Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Would the Clippers be a contender if Baron Davis signs and Elton Brand resigns??

I'm not certain on the Clippers financial situation, but lets' say the Clippers resign Brand and at the same time they get Baron Davis. Would they be a contender out west?

PG BDavis
    SG Mobley
    SF Thomas
    PF Brand
    C Kaman

Now if they were able to sign Maggette as well it would look like this:

PG BDavis
    SG Mobley
    SF Maggette
    PF Brand
    C Kaman

Is it even possible to resign Brand and get Bdavis and then still have enough to sign Maggette at this point?
    If so, how good would that team be?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

if they got davis and brand theyd be contenders for a playoff spot..but i dont think there better then the top teams in the west
    p.s. i think thornton will be starting for them at SF this year..he was very solid last year as a rookie...just a hunch.

In the rare possiblity that they resign both Brand and Magette, the only way the would get Baron is if he takes a paycut.
    If all of the above happens, I see them going deep into the playoffs, barring any major injuries

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    I'm not certain on the Clippers financial situation, but lets' say the Clippers resign Brand and at the same time they get Baron Davis. Would they be a contender out west?

PG BDavis
    SG Mobley
    SF Thomas
    PF Brand
    C Kaman

Now if they were able to sign Maggette as well it would look like this:

PG BDavis
    SG Mobley
    SF Maggette
    PF Brand
    C Kaman

Is it even possible to resign Brand and get Bdavis and then still have enough to sign Maggette at this point?
    If so, how good would that team be?
    The Clippers won't get Davis Maggette and Brand, maybe two of the three. And you can add Gordon and Thorton to the depth chart. As previously posted, Thornton should be starter this year over Thomas.

I don't think the owner of the Clippers ownership would be willing to pay that much money to sign both Brand and Davis, let alone Maggette, Besides maggette and Dunlevey don't have the best relationship so he probably won't sign with the Clippers again

If they got davis and brand that would be a major upgrade, and would deffinatley contend and would be right in that 3-6 spot if everyones healthy, thorton is going to be a good player and i think gordon has an allstar game or two in his future.

Quote Originally Posted by rriders9 View Post
    I don't think the owner of the Clippers ownership would be willing to pay that much money to sign both Brand and Davis, let alone Maggette, Besides maggette and Dunlevey don't have the best relationship so he probably won't sign with the Clippers again
    I agree. Baron is going to get $17 million a year to start. I don't think our owner will do it. I also am not sure if its even possible for us to sign both Davis and Brand let alone Maggette. Sicne Brand and Maggette opted out I don't think we can go over the salary cap to sign them. So if we sign Davis we will only have like $8 million more to sign Brand. Now if we can go over the cap it would be pretty awesome if we signed all 3. However I am pretty sure we would go over the cap to sign Baron and Brand. If Baron gets 17 and Brand 15 we would be about $7 million over the cap which is still under the luxary tax. We were over $10 million over the cap last season.

Anyone know if we can go over the cap if we can over the cap to sign Brand or Maggette since they opted out?

If Brand is looking to be a contender... hes looking at the wrong team.... If he can fin his way on to Miami then he has a chance to get to the finals... but staying in LA or going to philly or memphis isn't going to do it...

If they were able to get Davis and Brand I really think they would be contenders.

Davis/Mobely/Thorton/Brand/Kaman. Good mix of scoring and defense there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

I've herd on the radio from inside sorces that the clippers are not intersted in Baron. I have no idea why

Quote Originally Posted by dre1990 View Post
    I've herd on the radio from inside sorces that the clippers are not intersted in Baron. I have no idea why
    b/c they know they cant afford him...

I think they would be. that is very very talented team.
    and thornton is a started next season. gordon back up 2 or point and homefully the will sign udrih or arroyo or telfair.

I like reachin for the stars

I think Thornton would start over Thomas.
    Toronto Raptors ~ Miami Heat ~ Los Angeles Lakers

~ ~

They would be. Maybe not this year, but for years to come. Brand, Davis, Thornton, and Kaman are all pretty young, so they'd have a solid core. They wouldn't have too much money for the bench eventually though, but they'd certainly make the playoffs.

Thanks to DeeMan for designing this sig.

Am I the only one who finds it stupid to put politics in your signature? It's not like you're gonna convince anyone.

I pray every night before I go to sleep now that the Clippers sign B Diddy and resign Brand. Clipper fans have been waiting for another legit team and a playoff run!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast