Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Who Are the Early Cy Young Favorites Currently in Each League?

This is a really tough award to give out but here are my top 3 right now for each league.

AL:
    1. Cliff Lee CLE
    2. Justin Duchscherer OAK
    3. Roy Halladay TOR

NL:
    1. Ben Sheets MIL
    2. Cole Hamels PHI
    3. Brandon Webb ARZ

How did you possibly leave out Volquez and Lincecum from contention in the NL??

Logic? Please explain... I mean both Timmy and Volquez have better numbers than both Sheets and Hamels.....

Justin's numbers are absolutely unreal, just seems so unlikely he will keep it going. AL contenders seem right, NL not so much.

AL - Duke, Lee, Halladay, Marcum, Danks, Saunders
    NL - Lincecum, Volquez, Santana, Peavy, Haren, Sheets

I think its between Halladay and Lee in the East.

Heres a name you guys should watch out for, Ricky Nolasco. He has lowered his ERA from over 5 earlier this year, May 14 actually, to .374. He has a 10-4 record, and he has become the ace of the young Marlins team. He has thrown 6+ innings in 6 consecutive starts. In those starts hes struck out 42 and walked just 4. Only given up 3 home runs and allowed 12 runs in those 42 innings.

but for me its Cliff Lee and Edison Volquez right now

Quote Originally Posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
    Heres a name you guys should watch out for, Ricky Nolasco. He has lowered his ERA from over 5 earlier this year, May 14 actually, to .374. He has a 10-4 record, and he has become the ace of the young Marlins team. He has thrown 6+ innings in 6 consecutive starts. In those starts hes struck out 42 and walked just 4. Only given up 3 home runs and allowed 12 runs in those 42 innings.
    its sad thats considered an accomplishment :-/
    The New York Mets, Gangstas on the field. Ladies in the clutch

I think it'll end up being Doc and Lincecum.

Heres my Justifications on the NL Side

1) Team
    I have to look at what team they are on and say are they really gonna give the cy young to someone on the lowly Giants. I mean if they make the playoffs its a different story. right Now Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Arizona seem like three top contenders.
    2) Wins.
    Brandon Webb is on there over lincecum and volquez because he has 13. Im aware that Volquez had more wins than both Sheets and Hamels
    3) Stats
    The BAA on hamels in .204, with a WHIP of .99. He leads the league in Innings Pitched (Cook does but he has 1 more start). He has 2 CG shutouts. Limited Run Support for some reason. In Philadelphia, he is the guy they count on right now with other guys who arent quite as good or reliable. Same for Sheets. Hes got 3 complete games, opponents arent hittin well against him.

Reasons for leaving guys off:
    1) Volquez: He's struggled with control issues and hasnt really been good in his last 3 starts.
    2) Lincecum: Opponents are hittin 40 points higher off him than Hamels.

it's gonna be halladay his numbers are insane... 11 wins, 2.71 era, 121 strike outs, 7 cgs..... he should have around 13 or 14 wins because he gave up 1 or 2 runs a couple of games and lost because the jays have no offense this year... he will end up 19-9 for the season

Halladay is O W N A G E

In fact he's been so good he should win both cy youngs

Props.LgnD.

Lincecum and Doc Halladay.

^i agree with you. tiny tim and the doc
    The Future is Here

Quote Originally Posted by dcannon456 View Post
    its sad thats considered an accomplishment :-/
    I agree. Only reason I added that is to show consitancy incase someone needed it.

Lincecum is really going to have to throw up wins over the last half. He is so good but the fact he is a giant is really going to hurt him. With guys pitching great on better teams, they will rather give it to the guy like webb who posts 20+ wins than to the guy with astonishing numbers.

Doc or K-Rod in the AL. K-rod could and will very likely smash the single season save record, and in a sport where records like that aren't broken too often, he will get some serious consideration.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast