avatar*

Riiight.

it was meant in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post

Come on!!!!!

They prob thought you were a dumb Mexican. I mean shoot, close enough.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiHeat View Post
    it was meant in a good way
    are u ********? OR ARE YOUR EYES SLANTED? can u see the image clearly?

how was that meant in a good way? an homage to china ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast