Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HOJO View Post
    What do you expect though when everyday there is a new thread created about why Willie shouldn't have been fired or Johan is past is prime. It just doesn't seem to me that people are thinking rationally before they create certain threads. As mets fans we need root for this team through wins and losses. Not just start *****ing when they lose a game trying to place blame on somebody. Do people actually expect them to win every game? If everyone on here is a true mets fan then they know that winning does not come easy (i.e. check the last 45 years). Root for the team, root for what we have right now and just hope the players play to the best of their abilities.(by the way, this isn't aimed at you Joey, i'm just using you're quote)
    It doesn't make them any less of a fan to complain about the team. If you say "Man, the Mets are GREAT" during a seven-game losing streak, then you just sound like an idiot. You have the right to get upset when they lose.

As for expecting them to win every game, no, obviously not. But we do expect them to win more than half of them.

Any predictions on tonights game?

Quote Originally Posted by metsfaninSTL View Post
    Any predictions on tonights game?
    Knowing the Mets, they will win 40-2.

yea I think they give a strong effrot... They cant get swept by worst team but I would not but it past them

Oh god, another Jetsfan...

Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    Oh god, another Jetsfan...
    you know he's not a bandwagon fan

Bleed Green and White I love the Mets too

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan2521 View Post
    Bleed Green and White I love the Mets too

they lost a game I guess theyre not "awesome" anymore...

Awesomely bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MvpMets00 View Post
    Awesomely bad.
    Matt Harvey - 8-2; 2.37 ERA; 94 K's; 76.0 Inning.

I cant understand why people are really down on the Mets and packing up the season. Sure they havent performed, and sure theyre not doing what theyre supposed to, and sure theyre not in first place, but theyre only A HANDFULL OF GAMES OUT. Why would any "TRUE" Met fan, give up on the season, especially only being a few games out? This team does not need to climb an unclimable ladder, instead, it just needs a nice small(4-5) winning streak, and theyre right back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by DREW View Post
    I cant understand why people are really down on the Mets and packing up the season. Sure they havent performed, and sure theyre not doing what theyre supposed to, and sure theyre not in first place, but theyre only A HANDFULL OF GAMES OUT. Why would any "TRUE" Met fan, give up on the season, especially only being a few games out? This team does not need to climb an unclimable ladder, instead, it just needs a nice small(4-5) winning streak, and theyre right back into it.
    Dude, wake up.

This team is nothing more then a .500 team, unless a move is made that what it will continue to be. We are lucky the Phillys have lost 6 in a row, if not this team could be an easy 10 games out.

Quote me.

Quote Originally Posted by MvpMets00 View Post
    Dude, wake up.

This team is nothing more then a .500 team, unless a move is made that what it will continue to be. We are lucky the Phillys have lost 6 in a row, if not this team could be an easy 10 games out.

Quote me.
    My eyes are wide open. And for your information, if the Mets are a .500 team, the Phills are like a .540 team. WOW!!!!!!!!!! This seasons over!! Lets give up. And you say that we're lucky the Phills lost 6 in a row??? How about the Phills are lucky that the Mets havent won 6 in a row, AT LEAST NOT YET!!! Maybe you should jump off the Mets bandwagon, OHHH wait, you already have. THANK GOD FOR ALL US TRUE MET FANS. As TUG said, "Ya gotta believe" and I for one definetly do, especially since we are only 4 games out. Thats 4 games! 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4 ONLY 4! If we lose then we lose, but at least I can say that I had faith in the team, as only true Met fans can say.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMet View Post
    It doesn't make them any less of a fan to complain about the team. If you say "Man, the Mets are GREAT" during a seven-game losing streak, then you just sound like an idiot. You have the right to get upset when they lose.

As for expecting them to win every game, no, obviously not. But we do expect them to win more than half of them.

I didn't say that it makes them any less of a fan if you complain. If you love the mets then of course you're gonna be upset when the team plays like they have the last year. My point was that new threads pop up about bull**** everyday. It makes me think that some people just complain for the sake of complaining and look at one game instead of the whole package. I'm personally not one of the people calling out other members as bandwagoners, but if you don't think that there are some on this site, then you're just not being realistic.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast