Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 133

Thread: Whats Next ???

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    19,385
    Hoopshype mentions that Marion is still in the mix with the raptors. I have no idea what this means yet because hoppshype has yet to be updated.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by khanraymond View Post
    Humphris is probably the addition player involved in the trade - or Graham and Basten (probably not - since the report said one additional player).

    Most teams like 5 front court players and 3 PG.
    Last season we had Bosh, Rasho, Bragnani, Humphris and Basten - front court
    and at the PG - Ford, Calderon, and Martin.

    Duhon won't command a full MLE - more like 3 million a year (that's what Toronto signed him with before and was matched by the Bulls - if the Bulls select Rose, I'm sure they won't match any offers to Duhon).

    Also, Toronto needs to go after a Veteran PG thats cheap to play 3rd string - Darell Armstrong.

    Front court - with Bosh, O'Neal, Bragnani and Basten - they will need to add one more - Kurt Thomas, Melvin Ely, JMags or try and get into the draft and grab Robin Lopez.


    We have Parker, Delfino (whos option was picked up - so he's staying for at least one season), Kapono, Moon, and Graham - which creates a small problem at the SG/SF - which is we really can't sign a FA (since most of the money will be directed to 2 PG and F/C).
    Parker, Delfino and Kapono all showed that they are only effective at the SG - Moon was solid at the SF and Graham did his best keeping the Bench from sliding onto the court.

    There as been talks of Kapono going to Miami for Halsem - which is interesting.
    Also, Clevelands #19 pick is available. The Cavs really need a better 3PT shooter better than Wally.

    Some say the reason Raptors gave up their 17th pick is cause the person they really want will be available later - the only two players i can think of - Bantum and R. Lopez.

    Seattle's 24th and 32nd pick are interesting as well.

    New Jersey's 21st pick and Marcus Williams - who had a sub-par year - may also be another option.

    Also the Sun's 15th pick is interesting - the Sun's have to win now - this is probably the last year they can put something together with Shaq and Nash in their starting lineup - so do they really want a rook. Shaq said he missed Kapono and Posey, before he was traded to the Suns (maybe cause Miami didn't have any shooters).
    Bring back Roger Mason JR. for the back up PG position how much money can he possibly make? I liked him his first go around in TO.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by hades View Post
    kapono is too good of a shooter to be traded. BC wont trade him. I wouldnt trade him.

    BC spent so much on bargs, he's not about to pull the plug now that JO is here and bargs could learn a lot from him.

    Id hope BC would spend that MLE on somone like pietrus, he can shoot and a much better defender than moon / delfino / kapono

    is brezec a free agent?

    I would keep Primoz if it cost us nothing
    he is crazy I love him.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    19,385
    Wow Marion and Rip Hamilton are be discussed as other trade options for the raps. Rip seems more likely because of his salary though.. Imagine Rip on our team..

    There also were reports yesterday the Raptors have talked with the Detroit Pistons about a deal that would net Pistons shooting guard Richard Hamilton, though the Pistons are holding out for Jose Calderon.

    "Bryan is talking to everyone," one Eastern Conference front-office source said. "He's trying to trade to make his team better."

    It was interesting in that context that Colangelo, noting that his club needs both wing scoring - "We've talked about finding a legitimate 20-point scorer at the wing position" - and more toughness made reference to wiry Hamilton, who has averaged 20.8 points in 116 career playoff games.

    "[The Pistons] mentally, are a very tough team," Colangelo said. "Rip Hamilton is not a big strong guy, but he's a pretty tough kid."
    Globe and Mail

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by Fion View Post
    I dont know if duhon is worth the mid level expection, but we need a talented backup. I dont know if roko will come Nba ready at the level we need and expect. Going after a backup might not be a bad idea.
    I think he should be fine... we just need someone who can play 10-15 minutes to spell Calderon. I expect Calderon as a full-time starter to avg 30-35 minutes a game. Also with our new acquisition in Oneal... it's not terribly difficult to dump a pass down low to either Bosh or Oneal and from what I have seen Ukic is a good passer
    Last edited by HoopsMachine; 06-26-2008 at 09:46 AM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Wow Marion and Rip Hamilton are be discussed as other trade options for the raps. Rip seems more likely because of his salary though.. Imagine Rip on our team..



    Globe and Mail
    Theres no way we give up Calderon for Hamilton.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,343
    i have a question

    how do i add a picture/words at the bottom of my messages like you guys got going there?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    19,385
    Quote Originally Posted by B2theRY View Post
    i have a question

    how do i add a picture/words at the bottom of my messages like you guys got going there?
    Click the User CP at the top of your page and than go to change signature.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    19,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Durant is hype View Post
    Theres no way we give up Calderon for Hamilton.
    Thats what they were talking about, it would of course not be for calderon, maybe its something else.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by khanraymond View Post
    Humphris is probably the addition player involved in the trade - or Graham and Basten (probably not - since the report said one additional player).

    Most teams like 5 front court players and 3 PG.
    Last season we had Bosh, Rasho, Bragnani, Humphris and Basten - front court
    and at the PG - Ford, Calderon, and Martin.

    Duhon won't command a full MLE - more like 3 million a year (that's what Toronto signed him with before and was matched by the Bulls - if the Bulls select Rose, I'm sure they won't match any offers to Duhon).

    Also, Toronto needs to go after a Veteran PG thats cheap to play 3rd string - Darell Armstrong.

    Front court - with Bosh, O'Neal, Bragnani and Basten - they will need to add one more - Kurt Thomas, Melvin Ely, JMags or try and get into the draft and grab Robin Lopez.


    We have Parker, Delfino (whos option was picked up - so he's staying for at least one season), Kapono, Moon, and Graham - which creates a small problem at the SG/SF - which is we really can't sign a FA (since most of the money will be directed to 2 PG and F/C).
    Parker, Delfino and Kapono all showed that they are only effective at the SG - Moon was solid at the SF and Graham did his best keeping the Bench from sliding onto the court.

    There as been talks of Kapono going to Miami for Halsem - which is interesting.
    Also, Clevelands #19 pick is available. The Cavs really need a better 3PT shooter better than Wally.

    Some say the reason Raptors gave up their 17th pick is cause the person they really want will be available later - the only two players i can think of - Bantum and R. Lopez.

    Seattle's 24th and 32nd pick are interesting as well.

    New Jersey's 21st pick and Marcus Williams - who had a sub-par year - may also be another option.

    Also the Sun's 15th pick is interesting - the Sun's have to win now - this is probably the last year they can put something together with Shaq and Nash in their starting lineup - so do they really want a rook. Shaq said he missed Kapono and Posey, before he was traded to the Suns (maybe cause Miami didn't have any shooters).
    Out of all the players to be thrown in, I hope it's not Humphries... he's our toughest player.

    I don't know if Duhon's situation would be that much different here than in Chicago... he might even get more time splitting with a rookie, especially if Hinrich is gone, than playing behing Calderon, Parker, Ukic, and Delfino. My guess is someone needs an experienced starting guard might take a chance on him with a MLE.
    A Darrel Armstrong would be nice, or a Lindsay Hunter - a good character guy who is a lockdown defender and won't cry if he doesn't get much minutes behind Calderon and, hopefully, Ukic.

    You're right on about the front court. We need to pick up some toughness and rebounding here, either via trade, FA - Diop, or in a center-deep draft I like R.Lopez, Koufos and Hibbert - to learn from JO.

    There is a logjam at sg/sf... Parker, Delfino (who still might get a better offer elsewhere), Kapono, Moon, and Graham. I'd like to see them hold on to Parker and Delfino - sg's, and Moon - sf. I'd use Kapono, Graham, maybe Bargnani, or the MLE to get tougher and more athletic at sf - someone who can guard Lebron and Pierce.

    I don't like Kapono for Haslem... unless Bargs and Humphries go somwhere, we don't need another PF.

    I think the Sun's will take Rush if he's still around when they pick... he's the most NBA ready draft pick on their radar that can step in and contribute right away.
    Last edited by argo; 06-26-2008 at 10:15 AM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Click the User CP at the top of your page and than go to change signature.
    Thanks A million

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,343
    we had hunter back in the day i hated him!

    HATE HATE HATE HATE HATED him!

    im starting my bring back roger mason campaign!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    55,525
    Quote Originally Posted by B2theRY View Post
    i have a question

    how do i add a picture/words at the bottom of my messages like you guys got going there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Click the User CP at the top of your page and than go to change signature.
    You need 100 posts. He's close.
    If we're all such great coaches why do we recruit so hard? You need players.

    ~ Jack Armstrong, ECF 2016

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Hoopshype mentions that Marion is still in the mix with the raptors. I have no idea what this means yet because hoppshype has yet to be updated.
    Marion? Do we have money for him with JO?
    Getting him would spell championship for the raps. Of all the guys mentined, he can guard the SF, and he grabs mad rebounds.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    19,385
    Quote Originally Posted by argo View Post
    Marion? Do we have money for him with JO?
    Getting him would spell championship for the raps. Of all the guys mentined, he can guard the SF, and he grabs mad rebounds.
    Im not sure if it would work but we would have the money to maybe add a guy like hamilton who has a decent price tag.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •