Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Two Teams that should do whatever they can to get over the hump are the .....

Two Teams that should do whatever they can to get over the hump are the:

Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns

Both teams have been title contenders for at least the last 4 years but never have been able to get over the hump. Both teams window of opportunity is closing and before it completely shuts both teams should be a lot more active then they are.
    Both teams should be going after guys like Ron Artest or Vince Carter to put themselves in a better position to win.

For the Mavericks if they could get Vince Carter and him at the SG (something on the lines of a Stackhouse, Eddie Jones and George deal could work), that would give them a lineup of:

Mavericks
    PG Kidd/Barea
    SG Carter/Terry
    SF Howard/Wright
    PF Dirk/Bass
    C Diop/Dampier

For the Suns they would be better off with someone like Ron Artest, they need that defensive presence and maybe a deal on the lines of Diaw and Barbosa for Artest would work.

Suns
    PG Nash/Strawberry
    SG Bell/Giricek
    SF Artest/Hill
    PF Amare/Marks
    C Shaq/Skinner

I just think both of these teams need to do whatever they can to put themselves over the top even if it means swallowing up some more money.
    Last edited by JordansBulls; 07-20-2008 at 02:51 PM.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Both of those would be nice. But neither will happen.

before I clicked, those are exactly the 2 teams I had in mind because of their main players aging......

How in world are the Mavs gonna get Carter without trading one of their star player??

Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    How in world are the Mavs gonna get Carter without trading one of their star player??
    Look at what NJ traded Jefferson for? Also I think they could get him based on the fact that the Nets want to have the cap space in 2010. Heck they may be able to get Lebron and Bosh if they have enough cap space.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Look at what NJ traded Jefferson for? Also I think they could get him based on the fact that the Nets want to have the cap space in 2010. Heck they may be able to get Lebron and Bosh if they have enough cap space.
    Dont underestimate the impact Yi could have on the Nets franchise if his Chinese following shows him the same amount of love they show Yao. The Mavs would have to involve a 3rd team to get Vince IMO, they just dont have anything the Nets want.

I'm expecting the Nets to hold on to VC till the trade deadline.....Wait for teams to get desperate for that 1 piece needed to keep up with their title run.....They'll get more like they did for JKidd.....Teams seems to be willing to give more when they get to see their actual positions for the title plus the wait isn't as long as the off season so there's also some rush involved....

Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    maybe you can hire ex Raptor GM Babcock and get him to work out the deal or ask him how ?

Giricek signed somewhere in Europe. Marks likely won't return, but Skinner could. And forgot to add Rookie Lopez. He's quietly having a good summer session.

the suns have to get a better bench marks and skinner arent goin get it done

Carter isn't worth a star player in return anymore.

Two Teams that should do whatever they can to get over the hump are the:

Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns

Both teams have been title contenders for at least the last 4 years but never have been able to get over the hump. Both teams window of opportunity is closing and before it completely shuts both teams should be a lot more active then they are.
    Both teams should be going after guys like Ron Artest or Vince Carter to put themselves in a better position to win.

For the Mavericks if they could get Vince Carter and him at the SG (something on the lines of a Stackhouse, Eddie Jones and George deal could work), that would give them a lineup of:

Mavericks
    PG Kidd/Barea
    SG Carter/Terry
    SF Howard/Wright
    PF Dirk/Bass
    C Diop/Dampier

For the Suns they would be better off with someone like Ron Artest, they need that defensive presence and maybe a deal on the lines of Diaw and Barbosa for Artest would work.

Suns
    PG Nash/Strawberry
    SG Bell/Giricek
    SF Artest/Hill
    PF Amare/Marks
    C Shaq/Skinner

I just think both of these teams need to do whatever they can to put themselves over the top even if it means swallowing up some more money.
    those 2 teams are washed up! they had their chances now utah and new orleans are clearly better.

does kidd even want to play with VC anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by HOZ THE KNICK View Post
    those 2 teams are washed up! they had their chances now utah and new orleans are clearly better.
    And Lakers ohh i forgot we were already better then both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast