Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Yao - Artest melodrama

Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle is reporting that Rockets' star Yao Ming may not be as thrilled with the pending Ron Artest trade as Rockets fans. Yao explained to the Chronicle that he and Luis Scola have exchanged text messages and e-mails contemplating Ron's impact. "We worry about the new attitude to the team." explained Yao "We are adding talent to the team and we need that, but building team chemistry is important. This is not bad. I don't mean he is not welcome to Houston. But a new player always needs some time. Also, he was the biggest part of a team in Sacramento. He was a star player. We need more chemistry and more communication. "There's worry. Obviously, yes," said Yao. "We will think about it, of course. Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands… I haven't talked to Ron yet, so it's hard to say. I have to find a way to talk to him and see what we can do as a basketball team. He has a history. But we know he is a physical player. He is a good player. He really can help us. And Ron is on a contract year, too. I think Ron Artest is a good player if coach (Rick) Adelman can control the team well."

Ron responded to Yao's comments hinting that he plans to push for a contract extension saying "We've still got to make sure there's still a commitment… That's the main thing. When I speak to the powers-that-be of the Houston Rockets organization, we're going to find out how much they really want me there…. This is Tracy (McGrady) and Yao's team, you know," Artest said. "I'm not going to take it personal. I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto. That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about. But really, he doesn't have to talk to me, because to me, I'm going (to Houston)."
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9646

artest is a cancer so im not surprise with yao's comments

omg...here we go...

"I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture."

What a *******.

Black player really representing his culture? Excuse me? Does Dikembe Mutombo come to mind there, Ron?

Dikembe is "blacker" than you, but he doesn't have to be "gangsta wit it".

I love Ron's game just not his ****ing attitude...

He's a reason why other races make stereotypical comments towards black people, then black people will get pissed... What kind of sense does that make? He's baiting people to hate on black people...

I have no problem with any race on this planet, but I do have a problem with ignorance...

And Ron Artest is one ignorant son of a *****

Melo is hood as **** but you don't see him going around bragging about it and still trying to act like he's still in the hood..

Ron Artest, you have a multi-million dollar house and your kids are spoiled... GET REAL.. YOU HAVE UPGRADED IN LIFE, THAT'S A POSITIVE..
    Last edited by Crunchy12489; 07-31-2008 at 10:11 AM.
    Where Going 0-7 To The Lakers Happens...

READ AND COMMENT MY BLOG!

yaowned

Hoopsworld is terrible, they can't even get who reported the "story; it was Fran Blinebury, not Feigen. This is pretty much blown out of proportion by the media.

I dont blame Yao, and Ron Artest just becomes more ignorant and self-absorbed with every comment he makes.

To say hes the self-proclaimed jessie jackson of the NBA is such trash. How can u make millions of dollars and almost 30, but still act like a child. Hes a highschool kid trapped in an adult body.

His comments are a disgrace to the NBA, himself and other black people. I hope the rockets release him midway through the season, around when he tries to 'find himself' or has 'family problems' and doesnt feel like playing because hes too ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy12489 View Post
    "
    Melo is hood as **** but you don't see him going around bragging about it and still trying to act like he's still in the hood..
    Melo thinks hes hood - thats why he got jacked at the allstar game a couple years ago...

Paul Pierce is hood, grew up in Inglewood - got stabbed 9 times, survived and takes everything in stride. U dont hear him talk about how hardcore he is... and thats how real people act - dont talk about it , be about it

Quote Originally Posted by Sn1ch_Turna View Post
    dont talk about it , be about it
    That's real.

Couldn't say it any better myself

He's a grown *** man with kids, yet he still has to prove how "real" he is.

I agree he's just a child in a 30 year old man's body.

T. Prince was born in Compton, and he keeps a low-profile

Quote Originally Posted by Gmen824 View Post
    T. Prince was born in Compton, and he keeps a low-profile
    Yeah he does.

I haven't heard that man speak more than a sentence my whole life.

they are just blowing it out of poportion chron.com has the full story

Quote Originally Posted by The83rdWonder View Post
    Hoopsworld is terrible, they can't even get who reported the "story; it was Fran Blinebury, not Feigen. This is pretty much blown out of proportion by the media.
    Blown out of porportion or not (which I agree it is) Ron Artest needs to realize that everyhting thing he says and everytime he opens his mouth he is under a microscope because of his reputation. The media can and will twist anything he says to make it a negative. I do think he many times shoots himself in the foot without the help of the media with his "representing his culture" rant. Frankly if I was a black male and I heard him say comments like this I would be pretty upset that a player like him views, blames and uses his race as his crutch. Ron you are a mutli millionaire, you don't live in the "ghetto" anymore. You made it from having nothing to having alomost anything you could want, your children have choices and you have choices, get you head on right because most people want to cheer for you, it's when you put yourself as the victim role that no one wants to hear it.

artest admitted that the team is yao's and tracy's he have no problem being the third scorer he said he doesnt care if he start or be the 6th or 7th man

I cant belive Ron called himself ghetto ... hahahahaha he is such a joker, but he plays basketball because thats what he does, not because hes black not because he is gangster, and lately he hasnt caused any problems .. so i think he will be a good fit with yao... Ron may even buy yao some bling bling haha

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast