Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    u guys can talk all u want about the last couple of years but the fact is rays are emerging into a very good team with a lot of young talent and under a good manager. this is the year people gota start showing respect for us and realize we arent the same team anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    You're not serious, right?

If this team just swept the Rays, we'd be going INSANE over here. They have every right to be going insane down there. They're in first place, they're one of the best teams in all of baseball right now, and they just swept not only the Red Sox, but the defending Champions. They deserve a pat on the back for playing like winners this season.

I don't see those players running their mouths saying they've won anything, so who really cares?
    we swept them twice at fenway already....noone made a big deal about it. probably helps that the crisp fight put down the victories lol

You're not serious, right?

If this team just swept the Rays, we'd be going INSANE over here. They have every right to be going insane down there. They're in first place, they're one of the best teams in all of baseball right now, and they just swept not only the Red Sox, but the defending Champions. They deserve a pat on the back for playing like winners this season.

I don't see those players running their mouths saying they've won anything, so who really cares?
    The problem is a lot of us find it insulting for them to play that song after sweeping us.

Quote Originally Posted by asomen View Post
    we swept them twice at fenway already....noone made a big deal about it. probably helps that the crisp fight put down the victories lol
    Now we're in July. We're starting to get to the point where we're constantly checking the standings and seeing what the Yankees are doing on a daily basis.

It's now to the point where it gets VERY interesting, and VERY exciting.

The problem is a lot of us find it insulting for them to play that song after sweeping us.
    I'm just about certain that I've heard Sweet Caroline played at the Trop after a Rays win before, though.

I think you have to acknowledge that the attitude of the Rays towards the Sox, is different than the attitude of the Sox towards the Rays.

So of course their fans will react differently to sweeping us, than we will them.

Biggest series ever for the Rays? I don't know. That may be a bit of hyperbole. They've been winning all year. They didn't need this to validate them. Especially the way both teams came into this series.

Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    That's okay. But, it gets annoying. It's July 2nd. I know the Rays are new to this, but still.

If they were playing Sweet Caroline at the end of the game, to mock the Red Sox, and their fans.....that's pretty classless.
    Kind of like how cocky the Red Sox fans have been even before 2004?

Quote Originally Posted by ryder004 View Post
    u guys can talk all u want about the last couple of years but the fact is rays are emerging into a very good team with a lot of young talent and under a good manager. this is the year people gota start showing respect for us and realize we arent the same team anymore.
    Ok thats fine, but if Tampa wants some respect maybe they shouldn't act like classless pricks. No doubt they are good, no one ever doubted that, they have been hot lately and swept the defending champs so they have every right to be excited, just do it in a more mature manner. If they want to call themselves AL East Champs in the beggining of July then so be it, but we still have a ton of baseball to play.

8. 07-03-2008, 01:25 AM
    Reason
    Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
    Kind of like how cocky the Red Sox fans have been even before 2004?
    Perhaps.

they will falter like the Brewers last year and the Tigers in 2005...before the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver2491 View Post
    Ok thats fine, but if Tampa wants some respect maybe they shouldn't act like classless pricks. No doubt they are good, no one ever doubted that, they have been hot lately and swept the defending champs so they have every right to be excited, just do it in a more mature manner. If they want to call themselves AL East Champs in the beggining of July then so be it, but we still have a ton of baseball to play.
    When did the Rays act classless, exactly? I've seen nothing to support this.

They have been in multiple altercations this year, including Johhny Ghomes and others taking cheap shots at Coco, and I don't even like Coco and he's a punk so I would have really no reason to be biased. They then have the nerve to turn on sweet caroline at the end of the game, say what you want to try to defend it but everyone knows that its a Sox trademark and has been for a while now.

If they played Sweet Caroline to mock the Sox...that'd be a little on the classless side. But, you said they played it before for their wins...so that may be moot.

I think some Sox fans may be taken aback a bit, by the level of excitement over the sweep...and may possibly be taking that as offensive, but I don't see it as that big of a deal.

I was more offended by the TB announcers calling Garza a young Smoltz, and implying that Longoria is one of the best defensive third basemen of all time, specifically referencing Brooks Robinson, along with a few others while saying "He [Longoria] doesn't take a back seat to any of 'em"

A lot of teams played Sweet Caroline .. not just the Sox.. it's just umcommon for anyone else to do so anymore because since the 2004 season and the release of Fever Pitch, it's kinda become "Boston's Song"..

The Cubs (I believe) just had a fan vote to find a new song.. however many teams do still play it.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

Hell, I once heard "Tessie" beind played at another ballpark besides Fenway. Of course other teams use songs that are typically associated with a team or a player. Sweet Caroline is a classic and lots of teams use that one. As many people mentioned, the Rays have used that song after many wins. It wasn't to mock the Sox. And about the fans being cocky, give them a break. They haven't ever had ANYTHING to cheer for and now their team is finally giving them some hope. Red Spx fans can certainly relate to this.

^^^ A Davey sighting! It must be time for another Sox-Yankees rematch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast