Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Team Canada Qualifying Tournament Thread

I think we had one of these before but I decided to create a new/fresh one. The team has started playing exhibition games. Who else is excited?

Story I read today:
    To casual Canadian basketball fans, he's been little more than The Guy Who Isn't Steve Nash.

This may be the summer Jermaine Anderson carves out his own reputation in the international game.

The 25-year-old native of Toronto, still growing into his role as the starting point guard on Canada's national basketball team, got off to a pretty good start last night with an impact that was subtle yet telling as Canada routed Lebanon 89-67 before about 1,000 fans at McMaster University.
    Link: http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NBA/article/452087

Go Canada Go!

whoooo. did we allready play any exebition games and if what have the scores been?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
    whoooo. did we allready play any exebition games and if what have the scores been?????????
    it says in the article, we romped Lebanon.... it IS Lebanon, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    it says in the article, we romped Lebanon.... it IS Lebanon, but still...
    ah well was not intrasted in opening teh link. Well we got to win as many as we can so that we get a nice streak rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
    ah well was not intrasted in opening teh link. Well we got to win as many as we can so that we get a nice streak rolling.
    I agree completely...there's some tough teams ahead.....Canada has to play at their top level.

Canada will face the US in an exhibition match....O O!

Team Canada (who needs a nickname) is playing in Toronto tomorrow night! I am thinking about going!

Speaking of tomorrow, itís the first time in like half a decade that the national teamís playing in Toronto. Ricoh Coliseum, 7 p.m. Oh, and the junior teamís playing a collection of area college kids at 4 if you want to get there extra early and that wouldnít be a bad idea.
    Oh and the whole nickname thing:

Iím sitting there watching Canada play the Tall Blacks the other night in Hamilton, thatís the New Zealand basketball team and, let me tell you, the Tall Blacks arenít the Tall Blacks without Sean Marks, if for no other reason that he once bought a round for a table of grunts at the finals one year after giving us the restaurant recommendation

Anyway, I digress.

So, Iím watching Canada-Tall Blacks and Iím thinking (a thought echoed by The First Lady Of The Beat earlier in the exhibition tournament) that we really need a nickname.

After all, youíve got the likes of the Black Stars, the Indomitable Lions, the Canaries, the Boomers and a host of others. Team Canada? Borrrrrrring!

The Canadian Shield ? Nah, maybe not. The Maple Leafs? No, too trite. Prairie Oysters? Not so much. I dunno.

What do you think?
    Link: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Breakfast and basketball.

Fans will be able to watch the Canadian national men's team – very early in the morning – as it tries to qualify for the Beijing Olympics after The Score obtained broadcast rights to the tournament next week in Athens.

Canada's two first-round games – Tuesday against Slovenia and Wednesday against Korea – will be broadcast live beginning each day at 6 a.m. and will repeated later, Canada Basketball announced.

If Canada advances out of its preliminary-round pool, those games will also be broadcast.

Canada is one of 12 teams fighting for the final three berths in the Olympic tournament and is playing exhibition games in Germany today and Friday in its final preparation.
    http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NBA/article/456906

Fans will be able to watch the Canadian national men's team – very early in the morning – as it tries to qualify for the Beijing Olympics after The Score obtained broadcast rights to the tournament next week in Athens.

Canada's two first-round games – Tuesday against Slovenia and Wednesday against Korea – will be broadcast live beginning each day at 6 a.m. and will repeated later, Canada Basketball announced.

If Canada advances out of its preliminary-round pool, those games will also be broadcast.

Canada is one of 12 teams fighting for the final three berths in the Olympic tournament and is playing exhibition games in Germany today and Friday in its final preparation.
    http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NBA/article/456906

The games will be televised!

Fans will be able to watch the Canadian national men's team Ė very early in the morning Ė as it tries to qualify for the Beijing Olympics after The Score obtained broadcast rights to the tournament next week in Athens.

Canada's two first-round games Ė Tuesday against Slovenia and Wednesday against Korea Ė will be broadcast live beginning each day at 6 a.m. and will repeated later, Canada Basketball announced.

Early breakfast... I guess I can get to work on time.

Link: http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NBA/article/456906

Bob...it was posted. I you to the max.

Wait so when are we facing Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragun View Post
    Canada will face the US in an exhibition match....O O!
    I wanna see that game. It'll be a good one.
    Toronto Raptors ~ Miami Heat ~ Los Angeles Lakers

~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ragun View Post
    Bob...it was posted. I you to the max.

Wait so when are we facing Germany.
    as you should. Stupid Bob! Although I am confused, I didn't get an email telling me somebody posted in this thread.

Canada beat a good German side 91-86 today.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast