Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Question for all the Rose backers.

What #'s would Beasley have to put up next year for you to regret the Bulls not taking him?

twenty and ten, but it depends how Rose plays. If Rose put up like twenties and like atleast 8 assists I'd still be happy.

What kinda numbers would he have to put up?? 50 Wins.

Doesnt matter. Judgement cant be made until both hit their prime. Now if The Heat or whatever team he goes to WINS a TITLE, their may be regret. But ive said here i think that he is a 18 and 8 guy right off the bat, but that doesnt mean he will have the right impact on a team.

Rose will put up 14 and 6 in his first year but he will make his teammates better with him.

You said in another thread that coaches said Beasley was a good leader. Then how come he didnt get his team involved. Kobe said it best during an interview with Stephen A. Smith during the playoffs, i finally found out how to be a true leader and get my teammates involved". He didnt want to share his secret about how but thats his problem. Look at LBJ, He has perhaps the worse team ever to ever reach the Finals.

Want to know how he did it? He got his teammates confident by defering to them to start out games and then he would take over in the spots that he HAD to.

Beasley NEVER looked for his teammates and never looked to better them. Ask Kobe and he will tell you that isnt a true leader.

youd only "still be happy" if rose put up points in the 20s and 8 assists? id be ecstatic. beasely would have to put up more than 20 and 10 for me to regret it if those are the numbers rose has. problem with this question is you cant regret the pick for at least a few years. look at chris paul. he was good as a rookie but hit that next level this year.

Beasleys team was terrible were talking about kansas St they had one other guy in Walker! Jay williams put up the same numbers that rose put up in his freshamn year and he stayed 2 more years to develope he Avg 9 , 4 and 2 for the bulls so i think your expectations of Rose are little to high!
    Last edited by ATOMICBULL; 06-20-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEbigO View Post
    youd only "still be happy" if rose put up points in the 20s and 8 assists? id be ecstatic. beasely would have to put up more than 20 and 10 for me to regret it if those are the numbers rose has. problem with this question is you cant regret the pick for at least a few years. look at chris paul. he was good as a rookie but hit that next level this year.
    Lebron wasn't extremely good in his rookie season.

LBJ averaged 20 his rookie year if I'm not mistaken. My question is, why would we want Mike Beasley, who is 6'7'', when we already have Lu, who is 6'9'', Tyrus, who is 6'10'', and Joakim, who is 7'0 or 6'11''. Beasley is a slasher that we already have in Deng. BRING ROSE HOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick_Rose View Post
    LBJ averaged 20 his rookie year if I'm not mistaken. My question is, why would we want Mike Beasley, who is 6'7'', when we already have Lu, who is 6'9'', Tyrus, who is 6'10'', and Joakim, who is 7'0 or 6'11''. Beasley is a slasher that we already have in Deng. BRING ROSE HOME!
    Yes he did average twenty... All I'm saying is that he didn't have a historic rookie year. I will say though that Beasely will be a major matchup problem in the years to come. I just think the Rose is too good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by DabullsDabearsD View Post
    What #'s would Beasley have to put up next year for you to regret the Bulls not taking him?
    the funny thing is you think that it's all about instant impact. IT'S NOT! I am rose fan, but I think that beasley will have a better rookie season, however, I am also nto going to be stupid enough to say beasley will get "30ppg/15reb", or rose will get 30ppg/15apg.
    On to the rookie season. IDC what numbers beas, puts up, I wouldnt care. Beas will have good numbers like I said, but honestly I dont expect much of a change from him from then on out. Rose, on the other hand will go through a longer 2-3 month transition period, before he starts out good.
    I imagine beasley getting something around 18-20ppg/7-9rpg. it also depends what position he plays on and if he does play on the heat, I dont think he would necessary have THAT flashy kind of stats since they already have wade, who he has to share the ball with. But those numbers look realistic to me. I think rose will have first 2-3 months where he will average something around 14ppg/5-6ast. I think by end of the season he will have something around 18ppg/8ast, and in the end average out to around 16ppg/7ast. Again, he is going through a harder transition so to be fair, I wont be making any judgement on who is the better pick until year 4, since again rose's transition will be longer and tougher, playing a much tougher position. but in the long run I still think rose will be the better player and have a career average alone the lines of 20-22ppg/10-12apg, while beasley will probably have something along the lines of 22-24ppg/8-10rpg. The rebounds will definitly be questionable because if he is a SF, he wont be getting 10 for sure, but even as a PF, I dont see him becoming that good of a rebounder, he seems to remind me ALOT of amare, a guy who can score a crapload but not a very good defender, who wont get you a crapload of rebounds. Only thing he has on amare is a far better range, but at the same time, his post presence wont be nearly as good.
    In the end of the day I take rose, because while beasley may average more ppg, rose will definitly get far more of his teammates involed which equals another +24-30 points, not to mention rose is very much compared to kidd so I can also see him getting around 4-7rpg in his career average
    Last edited by kozelkid; 06-20-2008 at 08:18 PM.

It not only depends on Roses numbers but also the effect he has on the other players around him. I like them both but I just think that the current defensive rules would greatly benefit Rose. That's why so many other PGs are having the success they are having.

Derrick Rose 1st year projections: 11.7 pts, 6.9 asst, 4.8 rebs

Michael Beasley 1st year projections: 20.8 pts, 8.6 rebs, 3.1 asst

... Those numbers are realistic projections based off of- 1.) the talent surrounding both players, 2.) the fact that NBA PG's never 'dominate' their rookie year and 3.)Comparable players rookie year production (Paul, Kidd for Rose)(Glenn Robinson/Derrick Coleman for Beasley)

Most likely Beasley will max out at about 25 pts/10 rebs/4 asst (pretty close to Glenn Robinson's max production- more rebounds however) whereas Rose will most likely max out at 18 pts/10 asst/6 rebs (more offensive verison of Kidd's max)

All that being said, Beasley really couldn't do anything his rookie year for me to feel disappointed- we're in a true Win-win situation...
    Nope

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Paul put up 8 assist and 17 point average his rok Year and Wlliams put up 10 points per game and 4.5 assist. Williams did not have a spectacular rok year but still turned out great. I dont think any stats will make me regret geting rid of Hinrich and trading in for rose and there is one other stat I would like to bring up. Nash averaged 3.3 points a game his rok year with 2 assist per game. I do not think rokie year stats matter. I just want to see Rose Get better.

Quote Originally Posted by playanomor View Post
    What kinda numbers would he have to put up?? 50 Wins.
    Right on! The only stat that matters.

a triple double

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast