Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jays Gonna Throw In The Towellll???

The Blue Jays are now 12.5 games out in the AL East and 9.5 games out of the wild card. Baseball Prospectus puts their playoff chances at roughly 1%. GM J.P. Ricciardi admitted yesterday that the jays playoff chances are probably not good

Now comes news that starter Dustin McGowan has been pitching with a sore shoulder for several starts. An MRI is scheduled today. a serious injury to McGowan would impact A.J. Burnett's availability.I assume it'd make the Jays more likely to throw in the towel and trade Burnett.

The Phillies seem to be Burnett's most likely suitor, if they don't end up getting Erik Bedard. Or maybe the Cardinals will jump into the NL Central arms race and pursue him. The Dodgers are another possibility.

They shouldve throw in the towel ages ago, there are currently 4 better teams in the division

JP is gone after this year I bet.

Nice the White Sox will take Roy Halladay for Juan Uribe

only if we get danks and floyd for mcdonald

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Nice the White Sox will take Roy Halladay for Juan Uribe
    stay off the crack buddy doc is going no where

Quote Originally Posted by bartlett2266 View Post
    stay off the crack buddy doc is going no where
    I think you need to get a chill pill obvisously I was kidding around!

Trade Burnett, the Jays are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Joba Rules!! View Post
    JP is gone after this year I bet.
    Yeah, agreed. He should have been gone before that, though. It's just sad that it took them as long as it did to dump that pile of **** manager of theirs.

Trade Burnett, the Jays are done.
    Agreed. He's opting out at seasons end anyways, so I'm sure there is a team out there that would take him as a rental. Since the Brewers and Cubs have clearly thrown their names out there as trying to win it all this year, why not the Cardinals? They're a team that wanted him so badly when he was a FA last time around.

We'll see.

As a Dodger fan we do not need Burnett, if anything we need to consider moving Lowe if we can get equal return. As for the Jays, what do you think??? They are going nowhere. They should unload everybody they can.

well..safe to say Burnett's value plummetted a bit today?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatchelor213 View Post
    As a Dodger fan we do not need Burnett, if anything we need to consider moving Lowe if we can get equal return. As for the Jays, what do you think??? They are going nowhere. They should unload everybody they can.
    I think fans of every other MLB club could probably say that they don't need Burnett either........An 11 million dollar pitcher who's currently 5.00+ ERA and 1 game over .500.

To paraphrase Bill Veeck - I don't mind paying for the stars, it's the mediocrity I hate paying for.

Anyone who thinks they're going to get better by signing this guy, well, they're wrong - they'll stay, roughly, the same. His career numbers bear it out.

Unless he got injured today, his trade value will hardly "plummet" because of one bad outing.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysAddict43 View Post
    Safe to say

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Unless he got injured today, his trade value will hardly "plummet" because of one bad outing.
    Exactly, it should have been steadily declining since the beginning of the year.

I find it strange that this is such a hot topic - he's a .500 pitcher. He always has been and indications are, always will.

Too many people get blinded by his amazing stuff to realize his peripherals are poor (save K/9).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast