Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

WOW Waters looked incredible

Did you guys watch the game? Chris Waters was un-hittable today. In his major league debut he allowed only 1 hit all game long, and went 8 scoreless innings, against the # 1 team in the AL!

yes i did, he looked good but thats only once. still much better than seeing brian burres though

hopefully he's a diamond in the rough. His start was sweet but lets see if he can sustain it.

It kind of reminds me of when Guthrie burst on the scene. Everyone was talking about all the other prospects and he was never mentioned as one of them. Then they brought him up for a spot start and he hasnt been out of the rotation since. Last year he started the season at the back of the rotation, ended it as the #2, and this year was the opening day starter. Perhaps Waters can follow that path.

i'd just be happy to have him as a normal rookie that has the patience and skills to pitch im the league . I hope he can keep it up at least similar to Guthrie and then next year add Tilman or some other rookie and who knows we could end up with a winnig season for a change.

Doubt he'll ever amount to anything whatsoever.

Happens to alot of players.. Carlos Marmol and Sean Marshall did it in 06 with the Cubs.

That kid sure did look good!

Well he sucked today.

Shelled. Completely shelled.

o.k. I've seen enough....now let Penn or Bergesen get a chance.

Seen enough after two games with completely opposite results? After the first game, the hitters adjusted accordingly and rocked him (thats why there is pre-scouting). Now it's his turn to adjust to what the hitters know about him. He has four fairly good pitches and he needs to learn how to use them effectively to keep hitters off balance. I give him at least 2 more major league starts before rushing to judgement (especially since his first two were so opposite).

Hitters aren't going to adjust after one game. That just doesn't happen.

The guy's done nothing in the minors and I don't expect him to do anything in the majors.

IMO, I dont expect him to do much either but after that first game he pitched, he certainly bought himself a couple more starts. Since we're still running Burress and Olson out there, what does it hurt letting Waters pitch a few more?