Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Basketball: USA (1-0) VS. Angola (0-1) IGT -- SPOILERS/RESULTS INCLUDED

VS

DATE: TUESDAY AUGUST 12th
    TIME: 2:00 AM ET

ANGOLA PREVIEW:

Key Eligible Players: Olimpio Cipriano, F, De Agosto Luanda (Angola); Armando Costa, G, De Agosto Luanda (Angola); Milton Barros, G, Petro Atletico de Luanda (Angola); Luis Costa, G, Petro Atletico de Luanda (Angola); Joaquim Gomes, F/C, Valparaiso (NCAA)/De Agosto Luanda (Angola)

The Skinny: Angola earned their Olympic berth by taking first place at the 2007 African Championships. Big man Gomes took MVP honors - the 6-8 pivot played in the U.S. at Valparaiso University from 2000-04. Angola finished 0-5 at the 2004 Olympic Games but went 3-2 in preliminary round play at the 2006 FIBA World Championship, beating Panama, New Zealand and Japan in their first three contests. They then delivered scares to Spain and Germany before being knocked out of the tournament by France, 68-62, in the Eighth Finals. Angola is not a favorite to medal in Beijing but they could alter the course of the tournament with an upset.

UNITED STATES PREVIEW:

Key Eligible Players: Jason Kidd, G, Dallas Mavericks; Kobe Bryant, G, LA Lakers; LeBron James, G/F, Cleveland Cavaliers; Carmelo Anthony, F, Denver Nuggets; Dwight Howard, C, Orlando Magic; Amare Stoudemire, C, Phoenix Suns; Chauncey Billips, G, Detroit Pistons; Tyson Chandler, C, New Orleans Hornets; Tayshaun Prince, F, Detroit Pistons; Mike Miller, G/F, Memphis Grizzlies; Michael Redd, G, Milwaukee Bucks; Dwyane Wade, G, Miami Heat; Chris Bosh, F, Toronto Raptors; Chris Paul, G, New Orleans Hornets; Deron Williams, G, Utah Jazz; Carlos Boozer, F, Utah Jazz, Shane Battier, F, Houston Rockets; Joe Johnson, G/F, Atlanta Hawks

The Skinny: It's now or never for Team USA to show they are the world's elite national team. It was eight years ago in Australia, at the 2000 Sydney Games, that the senior men's squad last won the gold in an intercontinental competition. The 2006 World Championship was supposed to be the stage that it proved their global supremacy. Instead, a semifinals loss to Greece ended that hope, and the U.S emerged with a Bronze. Team USA regrouped last summer at the FIBA Americas Championship, adding key players such as Kidd and Bryant, who helped turn the offense into a well-oiled engine. The United States averaged 116.7 points in the tournament and won all 10 of their games. Anthony led the team in scoring (21.2 ppg) while James shot 76 percent from the field and 62.2 percent from three as the roster's second-leading scorer.
    ----------------------------
    Last edited by Shieldsz; 08-12-2008 at 01:12 AM.

angola is 0-1.
    whipped by germany i believe.
    Last edited by Shieldsz; 08-11-2008 at 06:16 PM.

really? i thought they haven't played yet.. ill fix it. Thanks

What time is this game?

I call for a shutout

2:00 Am Et
    Last edited by Shieldsz; 08-12-2008 at 01:12 AM.

I'm not even gonna bother watching this game. I'd rather watch Argentina vs. Australia, or Spain vs. China, or Greece vs. Germany, or Croatia vs. Russia.

Those are actually more entertaining to watch.

i saw on espn that the tallest player on angola is 6'8. that could be a big problem for angola

I am pretty sure this game will be on USA Network, not NBC...Just incase anybody wants to know

USA vs Angola

What time is USA vs Angola GMT tomorrow? I just want to be sure because I missed half of USA vs China.

Thanks

1 pm I think

its 8 am in the Eastern timezone in the US (which is -5 GMT)

Quote Originally Posted by JWalk126 View Post
    1 pm I think

its 8 am in the Eastern timezone in the US (which is -5 GMT)
    In here, it says it will be on at 2:00 AM though and those times seem to be Eastern Time.

Here it says 8 am et (8 pm Beijing time)... its a 12 hr difference

It's 8 am ET and should be shown on USA.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast