Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyThirty View Post
    Hes gone for a month, x rays were negative, and surgery is doubtful according to Terry
    xray's show bone.. and only bone.

Ortiz has a partially torn ECU tendon sheath

Surgery is not expected, however right now they know very little. What it will require. When he will be back. What he'll have to do in the meantime.

If it's likely he'll be back in 15 - 20 days.. then you'll just see an outfield of our quick guys and Manny in DH.

If it looks like he's out for a couple months.. they'll look at bringing in another slugger.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

simple bring up chris carter to dh for a month hes been tearing it up in AAA

batting .385 wiht 5 hrs in his lat 10 games
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

We are nowhere near being done. MLBTradeRumors suggests this

Plenty of bats are out there if Theo Epstein does look for outside help. The following players may be available: Barry Bonds, Adam Dunn, Jason Bay, Xavier Nady, Brian Giles, Raul Ibanez, and Milton Bradley.
    mlbtraderumors.com
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

i just read red sox just called up chris carther

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post

mlbtraderumors.com
    I could see trading or signing someone if he's going to be out the rest of the season, but for a month, that would be a waste of spects and time.

The Providence Journal reports that the Red Sox will call up Chris Carter from Triple-A Pawtucket.
    Acquired in the Wily Mo Pena trade, the 25-year-old Carter will take the roster spot of David Ortiz. He's hitting .316 with 10 home runs and 35 RBI in 56 games at Triple-A, and will see limited action while with the big club.
    rotoworld
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by lil'papi View Post
    Who are these POEPL?

He has a injury that quite possibly could require surgery if it doesn't heal on its own the cast is on for ONE MONTH.

We will look for a replacement around the deadline because that coincides with when we will know how Ortizs wrist is healing or whether it needs surgery.
    You mock my spelling yet look at what a ****ing mess of a post that is. Those are some long sentences.

Were not going to look for a replacement for just a month, we will ride it out. However if he goes down for the year, that might be a different story.
    Last edited by Towelie; 06-03-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    Were not going to look for a replacement for just a month, we will ride it out. However if he goes down for the year, that might be a different story.
    yep.. that's my thought.. 3 or 4 weeks.. you simply move guys around.. we have enough OF's where Manny could DH, or as we see, we bring up Carter.

If we're talking 2 or 3 months.. then we look to bring someone new into the organization.. as I said before.. someone like a Bonds or a Sosa. They won't cost us any trades, they have no other offers so we can pay them like a bench player, and they will produce exactly like we need them too.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

ellsbury
    pedrioa
    youk
    Manny
    Lowell
    Drew
    Carter
    Varitek
    Lugo

give carter a shot he has owned AAA for like 2 years now
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post

mlbtraderumors.com
    And almost none of those names really work for this team.

Though I'd take Dunn if they wouldn't ask for a big return and ate some of his salary (A bit doubtful).

Anyways, that site is AWFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Ouch.

And thus, with the possibility that Ortiz is now out for the season, I say goodnight to our season.
    no way. even without him, we have manny, drew, youk, lowell, and maye tek who all have 20+hr power. Lugo, crisp, pedroia can steal 15-20 bases....jacoby can steal 80. our rotation is coming to form with dice k and colon pitching great...

Id much rather see Moss then Carter, but Im sure hell se some playing time too

short term DH, I'd rather see Carter.. Moss can get some time in the field in AAA.. Carter is a DH right now, so we aren't affecting his defensive development.. although he should be working on that right now..

long term.. I'm still very much open to throwing a couple mil Sosa's way and letting him knock out 20 HR in 2 months time.

I was just watching 1st & 10, and Skip Bayless was saying that if Ortiz is done for the year that the Sox should look into Bonds or Griffey Jr. Who would be better in Boston...

Quote Originally Posted by Celts22 View Post
    I was just watching 1st & 10, and Skip Bayless was saying that if Ortiz is done for the year that the Sox should look into Bonds or Griffey Jr. Who would be better in Boston...
    As a player? Bonds easily, but he carries a ton of off field baggage and just unneccessary attention that is not needed on this team. Any ways im pretty sure Barry would never play in Boston because he still thinks the fans are "rascist".

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast