Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swimming

6 Last night! (3 Gold, 1 Silver, and 2 Bronze )

Aaron Peirsol and Matt Grevers finished 1-2 in the 100 back. it reminded me of my sophomore year in high school where i out touched this junior to get my first 1st place finish ever. we were swimming against this lesser team and the coach switched around everyone. my race was the 100 back. some great memories are being brought back. i've been emailing and talking to a lot of old swimmer friends from that era. this has a lot of guys pumped up. in fact, one guy looked back and it appears some records from our era of school are still standing. none of course were ever set by me. i was never that good.

Phelps of course is doing what Phelps does, landing his ninth career gold medal and tying for the most career Olympic gold medals in any sport in history. Once again breaking a WR but he still didn't seem half as excited as he was the other night for the 4X100 Free Relay. i can't wait until the medley relay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

Phelps just collected #4 and 5. He almost looked pissed after the 200 Fly. It was as though he was mad because he did not break another world record. the 4X200 Free Relay was an absolute blow-out. Phelps totally set the tone there.

Phelps gets #6 by winning the 200 IM yesterday. this is absolutely amazing. he doesn't even seemed to be surprised. unbelievable talent. greatest swimmer of all time without a doubt.

i was happy to see Ryan Lochte win one as well going 1-2 with Peirsol in the 200 Back. Peirsol just did the same with Grevers in the 100 Back earlier.

Alain Bernard of France is clowly becoming known as the freestyle sprinter of this Olympics. I do miss Gary Hall Jr this year I must admit. What a bulldog he was.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008...te1_sw_412.jpg

the ladies are doing quite well. Rebecca Soni got a Gold in the 200 Breast Silvered in the 100 Breast as well. Natalie Coughlin has won 5 medals (1 gold, 1 silver. 3 bronze). Katie Hoff has underachieved according to most experts but she still has 3 medals so far. Australia's Stephannie Rice has won 3 Golds and Kirty Coventry is Zimbabwe's hero winning 3 Silvers so far.

He's done it! Via Mark Spitz, Phelps is now the greatest Olympian of all time.

Michael Phelps is probably the greatest athlete of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickness View Post
    My swimming is shocking people but I do like Mr Phelps he's a bloody legend.
    Do you swim competitively?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12