Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Josh Smith to heat possibly

What that leaves for Smith is returning to the Hawks or pushing hard for a sign-and-trade to a club such as the Miami Heat, who could offer forward Shawn Marion in return.

from probasketballnews.com

I think this is very possible, the only problem I have is Smiths( soon to be contract), even though Marion and Smith in my opinion play the same game Josh Smith is way younger, if this trade goes down, great trade

meh. i have a feeling its going to drag out even longer and we're going to continue hearing that hes going all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

Is Beasley gonna play the 3? i keep hearing trade rumors for the heat, but all of them give them guys that play the same spot.

I would assume that regardless of if its marion or smith, it would be more of a matchup thing that who plays the 3 or the 4. Beasley and marion can play either, it will just be who they matchup against better, and marion will probably take the tougher cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

Quote Originally Posted by superkegger View Post
    I would assume that regardless of if its marion or smith, it would be more of a matchup thing that who plays the 3 or the 4. Beasley and marion can play either, it will just be who they matchup against better, and marion will probably take the tougher cover.
    I agree. It's all about match-ups since they could play either positions.
    Toronto Raptors ~ Miami Heat ~ Los Angeles Lakers

~ ~

Is this going to be a sign and trade involving Marion?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

I don't see Smith suiting up in Atlanta next year. I don't know if Pat would pull the trigger on a deal for him either though. It seems as if he wants security in '10 to give Wade his max deal and bring in another all star. But what if Smith turns into an all star? A core of Wade, Smith and Beasley wouldn't be half bad. I think we could make some noise in a year of 2 w/ a core like that.

I dont see why the Heat should do it, They should keep Marion and sign Boozer in the offseason. Smith is not the low post scorer like they need

I don't think Boozer is worth max money. And that's what he'll want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets Fanatic View Post
    I dont see why the Heat should do it, They should keep Marion and sign Boozer in the offseason. Smith is not the low post scorer like they need

I agree that they need a low post threat but, the FO tried to sign Marion to a longer term deal. If they can get some one like Marion whos younger not even in his prime yet for less money and locking him up with DWade it would be worth it.

The Heat don't need another superstar, they have one in Wade, they just need to support him with talent. Which Smith has plenty of.

heat are gonna have a dynasty with their player set grr

The Heat would love that to happen. They get a younger clone of Marion who will remain with the team longer.

That would be great for the heat but I don't see that happening

Heat got like 3 SF/PF.... they need a PG and a C.
    Beasley, Marion Haslem(he is kinda unersized). and if they get Josh Smith they'd have four.
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

yea we need a C badly, blount aint gonna cut it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast