Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Team with most potential/Best Young Core(Debate!)

Yeah, so a few days ago someone posted that the Blazers/Bulls were two dynasties in the making.

Basically the consensus was that the Blazers have the best potential, cept for one stubborn bulls fan who i will leave anonymous.

So I pose this question to you, which one of the following teams has the best potential to be a good team in the future (not a dynasty neccesarily). I basically chose only the youngest teams so that potential would be a big factor.

Here are the choices... with a few key young blurbs to help ur decision.

Feel free to make a list and rank from most potential to least potential

Blazers: Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, Aldridge, Travis Outlaw, Bayless, Nicolas Batum.
    *went 41-41 last year. Solid team, should be even better with Oden. But can they survive in the west.

Sixers: Iguodala, Lou Williams, Thaddeus Young, Jason Smith, Samuel Dalembert, Mareese Speights, Carney.
    *made the playoffs for the first time in 3 years and took the pistons to 6 games. Solid base and Thaddeus Young should be a stud after doing well in the postseason.

Hawks: Joe Johnson, J Smith, Al Horford, Marvin Williams, Acie Law, Josh Childress.
    *made the playoffs after a poor regular season but shocked the world by almost upsetting the eventual world champion Celtics.

Bulls: Derrick Rose, Ben Gordon, Thabo Seflosha, Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah, Aaron Gray, Luol Deng.
    *tough season last year, backcourt is flooded with no true post presence, but should bounce back if Derrick Rose developes into the floor general everyone expects him to be.

Sonics: Kevin Durant, Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook, Robert Swift, Chris Wilcox, Wilkins.
    *Great backcourt, they need a downlow presence though in order to survive out west.

Nets: Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian, Brook Lopez, Chris Douglas Roberts, Ryan Anderson, Nenad Krstic, Marcus Williams, Sean Williams.
    *Tons of young talent on this team, Need a better SF because Vince is likely gone, how will they mesh?

Memphis: Rudy Gay, O.J Mayo, Michael Conley, Darrell Arthur, Javaris Crittendon, Darko, Kyle Lowry, Hakim Warrick.
    *Tremendous backcourt, but the frontcourt needs to prove themselves.

Minnesota Timberwolves: Al Jeff, Randy Foye, Corey Brewer, Kevin Love, Rashad Mccants, Sebastian Telfair.
    *Solid frontcourt, but can Foye get it done on a daily basis?

Charlotte Bobcats: Raymond Felton, Jason Richardson, Gerald Wallace, DJ Augustin, Sean May, Emeka Okafor, Adam Morrison.
    *Who runs point? Who stays healthy, too many questions.

So go ahead, make a list, and debate.

Blazers by 100000000 miles.

I guess ill start us off from most potential to least.

1) Blazers
    2) Hawks
    3) Memphis
    4) Timberwolves
    5) Sixers
    6) Sonics
    7) Bobcats
    8) Nets
    9) Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by AgentViet View Post
    Blazers by 100000000 miles.
    I acually think Blazers and Hawks have pretty comparable potential, but hey, thats just me.

Blazers will be untouchable in the west in 3-4 years

People forget to realize, some of those franchises like the Hawks and Grizzlies are not willing to go that extra mile for being a contender.

That's why having a lot of rookies and prospects isn't going to guarantee anything.

Out of those teams I'm pretty sure Nets and Bulls are going to make the most noise in the coming years while Blazers do have the most promising young core.

Remember Seattle had Ray Allen and Rashard at one time and Rashard's contract wasnt even that big that time, but they didn't put enough talent around them. I doubt they'll do it with Durant either. Sixers success in the recent years was 99% Allen Iverson. McHale will **** up the Wolves and I'm sorry for that. Hawks.. They will lose their rookies and continue being mediocre at best. Grizzlies are far from anything.. And so on..

Quote Originally Posted by lavis View Post
    People forget to realize, some of those franchises like the Hawks and Grizzlies are not willing to go that extra mile for being a contender.

That's why having a lot of rookies and prospects isn't going to guarantee anything.

Out of those teams I'm pretty sure Nets and Bulls are going to make the most noise in the coming years while Blazers do have the most promising young core.

Remember Seattle had Ray Allen and Rashard at one time and Rashard's contract wasnt even that big that time, but they didn't put enough talent around them. I doubt they'll do it with Durant either. Sixers success in the recent years was 99% Allen Iverson. McHale will **** up the Wolves and I'm sorry for that. Hawks.. They will lose their rookies and continue being mediocre at best. Grizzlies are far from anything.. And so on..

please explain how the bulls and ESPECIALLY the nets are in better position?

Portland Trailblazers.
    "You play to win the game. You don't play to just play it. That's the great thing about sports: you play to win…When you start telling me it doesn't matter, then retire, get out."
    ~Herman Edwards

It depends on the players but also the owners.

Can Paul Allen extend all his young guns' contracts and keep this team together?

B/c if they all develop into excellent players they'll demand huge contracts...

Don't forget the Miami heat with Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, Dorell Wright, etc.
    "The Knicks are back!"

Top 5
    Potland
    Hawks
    Sixers
    Bulls
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by lavis View Post

Tell me how exactly that your so sure that the hawks and the grizz are not willing to go the extra mile. This is a professional sport. What do you mean they are not willing enough to win a ring? You have to be kiddin me. Same thing for Seattle. Did you know that there is this thing called a salary cap in the NBA. Teams just cant go out and say i want that player and get him. Unless you Boston, LA, or one of these BIG CITY teams. i think the Bulls are going to be good but the nets. No i dont see them doing that well next year or the years to come. Just because NJ got YI doesnt mean they are going to be great. Yi wast that good for the bucks why would he be great for NJ.

sonics have 4 first round pics next 2 years

1 blazers

I say Blazers.
    Toronto Raptors ~ Miami Heat ~ Los Angeles Lakers

~ ~

Houston (Acres Homes to Silverleaf), Texas
    1) Blazers
    2) Grizzles
    3) Timberwolves
    4) Hawks
    5) Sixers
    6) Sonics
    7) Bulls
    8) Nets
    9) Bobcats
    Budinger | Morris | Parsons
    Scola | Patterson | Motiejunas
    ??? | Hill | Thabeet

TEXANS: 9-3
    ROCKETS: ?-?

Blazers...if they can keep that roster and develop their players they will definitely be contenders for years.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast