Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

White Sox Fan Beaten by Cub Fans

****ing disgraceful, no one should be applauding this. I'm sure alcohol played more of a role than baseball though.

Three Chicago Cubs fans face felony charges after allegedly beating a Chicago White Sox fan so badly at a child's birthday party that he lost his eye, Huntley police officials said.

Robert Steele, 32, of Gurnee said that he went to the Sesame Street-themed party for his fiancee's 2-year-old niece on July 19, where the three men allegedly started teasing Steele that White Sox fans had missing teeth.

"We were going to leave, but they convinced us that they were just joking around," said Steele's fiancee, April Bieze.

The event took place in the home of one of the men charged during the fight.

Huntley Deputy Police Chief Todd Fulton said the four men all knew each other and all had been drinking at the party.

"Alcohol definitely played a role in the fight," he said. "It's definitely a weird situation."

The taunting got worse and more personal as the men drank, escalating into a physical fight that involved all four men, Bieze said.

Steele's nose and orbital bone were broken and he lost his right eye after getting kicked in the face with a steel-toed boot, Fulton said. He has been released after spending several days at an Elgin hospital.

Boguslaw "Bob" Czapla, 37, of Elmwood Park was charged with mob action and aggravated battery. His brother, Jaroslaw "Jerry" Czapla, 31, of Huntley and Maciej "Mike" Trojnar, 33, of Elmwood Park were charged with mob action and battery, Fulton said.

Trojnar is still at large with a warrant issued for his arrest, Fulton said. The Czapla brothers were free on bond.

If convicted of the counts against them, the three could spend up to five years in prison.

"I dont think they'll be friends anymore," Fulton said. "But, stranger things have happened."

Jaroslaw Czapla's number was unlisted. There were no listings for Boguslaw Czapla or Trojnar.

Steele said he will be fitted for a glass eye and need more surgeries.

"Any mirrors I go by, I don't look in the mirror," Steele said. "I don't want that to affect me, to see myself like that."

• Daily Herald staff writer Lee Filas contributed to this report.

****ing ninja!

I guess this is the way that Ive seen kids parties my whole life.. Why is there alcohol at a 2 year olds party?? That really doesnt have anything to do with it, but it just seems odd to me.

Just like soccer hooliganism, right down to the names involved.
    Except with a cool sport.

it's douche bags like these that make every fanbase look at bad at one time or another.

That's ****ed up. Took out his eye? Jesus.
    lol nothing matters

Quote Originally Posted by cubsneedmiracle
    I guess this is the way that Ive seen kids parties my whole life.. Why is there alcohol at a 2 year olds party?? That really doesnt have anything to do with it, but it just seems odd to me.
    Because these guys are about as Polish as can be. Boguslaw "Bob" Czapla? Come on. I would wager that approximately 3% of this argument took place in English, and that was probably "911! I need the police!"

I have a buddy whose dad distills his own home-made super-vodka that's extremely powerful. Might be the same situation, because I'm sure these guys were completely trashed.

Err..

How disgraceful..? Booo?

well this isn't a cubs sox problem, this is a lets be white trash and get drunk at a 2 year old parties, and throw some fists problem.

White Trash Pollacks & Cubs/Sox rivalry...sounds like a recipe for disaster
    LETS GO CUB-BIES!
    DA BULLS!
    BEAR DOWN, CHICAGO BEARS!
    I-L-L! I-N-I!

Quote Originally Posted by JayBandit View Post
    White Trash Pollacks & Cubs/Sox rivalry...sounds like a recipe for disaster
    As a Polish person I take offense top this; we can brawl without the Cubs/Sox rivalry to fuel it.

****ing ninja!

Thats terrible...

Boguslaw "Bob" Czapla, 37, of Elmwood Park
    Jaroslaw "Jerry" Czapla, 31, of Huntley
    I guess their other brother, Coleslaw, was out of town.

More idiot Cubs fans, giving the good ones a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHendrysTummy View Post
    I guess their other brother, Coleslaw, was out of town.

More idiot Cubs fans, giving the good ones a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Acronym View Post
    Because these guys are about as Polish as can be. Boguslaw "Bob" Czapla? Come on. I would wager that approximately 3% of this argument took place in English, and that was probably "911! I need the police!"

I have a buddy whose dad distills his own home-made super-vodka that's extremely powerful. Might be the same situation, because I'm sure these guys were completely trashed.
    Thats not really necessary.

Thats most likely why.

WOW, that's disgusting.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast