Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Would you trade Elton Brand and Corey Maggette for Baron Davis and Marcus Camby?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah

32 40.00%
  • Nope

48 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Make This Trade? (The Clippers Essentially Did.)

If you were a GM, would you trade Elton Brand and Corey Maggette for Baron Davis and Marcus Camby? With all the FA movement and a recent trade, the Clippers basically did. And I believe they are worse off for it. What do you think?

If I were their GM...

no freakin way

Nope.

Props To Coolmo For The Sig
    TORONTO RAPTORS

Elton beats Camby, and Baron beats Corey IMO. I wouldn't cause Brand is still the best out of all of them. It would have been awesome to see Brand and Baron duo though.

nope

i meant to sey yes.. this trade goes both ways cus elton brand is a winner and baron davis is a winner so idk ?

They didn't trade Brand nor Maggette. Those guys just wanted to leave to have something different.

But to answer the question, no I would do that deal.
    Last edited by JordansBulls; 07-17-2008 at 05:01 PM.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

well they did get baron davis wich is way better than correy magette,and like 30% of elton brand but yeah i wouldn't have gave correy, now the SF players are taking over there the one who are the more better players...carmelo,james,kobe plays like a sf,pierce,VC,tmac, all the rest..so yeah having a Sf like correy would defenitly complete ur roster...

B-Diddy
    magette*** = S.livingston
    kaman
    camby
    thorton

..and the reserves...clipps 1st rd pik..
    Eric gordon*
    mobley
    tim thomas
    smush.P
    livingston
    powell
    dickau
    deandre jordan*

...this team has playoff pontential even without maggette.....

Even as a Clipper fan I wouldn't do it. We made out alright, but I don't think we would have given Baron Davis anywhere close to that big of a contract knowing Brand was going to split.

clips more then likely wont make playoffs regardless.

I accidently voted yes but I was trying to say no.

Brand is the best player in the thing IMO and Maggette is one of the best to getting to the line. Camby is weak in the defensive post and isnt really tallented offensively.

hell to the no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

no way

Yes.

The Clips look good down low with Camby/Kaman, and Diddy will keep the opposing team's best defender busy. Mobley is going to have a lot of wide-open looks this year.

They were not going to win a championship with Mobley/Brand. They are not going to win one with Diddy/Camby - but at least the process of failing will be a lot more entertaining.

Yes, definitely, the Clippers HAD to make this "trade".

The Clippers had a great frontcourt in Brand/Kaman, no doubt, but NO POINT GUARD! Last year was a clear example of how ugly things could get... The Clippers gave up more OVERALL talent, but the talent excess they had allowed them this luxury. Look at it now, the Clippers have a premier point guard and a formidable, though not as deadly, front court.

What also must be taken into account is the signing today of Azbuikie, assuming GS doesn't match this offer; the Clippers add another solid bench player that gives them depth. With Brand/Maggette, the Clippers wouldn't have the depth and no PG. If you have no general leading the show, you have no team that can win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast