Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Rodgers under center as Packers open training camp

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- With Brett Favre's standoff with the Green Bay Packers still simmering, Aaron Rodgers took his place as the starting quarterback in the team's first training camp practice Monday morning.

Rodgers says he is doing his best to ignore the ongoing controversy with Favre, who has threatened to file for reinstatement with the league and report to camp this week -- an attempt, perhaps, to put pressure on the team to trade him.

"I feel like this is really between Brett and the organization, and I'm just trying to stay focused on the things I can control," Rodgers said.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Thank you BostonRichie for this wonderful sig!

good idea aaron. and while you are at it. try and stay healthy, we may need you for a game or two this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wwfd1220 View Post
    good idea aaron. and while you are at it. try and stay healthy, we may need you for a game or two this year.
    Very true, he has a bad track record, the Packers better hope he stays healthy

Did any one catch donal driver on sport center they asked him what he would do if brett farve came to camp and he siad "The man is a legend and we would welcome him back instantly" it seems like the vets want him back al harris and barrnet both seem to give that same impression when asked about it. I swear if the pack do bad this year at some piont this season the team vets wil turn on managment and the coaches,good luck boys hope brett is their on the bench waiting 2 help u guys, what a joke this has become the all time wins leader as a QB a back up TT u idot

Quote Originally Posted by bone2905 View Post
    Did any one catch donal driver on sport center they asked him what he would do if brett farve came to camp and he siad "The man is a legend and we would welcome him back instantly" it seems like the vets want him back al harris and barrnet both seem to give that same impression when asked about it. I swear if the pack do bad this year at some piont this season the team vets wil turn on managment and the coaches,good luck boys hope brett is their on the bench waiting 2 help u guys, what a joke this has become the all time wins leader as a QB a back up TT u idot
    Of course the veterans would love to have Brett Favre back, they've been successfull with him for years, and they like him. But it's not up to them, and they know it, and if they turn on management over the decision then I would really lose a lot of respect for those players. They have to understand at some level the pressure the organization is under to find long term success at the QB position after Favre leaves.

I can't imagine what Thompson's been going through the last month or so. He had his plan all set, everything in order, and Favre comes back and just throws a 102 MPH fastball right threw it. I wish fans could understand that and give Thompson a break....Thompson has plans and goals that go years into the future, having Favre come back puts all of that on hold and really hampers what he wants to do. He's in an awful position.

Lifelong/Loyal/Loving GREEN BAY PACKERS FAN.
    BrewCityBuck = Excellence in Posting.
    AIM - BrewCityBuck2005

Awe poor Teddy. I bet he needs a hug.