Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Clippers aquire Camby good news for Bobcats

Sorry I just dont have time latley to make sigs, No requests right now please.

Want a sig click here just give credit
    Click here for sigs

Yup, when I saw that story it made me really happy, because now Emeka is pretty much trapped.

I wish Emeka just wanted to stay here instead of him singing with the Bobcats by default.

So is he signed and traded or locked up long term? What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

Signed to a one year deal, in my opinion. Similar to what Gerald did. Gives him a chance to examine the Bobcats situation for a year, then he can be an unrestricted FA or resign long term. I would love to see him locked up long term, but I don't see it happening, at least this offseason.

id stay if i was okafor opposed to going to the grizzlies.bobcats have more talent all around and his game will benefit from that. better coach now too.

He's definitely not going to the Grizzlies...they're bleeding money worse than the Bobcats franchise and would probably not take on a large contract. If they didn't want to pay Pau Gasol, they're not going to want to pay Emeka Okafor either. I don't think a sign and trade should be ruled out but I say it's more likely he signs the one-year deal and reaches UFA status next year although the market is going to be very very crowded with absolute superstars for the next few years, so it's probably just going to be a wash for him in dollars and cents, but the freedom to choose his team may be more valuable than money. From reading various media outlets views of Okafor he may be both one of the most underrated and overrated players in the league...a conundrum that makes it truly difficult to gauge his value.

Free Agents: 2009 and 2010
    Those who have been observing the Cleveland Cavaliers, Miami Heat, New Jersey Nets and New York Knicks, among others, maneuver to create salary-cap space already have heard about "the Summer of LeBron." That's 2010, the year that LeBron James can opt out of his contract with the Cavs.

But the offseason of 2010 is not just the Summer of LeBron: It's also the Summer of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Ray Allen, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Redd, each of whom can become an unrestricted free agent in 2010.

And in 2009, the list is illustrious, too: Kobe Bryant, Carlos Boozer, Allen Iverson, Ron Artest, Richard Hamilton, Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, Andre Miller, Lamar Odom and Rasheed Wallace can become unrestricted free agents next year.

And that's not to mention all the restricted free agents, as you can see below.

Of course, not all of these players will reach free agency. But some will, which is why we're already hearing buzz about the summers of 2009 and 2010.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-09-10

Here's a good link to ESPN that gives the RFA's/UFA's for 2k9 and 2k10

Tons of good players on the lists, so I think in a way that bodes well for us, we may lose Okafor but could get one of these guys as replacements or they could all drive the price for Okafor down....the two upcoming FA classes are some of the most talented in recent memory...looking at the list it may actually be better for both Mek and the Bobcats to just sign Mek to the one year deal and see what happens in Free Agency the next year...either way we need him this year for sure..

This means Okafor is limited to re signing long term, signing the 1 yr tender, or a S&T....Unless Memphis changes their stance on the cap space that they control.