Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Haha oh yes it is!! I'm doing marketing for a hotel in NYC right now and I was told that this is where the Sox stay when they play the Yanks. I'm pretty sure they are upstairs right now on one of the VIP floors. If they all come down with salmonella, it wasn't me...

Let them have some fun. If the Sox can not overtake them in the second half, which I am confident will happen. They can celebrate all they want. They are new to baseball and new to winning.

you cant blame the Rays players for playing Sweet Caroline they didnt play the song, the guys in the booth did. and who cares if theyre celebrating Rays are a young team and winning for the first time. let them have some fun. I mean we're talking a sweep over the defending champs in July , thats pretty big for the Rays and we the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    A lot of teams played Sweet Caroline .. not just the Sox.. it's just umcommon for anyone else to do so anymore because since the 2004 season and the release of Fever Pitch, it's kinda become "Boston's Song"..

The Cubs (I believe) just had a fan vote to find a new song.. however many teams do still play it.
    Thank you for saying that.
    Guys the sox don't own the song and it is a relatively new for them to play it.
    As for the Rays playing it while "Sweep Caroline" was on the jumbotron it was
    intentional. IMO it is all in good fun not classless. If anything it makes it more of a rivalry which is cool with me.
    The Rays are still a YOUNG team and young teams that are good for the first time typically hit a low and fade away. Maybe they won't. I picked them to be above .500 this year and be a pain in the Butt and be a real threat NEXT year. Ladies and gentlemen the Rays have arrived early.

Being a sox fan since 86 I think it is GREAT that the Rays fans have something to cheer for. It sucks watching your team suck year after freaking year, I swear I don't miss the heartburn that used to go along with my sox watching. Personally I hate Sweet Caroline anyway

rays are the yankees this year if you havent noticed. they hit crisp and are always picking fights.... pedrioa..exc. i dont respect the sweep caroline at all. They never play that song so to mock us after the sweep was just flat out disrespect. but i guarentee next series will be great. if i was a sox pitcher i know i'd be throwing inside.

Quote Originally Posted by PapelbonLester View Post
    rays are the yankees this year if you havent noticed. they hit crisp and are always picking fights.... pedrioa..exc. i dont respect the sweep caroline at all. They never play that song so to mock us after the sweep was just flat out disrespect. but i guarentee next series will be great. if i was a sox pitcher i know i'd be throwing inside.
    The Rays and Sox have had bad blood between them for as long as I can remember. It's amplified this year because the Rays are actually relevant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123