Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Avery To Dallas

Avery To Dallas

Sean Avery will start the 2007-08 season with the Dallas Stars.
    The Stars have inked Avery to a four-year/$16 million deal. Avery brings a lot of character and toughness to the Stars. This is a player whose unique tactics in the playoffs forced the NHL to create a new rule just to accommodate him. The "Avery Rule" was created to prevent players from using their arms and stick to distract the goaltender, like Avery did to Martian Brodeur during the 2008 NHL Playoffs. Avery had 33 points in 57 games while spending 154 minutes in the sin bin last season.

source is rotoworld

Sather is a moron. He overpaid for Roszival and Redden - though some of that was the reality of the prices going up once Campbell got his deal (what was Chicago thinking paying that much for a player that has amassed 50 points once??). Why couldn't he give Avery another million per to keep him?? Bad move!

Lets see what the moron does next. He'll probably bring back Straka just to keep Jagr happy.

rangers will have 0 offense if sather cant bring shanny and jagr back, though i think shanny will stay inner division and jagr is 50/50 between Europe and NYR

Sather is an idiot.
    He can no longer mask his ineffeciencies with huge signings.
    I like the Rangers defense now, but the offense is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by pavel96 View Post
    rangers will have 0 offense if sather cant bring shanny and jagr back, though i think shanny will stay inner division and jagr is 50/50 between Europe and NYR
    Shanahan isn't a difference maker on the ice anymore. If you think he's the key to the Rangers offense next year, then you're as clueless as Sather is. He's a good teammate and good for the locker room, but I'd only want him back as a 4th line player. He's just not good enough to play on the top 3 lines and be counted on for anything more than about 15 - 18 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyersPhanatic9 View Post
    Sather is an idiot.
    He can no longer mask his ineffeciencies with huge signings.
    I like the Rangers defense now, but the offense is horrible.
    tell us something we dont know

Sather dropped the ball.

Sather didn't want Avery. We'll probably never know why, but we'll learn in October how important he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Plains View Post
    Sather didn't want Avery. We'll probably never know why, but we'll learn in October how important he was.
    No doubt he didn't want Avery for some reason....sure as hell couldn't of been his on ice production. Bad move for Sather.....what Avery was asking for was reasonable in my opinion when you take in account what he brings to the table.

Roszival was unimpressive, Redden is soft and our goal scoring hopes are riding on Zherdev and Drury?

if they would have done the trade with columbus earlier than they would have had the capspace to resign avery. idk wtf is wrong with sather. i cant wait till he finally leaves the organization. maybe if the league forces dolan 2 sell than the new owner will have half the brain 2 get rid of sather

Quote Originally Posted by letsgorangers27 View Post
    if they would have done the trade with columbus earlier than they would have had the capspace to resign avery.
    I don't know if that's the case. Avery wasn't wanted back. I think he was only going to be welcome back if the terms were completely in the Rangers favor - such as a very low salary.

The Maven posted his view on the Rangers site, and if half of what he says about how the organization soured on him is true, then he was gone a long time ago.

So, though I wanted Avery back, this trade with Columbus makes me feel a little better even with the Avery lose. Zherdev is a very talented player who seems to need some direction. I think guys like Drury and Gomez (and Shanny if he's back) are the type of guys that can keep this kids head in the game.

And we really didn't give up much - Tyutin was a marginal player who really hasn't developed/improved as expected the past couple of years. I would think replacing him will not be that difficult.

was anyone at game 4 against the playoffs against the pens?

the chant went up "Win For Avery!" after he was hospitalized early that morning

for the rangers, it was "win for avery, win with avery"

the rangers were 9-13-3 without avery in the lineup
    he was the difference maker in a lot of games
    he played the mental game well and was a good nuisance to other teams as well as a great all around player

avery will still remain one of my favorite players in hockey, but i would much rather see him in a rangers uniform next year

to tell you the truth, i dont really know what the hell sather is doin, but he better have something up his sleeve

if sather was smart, he'd just retire now

Marty, Marty, Marty, the high road was right there for you and you missed it.

After the Rangers 5-3 win on Friday night, Martin Brodeur passed up Sean Avery in the handshake line. Classy.

Listen to this line from Avery: "Everyone talks about how unclassy I am, Fatso there just forgot to shake my hand, I guess."

the lines in bold and italics were part of an article i found on faniq.com talking about martin brodeur not shakin avery's hand after the avery rule incident

thats one of the reasons i love avery

Yea, he also chirpped Jason Blake, in warmups, about having cancer.

I heard it went somethign like this:
    Avery : (Chirps something at Blake)
    Blake : Oh yea you want some *****?
    Avery : Yea, I've always wanted to fight cancer.

I mean, C'mon. That's what I heard through hearsay from a family member of a Leafs exec, and I believe it. Even a couple of Rangers were quoted anonymously as saying they thought it was gutless and classless and were disgusted by it... I'm guessing one was Drury.

I don't know, **** like that, just makes me not even care we don't have this lockerroom cancer around. God knows in the four years he wanted that would've turned on us. And then if it did get that bad, who truly would've wanted to bring him in midseason to ruin any chemistry they might have going? He wouldn't even be tradable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast