Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Timlin to be activated; Smith optioned

Mike Timlin is expected to be activated tomorrow (Thursday) for the series against the Yankees. He was on the 15-day disabled list.

Reliever Chris Smith will be sent back to the minors.
    Source: Boston Globe

ok sorry to all the Timlin fans, but dont get me wrong, im done with Timlin, he is just not the guy that helped us a few years back, i say its time we look in a different direction, what do you all think??

I think I'll wait to see him pitch. He did the same thing last year and had a great second half (2.88 era, 0.88whip, .192oba... much better than Oki). If he can come anywhere close to that again it's a huge help. If not he's still not a bigger risk than the guys we've relied on lately. Give him the ball a few times before the ASG and see where things go.

****!
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

Can he really be any worse than anyone else in our bullpen right now? Stop complaining.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    Can he really be any worse than anyone else in our bullpen right now? Stop complaining.
    Have you seen him pitch this year?

I'll hold judgement though. Not happy to see him on the major league roster, and I'm also not happy that they didn't give Smith a chance, but I guess I'll reserve my complaints for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Have you seen him pitch this year?

I'll hold judgement though. Not happy to see him on the major league roster, and I'm also not happy that they didn't give Smith a chance, but I guess I'll reserve my complaints for a few weeks.
    Yes.. he's been terrible.. just like most of the rest of our bullpen.. so like I said.. can he really be any worse?
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

And the bullpen just got that much worse.

Quite shocked, didn't realize it had room to get worse.

DUMB MOVE. i love timlin but he's finished. smith needs to stay up......especially with our bullpen right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PapelbonLester View Post
    DUMB MOVE. i love timlin but he's finished. smith needs to stay up......especially with our bullpen right now.
    Yeah, I wanted to see more of Smith. But maybe if Timlin struggles greatly, they may need to DFA him and then Smith will be up.

Thanks to DeeMan for designing this sig.

Am I the only one who finds it stupid to put politics in your signature? It's not like you're gonna convince anyone.

Whatever. I don't think either guy is getting into anything more than mop-up situations at this point, and given that Timlin really came on at the end of last year, plus his veteran status, he ought to get the benefit of the doubt.

HELP IS HERE!!

Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

They are probably trying to catch lightning one more time. This time though it looks deadly to them with no thunder.

I like Timlin too.

I said this last year too. He came back like the OX he is. Maybe he settles down the kids..... with age comes wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by vince wilfort View Post
    Yeah, I wanted to see more of Smith. But maybe if Timlin struggles greatly, they may need to DFA him and then Smith will be up.
    Well, in that case, why not just pitch Smith a lot while Timlin was injured in the first place? Then we'd know for sure if we should even bother with Timlin again. What did we give Smith, two or three appearances?

That was a pretty good first outing back. 9 pitches, 6 strikes, and a strikeout in the seventh against the Yankees. That's no lock for the season, but it's worth giving the vet one more shot.