Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Baron Davis agrees to terms with Clippers

Ok, can everyone stop worrying about him? Game over! Clippers still won't beat us!

LINK

Less than 24 hours after opting out of the final year of his contract in Golden State, Baron Davis agreed Tuesday to become a Clipper, league sources tell Marc Stein. Davis, 29, will receive a five-year deal worth an estimated $65M
    Only 13 million? Wow.
    Last edited by Vegasguy80; 07-01-2008 at 08:35 PM.
    STL Cardinals Fan
    SF 49ers Fan
    LA Lakers Fan
    Not too big on Hockey

Bdiddy Is A Clipper!!!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,2121230.story

Baron Davis' agent, Todd Ramasar, told The Times that they have a verbal agreement to sign with the Clippers.

Davis is expected to sign a contract in the five-year, $50-million range.

"From a basketball standpoint it's always been about winning for Baron," Ramasar said. "This presented a good opportunity to do that to pair him with Chris Kaman and Elton Brand is expected back."

The Clippers can't announce any deals until July 9 when next year's salary cap is determined.

In a move that took the league by surprise, Davis opted out of the final season of his contract with the Golden State Warriors late Monday to become a free agent, walking away from a guaranteed $17.8 million.

Only 11 NBA players have a higher salary guaranteed for next year.

Still, Davis chose free agency and the Clippers, who would have about $10 million in salary space if they renounce their rights to free agent Corey Maggette, began targeting Davis today, according to the team source.

The team could also find more cap space if they resign Elton Brand to a lesser annual price than the $16.4 million he was owed next season before he also opted for free agency Monday.

Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy was in New York and met with free-agent point guard Beno Udrih last night. But Udrih resigned with the Sacramento Kings this afternoon, according to the Sacramento Bee. The Clippers other main target for point guard, Jose Calderon, resigned with the Toronto Raptors.

Davis, a Los Angeles native, played in all 82 games last season for the Warriors, averaging 21.8 points and 7.6 assists.

Maggette has been contacted by several NBA teams, including the Orlando Magic, Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Utah Jazz regarding his availability -- according to a source close to him who requested anonymity because negotiations are still in the early stages.

Also, the Clippers denied to offer Shaun Livingston a qualifying offer today, making him an unrestricted free agent.

"The Clippers have expressed an interest in re-signing him," said Henry Thomas, Livingston's agent.

Thomas added that he expects interest around the league in Livingston even though he is still rehabilitating from a serious knee injury. He declined to specify what teams had contacted him.

WOW the Clippers will be a legit team in the West!

PG-Davis
    SG-Gordon
    SF-Thornton
    PF-Brand
    C-Kaman

nice i guess

Lets Get It Done Next Year Fellas ! ! !

I'm glad the rivalry is back, and I'm glad GState is gone

wow clippers have joined the race of the western conference. I have no doubt if they re-sign Brand they will make a lot of noise in the West. Clipper big three Kaman, Brand, and Davis.

damn, too bad, at least he is in LA.
    "It shows a great deal of commitment from the organization," Kobe Bryant

I posted this 5 minutes ago.
    STL Cardinals Fan
    SF 49ers Fan
    LA Lakers Fan
    Not too big on Hockey

nice move by the clips...
    Also cheers to BD for being man enough to take a paycut just to play for a contender...

at least SOME players (i'm looking at you BYNUM) are not ALL about the money. i've always loved b-diddy's play and it will be great sharing staples center with another contender.

wow great sign for the cleepers
    boing.

we're still better

Quote Originally Posted by SouljahPhil... View Post
    nice move by the clips...
    Also cheers to BD for being man enough to take a paycut just to play for a contender...
    BD didn't take a paycut. He's getting more $$. LEss money next year, but a longer contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3470016

correction, he is actually getting $65 million according to ESPN

he would be making about $13M next season instead of $17.8M

thats a paycut like it or not.
    "It shows a great deal of commitment from the organization," Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Vegasguy80 View Post
    Ok, can everyone stop worrying about him? Game over! Clippers still won't beat us!

LINK

Only 13 million? Wow.

I wonder how good BD will be in 5 years...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast