Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Preseason thoughts?

I watched the game tonight against Baltimore and I have to say that both Jerod Mayo and Shawn Crable looked pretty decent for they're first NFL game experiences. Also the coverage in the secondary was inconsistent but looked very good at times. What are your guys thoughts?

PSD Patriots Forum Hall Of Fame Class Of 2010

Mayo, Crable, Jordan, etc. all looked solid out there. However, Matt Cassell looked pretty bad.

I think i can actually see cassell getting cut this year. Gutierrez and O'Connell did much better and actually impressed me on a few plays.

secondary secondary secondary...

I can't be to mad though. I was impressed quite a few times. But still I know that backfield wasn't always working to potential.

O-line seemed shaky too...

I was impressed by D-line, LB's stopping run.

LB's looked great, and we all know BB defense revolves around the LB's , and if they are strong the defense will be strong.

We probably wont see a win until the last preseason game, maybe the third but i doubt it. BB doesnt like to use any schemes during the preseason for the fact that it doesnt count and it gives other teams a look at what your going to be doing. I say screw the preseason keep brady sidelined and we'll see him in like 2 weeks, no need to rush it.

^yea people dont put any stock at all into how bad the pats do in preseason...BB doesnt do much at all besides call random plays...it helps him evaluate his team by watching their execution... hell call a certain defense no matter wat the situation is and he watches certain things...

hope that made sense but really put no stock into it... i actually think were gonna hav a good D this year... one of our Ds biggest knocks is it being to slow... but now we hav 2 of the fastest lbs in the nfl in thomas and mayo... merriweather playing more brings more speed to our secondary... and we hav 2 of the best run stopping safties in the nfl in harrsion and lynch...altho niether of them can cover...

Atlantic City Redraft Champions

Did anyone watch the TB game?

I am oveseas and pretty much rely on news articles and these forums to hear about the players. No tv. Anyone want to throw out their thoughts on the players and how they are shaping up? Whats going oin with the receivers? I am going out on a limb and hazarding a guess that the backup QBs sucked again.. how about the DBs?

Thanks guys

Im telling everone right now watch old pats games and watch Harrison. Since when has he been a bad cover safty for us? He had the game saving into againts the eagles in the superbowl. And always produces big for us. Watch any game and I gaurantee you the guy he covers gets shut down. He might not have the speed like other safties but he knows the fundementals very well and knows how to shut down a route!

preseason should last 2 games tops. im ready for the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ERLynx View Post
    preseason should last 2 games tops. im ready for the real thing.
    exactly.

Known starters getting injured in a preseason game is frustrating to watch. Even though many aren't out there long, they are out there with guys desperate to just get a roster slot. I would rather let them work out the issues in a more controlled prctice/ and keep starters healthy.

I understand the value of preseason games, etc. But to me it just seems like the risks with these little events is not commensurate with the reward.

the players are too valuable these days. at least BB isnt starting Brady or even playing him yet. I live in Philadelphia and Andy Reid is playing McNabb at least a half, in the first preseason games. It's a joke. But meri went down, and Tank Williams is out for the season, I just hate the preseason. I dont know how much longer I can get excited about Kyle Eckel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast