Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The funny thing is that the Mets aren't playing THAT much better, just that the Phillies aren't playing as well

Quote Originally Posted by J-N-M-ETS4LYF View Post
    I second that... !! BANDWAGONERS hate to say We told u so... ONce u jump off.. stay off...I still remember about a week ago defending the mets when some "bandwagon" fans were saying.. OO its Time to "rebuild"... "be practical.. we are not good enough"/// "face reality"... "we're just not that good"... BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH/// all the real fans believed.. and to be a real Mets fan "u gotta Believe"... soo all of u that stopped believing before the half way point... when we were only 7 1/2 games out.. Hop off.. u guys need to learn that baseball is a 162 game sport.. and a team as good as ours cant stay down for long.. WE played horrible and we were still only 7 games out.. We were due to play better...Liek i said if the phillies did it with about 25 games left.. why cant we do it with 90 games left.. GO mets... Never stop believing True fans..
    OK, enough of this ridiculous talk. It's one thing for people to root for us to lose, I agree that those people can go jump in a lake...but the people who were fed up with the play of this team to the point where they had no confidence are just as much fans as you are, dude. Back the hell off. We all love this team, that's why we get so sick over their struggles. Some people can shake it off easier, others can't. Deal with it, and get off their backs.

And truth be told, we've gotten back to .500 like 9 times this season. It's not exactly the end of the problems. We've got a lot to prove. The reason fans are excited again is because Jerry Manuel has actually brought a new attitude to the team. Let us enjoy it instead of slamming us with your ignorant comments.

Id like to know how many bandwagoners we have here pretending they are real fans

BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Looks like the bandwagon train is back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Looks like the bandwagon train is back on track.
    Riding strong beside the Yankee bandwagon.
    "If we want to be an iconic franchise, which I think we are capable of doing, we have to write more good stories than bad, and occasionally we have to write a really epic story." --Sandy Alderson

Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    Riding strong beside the Yankee bandwagon.
    We have plenty of those too unf.

this forum still has an obsession with the word bandwagon ..... who the **** wants to be a bandwagon mets fan, if you are a bandwagon mets fan than you obviously are the biggest ****** in the world, root for the other side of new york that make the playoffs every ****ing year

Quote Originally Posted by L-MiLLZ44 View Post
    this forum still has an obsession with the word bandwagon ..... who the **** wants to be a bandwagon mets fan, if you are a bandwagon mets fan than you obviously are the biggest ****** in the world, root for the other side of new york that make the playoffs every ****ing year
    Exactly. We've got a bunch of self-righteous retards on this board that think they can dictate who is and who isn't a real fan.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMet View Post
    Exactly. We've got a bunch of self-righteous retards on this board that think they can dictate who is and who isn't a real fan.
    i don't think there is such a thing of a bandwagon mets fan ..... oh wait nope i looked it up on dictionary.com

Bandwagon Mets Fan v. ( Ban Da WA gun ) - dropped on head when infant, thinks Mets play in the Bronx, or has one obsession for losing

Quote Originally Posted by prayforSANTANA View Post
    The funny thing is that the Mets aren't playing THAT much better, just that the Phillies aren't playing as well
    We have a series against the phillies coming up after the St. Louis series. We will see then who is playing better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    We have plenty of those too unf.
    I dunno how you guys deal with it. For me, its a new thing. The last 4 years or so I've seen wayyyyyyy more Mets gear around, and more fans who seemed to appear out of thin air. Where were they in the 90s?

True Mets fans are there every day, not just games they win.
    I can be boring and vanilla, too! Controversy = BAD...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMet View Post

What do you expect though when everyday there is a new thread created about why Willie shouldn't have been fired or Johan is past is prime. It just doesn't seem to me that people are thinking rationally before they create certain threads. As mets fans we need root for this team through wins and losses. Not just start *****ing when they lose a game trying to place blame on somebody. Do people actually expect them to win every game? If everyone on here is a true mets fan then they know that winning does not come easy (i.e. check the last 45 years). Root for the team, root for what we have right now and just hope the players play to the best of their abilities.(by the way, this isn't aimed at you Joey, i'm just using you're quote)

The bottom line is this:

In a 162 game season, a team will:

Win 50 games no matter what.
    Lose 50 games no matter what.

It's the OTHER 62 GAMES you worry about. Now, true, SOME teams win fewer than 50 games, but those are few and a generation apart. An even more extreme few will win more than 112 games. So we are bickering over 62 games.

If some complain about a loss, it's a valid point, but we need to realize that after 50 wins and 50 losses, each game is .016 of the season. Every game is important, but some are more important than others.
    I can be boring and vanilla, too! Controversy = BAD...

Awesome? Where the hell do you guys see awesome? I don't even see the smallest margin of awesome. After playing the West cellar dwellers in the last four games, they are 2 and 2. That my dear friend ain't awesome. It is the same old .500 ball we been seeing for months.

I was blaming the players for their poor play, but after witnessing the Willie saga, I now firmly believe it's the back-office agenda of self-propaganda that is destroying the unity of the team.

Yank Fan since '58 -- Mets Fan since '62
    Model Trains - N-scale, Genealogy, Philately, Photography, Paradise

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast