Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Matts Downs

Matts Downs

What r your expectations and thoughts on matt downs?

i dont no fellas but this guy looks like the real deal, i expect to see him in a giants uni before this year is done.
    Last edited by BIGGEST SFG FAN; 06-27-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGEST SFG FAN View Post
    What r your expectations and thoughts on matt downs?

i dont no fellas but this guy looks like the real deal, i expect to see him in a giants uni before this year is done.
    he came out of nowhere ...but im with ya we may see him soon...funny we had no 2b options coming into the year and now going into 2009 we have guys lined up for the 2b job....

Kevin Frandsen, E Velez, Travis Denker, Nick Noonan, Matt Downs, Kylie Haines, Brock Bond...sleeper before Downs poped up was the kid Haines he is a converted SS with good skills dont know how much further he projects.
    *NICK DIAZ IS A SAINT I SWEAR...I ONCE SEEN HIM WALK A OLD LADY ACROSS THE ROAD...THEN HE FLIPPED HER OFF*

MMA'S 4 HORSEMEN NICK DIAZ,NATE DIAZ,JAKE SHIELDS,GILBERT MELENDEZ

GIANTS15 AKA RAIDERS15

" ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME "

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTS15 View Post
    he came out of nowhere ...but im with ya we may see him soon...funny we had no 2b options coming into the year and now going into 2009 we have guys lined up for the 2b job....

Kevin Frandsen, E Velez, Travis Denker, Nick Noonan, Matt Downs, Kylie Haines, Brock Bond...sleeper before Downs poped up was the kid Haines he is a converted SS with good skills dont know how much further he projects.
    ya man, everyday i'd go on the internet to see the giants minor league games played and this matt downs guys would always tear up the stat sheet with homers and average, as for our up n coming second basemans its going to be tough for the giants to figure out our true second basement, noonan-downs- seem like locks for the job

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGEST SFG FAN View Post
    ya man, everyday i'd go on the internet to see the giants minor league games played and this matt downs guys would always tear up the stat sheet with homers and average, as for our up n coming second basemans its going to be tough for the giants to figure out our true second basement, noonan-downs- seem like locks for the job
    i wonder can any of them man 3rd or ss in the pro's ? shoot if they can hit and be avg at ss or 3rd then move one or 2 of them
    *NICK DIAZ IS A SAINT I SWEAR...I ONCE SEEN HIM WALK A OLD LADY ACROSS THE ROAD...THEN HE FLIPPED HER OFF*

GIANTS15 AKA RAIDERS15

I could be wrong but I believe matt downs can play 3rd base, if I'm not mistaken he was drafted as one.

What happened to the Giants Daily Minor League Roundup on the MLB.Com page.

What are his stats this year?

I had no idea who Matt Downs was until you just mentioned him. I just checked his stats and he looks good. I agree we have a surplus of 2b prospects now, Fransden,Denker,Downs possibly battling it out for next year. Noonan is still 4-5 years away, he is projected to be a Chase Utley type player and i would like to see the Giants wait and develop him properly. I don't see Velez as an everyday player or even in our future IMO i see him as a utility player i'm not high on him at ALL. He reminds me of one of those punk type players that don't care much.

Question is can players like Matt Downs play 3b? I wouldn't mind moving players like Denker/Fransden/Downs to 3b. The rest are still a few years away imo and the real future 2b Noonan is still 4-5 years away.

hmmm somethings up at fresno...on 7/1 Downs started at SS for the 1st time in his career (and they just promoted some 19yrs old to start last night at SS) ...and it has gone unnoticed he is also playing LF ...i wonder if the Giants are having him play these new positions in hopes of getting him up to the bigs sooner as a utility guy...and yes he does have experience at 3rd having played more games thier than 2nd base .

GIANTS15 AKA RAIDERS15