Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    I'm not monday morning quarterbacking or anything either....while it was happening I was calling for that.

The way the closer is used (who is essentially the ace of the bullpen) all over baseball, is kind of stupid.

For example...last year, Papelbon was our best bullpen arm. Okajima was great...but Papelbon was still better. And Okajima was much more important to the success of the bullpen last year, than Papelbon was. That's not right.

Why not? I don't get it.

First and third..nobody out. We're up by 2. That's the save. That's where the game is saved.
    Because for some damn reason no team ever does that.

Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Because for some damn reason no team ever does that.
    It's because of the save stat.

The Rays are also extremely hot right now. They are 14-4 since 5/13. I am glad I picked a Rays sweep in the mega competition

Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    The Rays are also extremely hot right now. They are 14-4 since 5/13. I am glad I picked a Rays sweep in the mega competition
    I was predicting 5-6 losses in this 7 day week.

Could it seriously be 7 in 7?

We'll be fine against the Yankees. I was very worried about this series though

I think the Rays young team is gonna fall bak down to earth in the second half. The pitching is very young and likely will run into some injury problems.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    I think the Rays young team is gonna fall bak down to earth in the second half. The pitching is very young and likely will run into some injury problems.
    Who here thinks Towelie is planning some sort of Tonya Harding type deal on Shields/Kazmir?

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Who here thinks Towelie is planning some sort of Tonya Harding type deal on Shields/Kazmir?

lol. the first half of the season just finished and EVERYONE is acting like the rays just won the world series. no offence to them but god you have a top 5 pick in 20+ straight seasons. its really about time they started playing better. but i still think they aint winning the division OR the wild card. but they will finish second in the division.... GO RAYS lol
    Last edited by PapelbonLester; 07-03-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011