Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What do you think of this trade: JJ for Nick Collison?

What do you think of this trade:
    Magic trade SG JJ Reddick & PF Brian Cook
    to Seattle for PF Nick Collison
    (according to ESPN trade machine - this trade works - numbers wise)

Magic are in need of a PF - Seattle has an abundance of PF especially with the drafting of DJ White.

Seattle can get cap relief since JJ and Cooks contract is for one more year - while Collison has 3 years left.

Seattle could use a SG since they currently do not have one (Durant plays out of position at the 2 and Damien Wilkins is the back up - Westbrook can play the 2 - but they got him to play the 1)

Orlando would get a young power forward who averaged 9 and 9 last year - is a post player and can help Dwight in defending the paint...

one last thing... JJ's trade value is not the greatest either...

What are you throughts???

Change Seattle into Oklahoma City.

But really, if I do end up getting that job out at OKC, I'll be happy if a deal like this went through since I'd be able to see Redick still.

3. 07-09-2008, 11:16 AM

Collison is the hustle guy we need to pair with Howard, but I doubt the Sonics would take Redick and Cook because neither one of them can come in and make an impact.

With Wilcox and Collison, they stand a better chance because DJ White is at best a bench player at the NBA level and Cook is far from an option for the Sonics to use at that position at any point in the game