Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Al Horford: I did not join the USA national team because I am Dominican!!!!

SANTO DOMINGO.- La República Dominicana puede darse el lujo de decir que tiene algo que desea tener el Dream Team de los Estados Unidos: un jugador como Al Horford.

He basically said he was invited to join the national team but he said no because he is Dominican.

How ignorant, all he cares about is the American dollars. If you can't fight for America, what are you doing, getting paid in America. I say ship his dominican ***** back offshore.

dont be so ignorant.

Yea I agree. If you're invited to play for the United States of America you don't turn your nose up at that. Period. Makes you seem very selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by t-mac1nukka View Post
    dont be so ignorant.
    How is he ignorant...he's can make money here, but can't play for the U.S.? Wtf's up with that?

the man just keeping it real...he probaly fill that a american born player is more deserving of that spot then he is that's all.

well he is right hes Dominican not American cant play for team USA if your Dominican

Well he should of not said it the way he did, she should of said it in a more polite manner, but i understand that the only team he would play for is his country and thats reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by fairandbalanced View Post
    He basically said he was invited to join the national team but he said no because he is Dominican.

How ignorant, all he cares about is the American dollars. If you can't fight for America, what are you doing, getting paid in America. I say ship his dominican ***** back offshore.
    This must be one of the most idiotic things I've read in here (and I've read a lot).

How is he ignorant exactly, the man was rocking the dominican flag and his heritage ever since he was winning titles in Florida and always declared he was Dominican. The guy is just proud of his roots and there is nothing wrong with that. It would be wrong however if he only came to play for the US national team just so that he could get his name more heard out there by double crossing his country. He's keeping it real whether you like to admit it or not. Al's just a classy guy.

thas like yao ming playing for the usa cuz hes a rocket or barbosa playin cuz he wuz a sun..now ur mad that a domincan doesnt wanna play for a country hes not originated from . lol how ignorant can u be

How ignorant,all he cares about is the American dollars. If you can't fight for America, what are you doing, getting paid in America. I say ship his dominican ***** back offshore.
    Who doesn't? But how about all the American players overseas, shouldn't they get kicked out too. Stop being so racist.

Bobby Ray Simmons AKA B.O.B= The Best Up-And-Coming Rapper in the Game

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/...hange-gon-come

^^Exactly!!! That whole thing about getting paid american dollars and not wanting to play for the US is just plain stupid...It is what it is. He can say whatever he wants...because its the damn truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    thas like yao ming playing for the usa cuz hes a rocket or barbosa playin cuz he wuz a sun..now ur mad that a domincan doesnt wanna play for a country hes not originated from . lol how ignorant can u be
    Yeah, who cares where Horford plays. If he's Dominican, he has every right to play for the Dominican Republic. Nobody makes a big deal about Dirk playing in Germany, so why does he care about Al?

Dont get me started on who really the ignorant one is.

Quote Originally Posted by S.J.Basketball View Post
    How is he ignorant...he's can make money here, but can't play for the U.S.? Wtf's up with that?
    does dirk need to suit up too? how about Pau? Nash? give me a break with this foxnews, rush limbaugh, fake patriotism tirades. he said he's dominican, that's what he is. The same way Manny, Pedro, tejada and many others suit up for the Dominicans during the world baseball classic. Are you insulted by that? Appreciate the fact that this country has the best pro leagues and gets the best talent and move on. Players still represent the countries that they claim.

If you're so pro american representation, then I'm sure you're all for mexican immigrants working here, being allowed to become citizens as well right? Thought so, don't be a hypocrite!

this thread is based on pure ignorance.

thank you this is dumber than dumb!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast