Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shanahan may sign with Devils

Shanahan may sign with Devils
    Sean Avery, given permission to speak with other teams late last week, is believed to have offers in his asking-price neighborhood of four years, $16M from at least the Maple Leafs, Blackhawks and Canucks, with other suitors expected to emerge. It's unknown whether Sather will negotiate against those offers, or whether last week's four-year, $12 bid indeed represented his final offer.

We just got Rolston so I doubt we'd go after Shanahan.
    ^This is a REAL Nets fan^

"The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime."

- Babe Ruth

I could see avery fitting in with the leafs...I feel that he's a carbon copy of tucker...a real a-hole who is capable of making things happen...

i want shanny i want him cuz it will hurt the rangers and there fans and it will improve are powerplay unit and are offense in general also im feeling good bout rolston

Shanahan wasn't all that good for the Rangers though. He was alright on shootouts but he really disappeared during the season, especially later in the season when he had some kind of leg injury.

Now that we got a forward I'd rather we got a defenseman. I'm praying for Mark Streit now.

"The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime."

- Babe Ruth

That was shortlived. Streit signed with the Islanders. DAMNIT!

- Babe Ruth

no i agree with you a defensemen b4 shanahan is better to do im mad we signed salvador and im still praying for hossa but that will never happen haha

Why are you mad at the Salvador signing? He's a good fit for "Devil's hockey". He'll be like how Colin White was to us (pre-eye injury), and makes about 100k less a year than White, I think.

Right now the average salary for a 2nd tier defenseman is like 2-3mil, so he fits right in with that. Plus last year there were some very poor defenders who got over $3mil a year, so it isn't all that bad.

The only problem I have with the Salvador contract is that it's about a year longer than I would have liked. A 2 year deal would have been perfect, 3 would have been good, but anything more than that is stretching it.

- Babe Ruth

the length of the deal is too long and personally i dont think hes good

No real game changing D-men left on the market, Lou will have to go the trade route to aquire a power play QB, maybe since we are bringing back former Devils, how about Sheldon Souray.

Rolston can quarterback the power play from the point and so can Langenbrunner.

think the devils should sign orpik from pit because he shows the hard work and physical play i like to see from a d-men think he would fit perfect in with are system and i not a fan of salvador personally.

Souray got a huge contract last year & he was hurt all season long. It's not worth the risk.

I really want Orpik because he's a solid defenseman and there aren't any real big names left, at least ones that would be semi-affordable. I think he's the best of the bunch that's left.

- Babe Ruth

I think Shanny will stay within the division maybe w/ Philly for less money or even NJ

Well Orpik re-signed with the Pens...cross him off the list.

- Babe Ruth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast