Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Panic Button Engaged (temporarily)

Soriano, Zambrano, Johnson, Edmonds, Theriot, and now Ramirez have been put on the DL or have missed games do to an injury or in Ramirez's situation, he has to miss 3 or 4 games due to family matters. In their last 12 games, the Cubs have lost 8 of them and Im worried about the immediate future. St. Louis is only 2.5 games back with Mark Mulder returning and Milwaukee is only 4.5 games out of first. This is not the time for players to be getting hurt or missing games. They have a 3 game series vs the Giants and you would think they should take at least 2 or maybe even sweep. The only problem is, is that the Cubs lineup isnt too good without Soriano and Ramirez. Jim Edmonds needs rest and if he continues to play everyday until Johnson is back, hes going to be pretty damn tired out there. Instead of gaining ground, the Cubs are starting to lose ground and Hendry needs a short term fix. Im not sure what it is because Im not being paid the big bucks that he is, but sometimes you have to give in order to get and Im not talking about prospects only. Here is where everybody is going to freak out. If I was Jim Hendry, Id consider putting D Lee on the block and see what he can get for him. If it will help the Cubs win a championship then Id consider dealing him if the price was right.
    Lastly, I am sick of hearing the same excuse when people talk about the slumping Cubs...."yeah well the Cubs still have the best record in baseball"... well they dont anymore.... just in the national league.

Now tell me this, when the Titanic was sinking, did the Captain say " Oh don't worry guys, we're still in the largest ship in the world".....and if he did, well, you know the rest...
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 06-30-2008 at 11:19 AM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

You are really in panic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    You are really in panic mode.
    not really, I just dont want to see them lose 15 of 20 games. They are obviously slumping badly right now.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    not really, I just dont want to see them lose 15 of 20 games. They are obviously slumping badly right now.
    I just don't see a 15 of 20 losing streak... just not going to happen. We will have our complete starting lineup after the All Star Break, and hopefully there will be no more trips to the DL. Personnally, I think all of the games we have won has almost spoiled everyone. The Cubs will do fine, but they have to learn to win on the road.

Welcome back Theriot... and say hello to my little friend...

16 games above .500
    sori coming back sometime soon
    rami only missing 3 games
    theriots fine
    big z is gonna make his next start
    reed is coming back soon
    edmonds is fine
    ==========================================
    we are lucky to be 16 games above 500 with all the injuries weve been having, we got depth to cover the injuries....im not worried at all because wen sori comes back, were back to normal

sori
    theriot
    dlee
    rami
    fukudome
    soto
    edmonds
    derosa
    big z

we, will, be, fine,

plus, as long as we dont face lincecum...our lineup even without rami and sori will be alright....reason we lost the series aginst the sox is because of defense.....theres was amazing (crede, alexei, dye)....ours was ****ty

*EASY BUTTON PUSHED*

Seriously, B, you are ****ing trippin right now. Sure, would I love for Hendry to make a move that would improve the team, yeah. But putting one of, if not the, best hitters the cubs have on the block. Calm your *** down. The Cubs have maybe the most depth in baseball. They are bumbling and stumbling (I loathe you Chris Berman) right now, but they will not crash and burn. Just relax guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRtH_SiDeR_10_ View Post
    16 games above .500
    theriots fine
    reed is coming back soon
    edmonds is fine
    we are lucky to be 16 games above 500 with all the injuries weve been having, we got depth to cover the injuries....im not worried at all because wen sori comes back, were back to normal

sori
    theriot
    dlee
    rami
    fukudome
    soto
    edmonds
    derosa
    big z

we, will, be, fine,

plus, as long as we dont face lincecum...our lineup even without rami and sori will be alright....reason we lost the series aginst the sox is because of defense.....theres was amazing (crede, alexei, dye)....ours was ****ty

*EASY BUTTON PUSHED*
    Yup I couldn't have said it better. But also the Cardinals have alot on the DL (pitching), I am getting worried about them because they just keep hanging on, an dont forget the brewers (4.5 gb)

were halfway thru season an 16 over 500 and panicking?

we will be fine

we have a 4 games series against the giants and god only knows how bad they suck

we will be fine

Lastly, I am sick of hearing the same excuse when people talk about the slumping Cubs...."yeah well the Cubs still have the best record in baseball"... well they dont anymore.... just in the national league.
    God forbid.

Does anyone else find this as hilarious as I do?

Would you rather everybody get hurt in September or June?

I'll gladly take a few DL stints in June than September.

Quote Originally Posted by mawp View Post

I'd also much rather have a 4 game skid and rappy week of play in June than in September
    Welcome home, Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRtH_SiDeR_10_ View Post
    16 games above .500
    theriots fine
    reed is coming back soon
    edmonds is fine

sori
    theriot
    dlee
    rami
    fukudome
    soto
    edmonds
    derosa
    big z

we, will, be, fine,

*EASY BUTTON PUSHED*

Not to mention, part of our struggles is that we've just come out of the toughest part of our schedule. Seriously banged up going against the hardest part of our schedule, it's impressive we did as well as we did.

Quote Originally Posted by mawp View Post

Well, to be fair, it's not like just because they're hurt now doesn't mean they can't get hurt in September as well.

However, I'm banking on the fact that Lee is going to have a monster second half. He's pretty much struggling right about now (relatively speaking), so I'm hoping a surge is coming in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post

Not to mention, part of our struggles is that we've just come out of the toughest part of our schedule. Seriously banged up going against the hardest part of our schedule, it's impressive we did as well as we did.
    true, from now on we have a bunch of HOU, PIT, CIN games as long as we dominate them, we can just go .500 for the rest and be many games up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast