Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you were the GM...

What moves would you make? Keeping in mind all times (in trades), the likelihood of all moves.

As for me, I'd be more active in minor/major call-up moves. Give Mather, Stavinoha, Rasmus, and Barden turns up here to keep a the fresh bodies flowing.

As for trades, get some big, exciting, impact bat that has energy.

Free agents: any pitching.

call up mather and/or mather
    trade izzy
    sign joe borowski low risk high reward plus we can fix him
    add speed

My Teams:
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    La Lakers
    Anahiem Ducks
    Texas Longhorns
    Cal state fullerton Titans (baseball)

I would trade for a middle infielder who can hit, Maybe trade to get Grudzy back from the royals, Maybe Felipe Lopez from the Nats, or maybe make a big move and get someone like Michael Young from the Rangers or maybe even Brian Roberts from the O's

i like getting Guzman, Grudz, or roberts for the IF.

I would call mather up and give barton back to clevland cause he is just takin up room on the 25 man roster.

I would trade for Uggla by using Anderson as the main chip since thats what they need the most

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post

I would call mather up and give barton back to clevland cause he is just takin up room on the 25 man roster.

I would trade for Uggla by using Anderson as the main chip since thats what they need the most

Not a bad idea. I like the idea of having a long term shortstop and not worrying about the position every year.

As for the guy that said keep rotating guys up from AAA, that makes no sense. It isn't smart to use their options and how do you expect them to get at bats? And you had to throw Rasmus in there huh? How's he doing this year?
    STL Cardinals Fan
    SF 49ers Fan
    LA Lakers Fan
    Not too big on Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post

i agree with the barton part...he isn't very good. he needs to go back to Cleveland. as for people who could/should be traded for more help i'd say heres a list

Chris Duncan, Brad Thompson, Anthony Reyes, Bryan Anderson....i don't understand why we don't trade thompson when teams actually were interested in him...that completely blows my mind. and i say if we can't come to an extension with Lohse, we should trade him as well. we could probably package lohse dunc or anderson and pick up roberts. or hell, with that combo we could make a run at uggla.....i'd also really like to go after holliday too. if we could pick up one of them two i'd be ecstatic. maybe throw in duncan, reyes and thompson to try and get holliday and lohse and anderson to get uggla?? probably not, but that would be balls if it could happen

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    i agree with the barton part...he isn't very good. he needs to go back to Cleveland. as for people who could/should be traded for more help i'd say heres a list

Chris Duncan, Brad Thompson, Anthony Reyes, Bryan Anderson....i don't understand why we don't trade thompson when teams actually were interested in him...that completely blows my mind. and i say if we can't come to an extension with Lohse, we should trade him as well. we could probably package lohse dunc or anderson and pick up roberts. or hell, with that combo we could make a run at uggla.....i'd also really like to go after holliday too. if we could pick up one of them two i'd be ecstatic. maybe throw in duncan, reyes and thompson to try and get holliday and lohse and anderson to get uggla?? probably not, but that would be balls if it could happen
    OMG that would be balls. to bad there is no chance in hell of it

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post

Trade Lohse? If we do that we might as well wait until the off season and sign FA instead of making a run now.

"...I can't think of any all-time great in any sport who gets left out of more who's-the-greatest conversations than Stan Musial."
    —ESPN writer Jayson Stark

Our biggest hole is relief pitching ... lefty relief pitching.

A front line starter would be nice if we could work out a deal ... I like Bedard ... Randy Wolf wouldn't be bad ... A.J. Burnett has pitched well, although health is an issue with him ... Oliver Perez might become available? Our SP has done well enough ... but you can always improve a rotation.

As far as OF ... Holliday is the only one out there that can really back Pujols up ... maybe Jason Bay ... or Adam Dunn who has 21 HR but a .228 AVG ... with Duncan some what on the come back trail, Ankiel, Ludwick and Skippy Shoes leading off for us ... any one else wouldn't be much of an improvement.

And the middle IF is the only place we have room to really make a drastic improvement. I have mentioned over and over my desire to trade for 2B Brian Roberts and there is Cristian Guzman at SS.

I expect the Cards to show interest in Jack Wilson b/c they always do ... and wouldn't be surprised if they took a stab at bringing Grudz back for a playoff run ... these guys both would be offensive upgrades ... of course Ryan(AAA), Miles, Izturis or Kennedy would have to go somewhere.

"...I can't think of any all-time great in any sport who gets left out of more who's-the-greatest conversations than Stan Musial."

i'd keep miles up there, he's a good back up, i'd just get rid of kennedy and save izturis for defense....and i said get rid of lohse IF we can't resign him. if we can't resign him, we could get a solid player for him. we we have quite a few good pitchers who are capable of taking his spot as long as they get more run support meaning uggla who could help out in that department

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

If we want to win this year we need Lohse. If he walks at the end of the year ... he just walks ... but we need him in our rotation now.

Don't get me wrong I would love to retain him but that might not happen until the off season.

I'd keep the team as is, unless another team (sellers) offered a high priced players (with good value) for some of our top prospects....otherwise, I like the team as is. We're only 2 1/2 games behind the Cubs, and were not even at the allstar break yet, so we still have plenty of time, plus Carpenter is on his way back, and that right there is like acquiring a big named player.

Quote Originally Posted by CardinalRed4eva View Post
    I'd keep the team as is, unless another team (sellers) offered a high priced players (with good value) for some of our top prospects....otherwise, I like the team as is. We're only 2 1/2 games behind the Cubs, and were not even at the allstar break yet, so we still have plenty of time, plus Carpenter is on his way back, and that right there is like acquiring a big named player.

Why don't we need a lefty reliever?

LOOGY!

Man, that whole no-caps thing is annoying sometimes.

"There's no better public education than teaching kids that they should have been born to a parent who could afford their cancer treatments." - @LOLGOP

if we dont give him an extention now, it wont happen (scott boris) so he needs to be traded if we can get an allstar for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast