Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ranking the East

Saw this and thought you might like to see it.

Ranking the East - Hoops World

The Boston Celtics returned the NBA Championship to the Eastern Conference and this summer teams are making moves to keep it there. HOOPSWORLD takes a look at the power rankings in the East with its current rosters.

1. Boston Celtics:

2. Cleveland Cavaliers:

3. Detroit Pistons:

4. Philadelphia 76ers:

5. Toronto Raptors:

6. Orlando Magic: Rashard Lewis was supposed to help Dwight Howard lead the Magic on a deep postseason run. That didn't happen. The Magic fell short in the playoffs and have done little to spark hope for a championship next season. They will need more than Mickael Pietrus off the bench to make up for their thin backcourt, which boasts a mediocre point guard in Jameer Nelson and the rarely-used-but-never-traded J.J. Redick. Howard's shoulders are not big enough to carry this team.

7. Washington Wizards:

8. Indiana Pacers:

9. Miami Heat:

10. Atlanta Hawks:

11. Charlotte Bobcats:

12. Chicago Bulls:

13. Milwaukee Bucks:

14. New Jersey Nets:

15. New York Knicks:

Hoops World

6??? That's B.S we should be @ least third & Det. should be second...cavs only had 45 wins last season & we gave the C's their 1st lost!!! We beat them 2-1...dis list is disrespectful

Quote Originally Posted by Chris36Chambers View Post
    6??? That's B.S we should be @ least third & Det. should be second...cavs only had 45 wins last season & we gave the C's their 1st lost!!! We beat them 2-1...dis list is disrespectful
    Yeah, that article is pittyful. Orlando IMO is at best 2 and no lower than 3 or 4. Cavs are 5-6 and no offense IndyFan, but the Pacers are not 8. Whoever made the article has no knowledge about the Magic because they think that MP will be coming off the bench when he will be the starting 2! Whoever made it should be fired!

Well, these rankings are off probably best record, if it is going of actual rank, the Magic would be 3rd because even if they finish with the 6th best record in the East, we will win the division and move into that #3 slot because the Hawks, Heat and Bobcats aren't going to take over the division, well maybe the Hawks if they get hot, but it is doubtful.

If Lewis as the same season he did last year, we are screwed because he needs to be a bigger part of this team or Dwight will continue to get double teamed and tire down because of being overworked.

The articles does have some far fetched ideas, but going off record alone and not playoff rankings, I would agree with a lot of this.

I really disagree with the Pacers and Heat being higher than the Hawks and I really do not see Cavaliers being the 2nd best team in the East, the Pistons are still a better team and the Cavs have done crap to improve that teams depth around James.

Unless we can make some moves, this seems about right to me

I can't see Hedo duplicating his season like last season. I think his value is at his peak right now and his #'s will slip next year. Pietrus and Johnson don't seem to be anything special and our backcourt is not that great.
    Last edited by Chazm; 08-08-2008 at 07:37 PM.

Haha we had this same exact link and thread over at the Sixers forum. Dont get to harsh on it.. it should be

Boston
    Detroit
    Philly
    Toronto
    Orlando
    Clevland

3-6 are a big toss up IMO.
    Kyle Kendrick sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII View Post
    Haha we had this same exact link and thread over at the Sixers forum. Dont get to harsh on it.. it should be

Boston
    Detroit
    Philly
    Toronto
    Orlando
    Clevland

3-6 are a big toss up IMO.
    Since you said not to get harsh, I'm not gonna say anything....except that wait until the season comes...
    Last edited by *Superman*; 08-09-2008 at 01:29 AM.

raptor's fan here
    i think its just silly to rank Orlando as anything below 3rd at this point (behind Boston and Detroit)

Toronto and Philly have improved, but until they play and beat the Magic with regularity, Orlando deserves to be put up ahead

personally i'm looking forward to a rematch of last year's playoffs with JO hopefully helping out against Howard who single handedly destroyed us in the playoffs As well as a progression from Andrea Bargnani and having a playoff run where TJ Ford hasn't destroyed the chemistry of the team leading up to it.

Good luck to you Magic, you deserve more respect then you are getting

Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    raptor's fan here
    i think its just silly to rank Orlando as anything below 3rd at this point (behind Boston and Detroit)

Toronto and Philly have improved, but until they play and beat the Magic with regularity, Orlando deserves to be put up ahead

personally i'm looking forward to a rematch of last year's playoffs with JO hopefully helping out against Howard who single handedly destroyed us in the playoffs As well as a progression from Andrea Bargnani and having a playoff run where TJ Ford hasn't destroyed the chemistry of the team leading up to it.

Good luck to you Magic, you deserve more respect then you are getting
    Thanks for the post. If Jermaine can stay healthy I would fully expect Toronto to be battling for the 3 seed, if not higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    Thanks for the post. If Jermaine can stay healthy I would fully expect Toronto to be battling for the 3 seed, if not higher.
    Toronto will be 4th at best.

They are in the same division as Boston and until Boston proves they aren't worth it, Toronto will remain the best out of the 3 division winners (Boston, Detroit, Orlando).

If Jermaine stays healthy, they are deadly and can probably finish with the 2nd best record in the East, behind Boston, but because being in the same division as Boston, they slip to 4, which would probably benefit them because they would probably get a team like Cleveland in the first round, which they can easily beat because Big Z/Wallace vs Bosh/O'Neal would be a massacre.

Toronto will be pretty good this season, because of JO and now Calderon will be their starter. They can be a real good team as long as JO remains healthy, i hope we don't VS them in the playoffs.

how in the hell is cleveland 2nd thats what id like to know. cleveland last season made it just as far into the playoffs as the magic did but there ranked 4 spots above us please someone tell me how that makes sense. the magic are a good team your note about reddick is noted and pietrus will start not come off the bench and Lewis i think will become a bigger part of the offense next season and no doubt dwight will improve his post game. and jameer showed promise in the playoffs so i would no longer call him meidiocre i agree he needs alot of work but hes a pretty decent pg. Magic are 4th at worst i think yes philly and toronto improved but jermaine has knack for getting injured. the sixers will be dangerous i agree and i think they are actually better then cleveland. cleveland has lebron and thats really about it until they get another scorer and a true pg they will always be a step behind. and you cant rank them higher then detroit either because if they were better they would have made it to the coference finals. and how are the pacers 8th when your best player is danny granger i admit you guys got some young talent but your around 12th. Miami, hawks and bobcats will all be better then indy guarenteed as long as they all stay healthy. This threads a joke this guy to me has few vaild points if any.

^Its a stupid article, you can automatically discard it. Looks like some chick wrote it....hater!lol

If Lewis as the same season he did last year, we are screwed because he needs to be a bigger part of this team or Dwight will continue to get double teamed and tire down because of being overworked.

Once again, lewis will be more of a factor because battie is back, so we can have howard battie in the post,lewis sitting behind the 3 point doing his thing,MP at 2 and nelson at 1, plus IMO howard causes himself to tire down if your doubled team pass the ball to the open man instead of trying to take them on, i love Howard but he does that way to much for my liking, i think we will be just fine, but we do need a back up pg still so im hoping we can make something happen witht he grizz's give them fran for all i care with jj lol

Fran and JJ. Doesn't seem bad, i heard that Darko's agent is the same as Fran's so if their is still hard feelings, then trade his asss. No need to "hold his rights" when he isn't coming.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast