Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Red Sox @ Yankees (7/3-7/6)

Boston Red Sox (50-37) vs New York Yankees (45-40)

----------

Game 1

Thursday, July 3 - 7:05 ET

Red Sox: Lester had a rare shaky outing in his last start, giving up nine hits and six runs over five innings in a no-decision against the Astros. Of Lester's 18 starts this season, half of them have resulted in no-decisions. The lefty is holding opponents to a .261 average. This will be Lester?s first start against the Yankees this season. It will also be Lester's first career start at Yankee Stadium. In fact, he has pitched just once against New York in his career, surrendering eight hits and seven runs over 3 2/3 innings in an August 2006 outing.

Yankees: In the Yankees' 3-1 win over the Mets on Saturday, Pettitte allowed two earned runs and five hits, walking three and striking out five to improve to 4-0 in his past four starts. The lefty has surrendered two or fewer earned runs in each of those outings, a huge bounce-back after he gave up 10 runs to Kansas City on June 7.

Game 2

Friday, July 4 - 1:05 ET

Red Sox: Despite his modest win total, Beckett is on his best roll of the season. In June, the righty went 2-1 with a 2.38 ERA over five starts. He has given up two earned runs or less in six of his last seven outings. Beckett is 2-0 against the Yankees this season. This will be his second outing of the year at Yankee Stadium, where he allowed six hits and three runs in a win on April 17. In nine road starts, Beckett is 3-4 with a 3.19 ERA. In his last start, he gave up two runs over seven innings in a no-decision against the Astros.

Yankees: Even though Rasner kept his team in the game by allowing just two runs in the Yankees' 3-1 loss to the Mets on Sunday, his five innings were full of trouble. That's what happens when you give up eight hits and three walks. Rasner maintained a sub-3.00 ERA in his first six starts, but he's seen his ERA climb to 4.42 in his last outings.

Game 3

Saturday, July 5 - 3:55 ET

Red Sox: The sinkerballer has been plagued by control problems in his last couple of starts. Most recently, Masterson walked five and allowed four runs over six innings in a 5-4 loss to the Rays. Masterson has walked three or more batters in four of his last five starts. In six June starts, Masterson was 3-2 with a 4.54 ERA. This is his first career start at Yankee Stadium.

Yankees: Mussina's ERA -- currently at 3.87 -- has been under 4.00 over his last four starts. It seems like it's just a mistake here and there that's costing him. He hasn't walked more than two batters in a game this season. In 54 career starts against Boston -- the most he has against any team -- the righty is 19-17 with a 3.80 ERA.

Game 4 will be added later
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 07-03-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Somethings wrong with Game 3.

Why it say daisuke with a pic of masterson? and a pic of mussina with kazmir?

It is not finished yet. I had to deal with some crap while I was making it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    It is not finished yet. I had to deal with some crap while I was making it.
    LOL! Thats too funny.

But on a serious note
    You do an AWESOME job on these Lavigne.

haha I have not made one since April. Redsoxtober has done pretty much all of them this season.

I bet i can do better

nice thread lavigne, well done

game time!

Ellsbury K's

Pedroia basehit! 11 game hit streak

Drew! Baseknock.

I have Ellsbury on my fantasy team and I dont have the guts to bench him

Manny needs to get on a streak!

Bad throw!!! Could've been a DP but Jeter made an error! hahaha

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast