Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Speculation - Hinrich to Denver?

That $10.0 figure could have special significance to the Denver Nuggets who are in need of a pass first point guard who can hit open shots and defend. The team just so happens to have a $10.1 million trade exception after trading Marcus Camby to the Los Angeles Clipper for a conditional second-round pick.

Should the Bulls eventually decide to move Hinrich, the Nuggets could be an eager trade partner with their exception. Had he earned his incentives and made the originally projected $10.25 million he was originally credited for on the Bulls' cap - the Nuggets' exception would have been a hair too small and ultimately useless in acquiring Hinrich.

Presently the Bulls are looking to start the season with the Kansas guard - alleviating the pressure on the number one overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, Derrick Rose. Hinrich may simply be too expensive a backup over the long haul but at last in the short term Chicago appears willing to stand by him. That could changed once they come to terms or part ways with restricted free agent guard Ben Gordon - but at this point Hinrich appears set to remain a Bull.

The Nuggets traded away Camby because they were over the luxury tax threshold. As much as Hinrich might help their team, Denver may not be willing to swallow his sizable deal. It's also difficult to anticipate what more the Bulls would want in addition to cap relief.

Now that Hinrich's salary number has been reduced - he becomes a legal target for the Nuggets and their trade exception.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9645

Hinrich to Denver? Would you do this or would you want to wait to see how this season turns out and cut salary cap?
    Last edited by DenButsu; 08-12-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: article length shortened, link added

Deal works out financially if we want to acquire Hinrich with our Trade Exception.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7-125&cash=7:4

Not a big fan of Kirk. Save the exception for Livingston...

Just do the deal already we definately could use him. And now hes in reach go Warkenstein sign JR and pick up hinrich.

I dunno who I'd rather have as the starter for this team... Livingston, or Kirk.
    They both have pro's and cons, one still has potential, as for Kirk, we know wat we'll be getting. I'll be happy if they pick up either player.

ai4life where did you get this article from?

Quote Originally Posted by avsman05 View Post
    ai4life where did you get this article from?

hoopsworld.com

cool thanks.

Additionally, Hinrich had played so well in the 2006/7 NBA Season, he was named to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team.
    The key to this is that we get a quality pass-first pg who can play defense and knock down open shots. He would be a perfect-fit in my opinion. Would also give our bench great depth.

Starting lineup -
    PG Hinrich
    SG Iverson
    SF Carmelo
    PF KMart
    C Nene

Bench -
    PG Atkins/Carter
    SG Smith
    SF Kleiza/Jones
    PF Balkman/Andersen
    C Hunter

Better team overall than we were a year ago and solves our main problem, the point guard issue. We'd get a quality player without giving up our young studs. I love this trade. DO IT NOW!!!

I would much rather have Hinrich!!

Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    The key to this is that we get a quality pass-first pg who can play defense and knock down open shots. He would be a perfect-fit in my opinion. Would also give our bench great depth.

Starting lineup -
    PG Hinrich
    SG Iverson
    SF Carmelo
    PF KMart
    C Nene

Bench -
    PG Atkins/Carter
    SG Smith
    SF Kleiza/Jones
    PF Balkman/Andersen
    C Hunter

Better team overall than we were a year ago and solves our main problem, the point guard issue. We'd get a quality player without giving up our young studs. I love this trade. DO IT NOW!!!
    this would be incredible IMO.

much rather sign Livingston. we need height at our pg if AI is going to b playing sg. Livingston is 6'7, can easily guard a sg while AI 6'0, can guard the pg. But kirk wouldn't b bad, but then again, not luvin the luxury-tax.

The thing with that is would you want someone to risk coming in for 1 month and be hurt for the rest of the year or have a proven guy whos 6'3 and can shoot 3's?

the devil, as always, is in the details.

hinrich for the exception [as the article implies] not enough for the bulls?

hinrich for the exception and a 1st? - not enough/too much?

hinrich for the exception and 2 1st? - too much for denver?

thoughts?

i still say we go for livingston we can get him for cheap and wont have to use the full 10 mil or h/e much it is right away n use it later down the line for another big

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast