Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'd be open to signing Barry, despite the fact that I hate the living crap out of him. He can still hit, and he'd only help this team down the stretch.

However, what happens once Ortiz comes back? Do we just designate Barry and let him go? I wouldn't think so.

With that said, though, Barry has never stepped foot in Boston outside of the three day road trip last season. He has openly said he does not like Boston, and has openly said that he believes it's a racist city (Which we all know that it has quite a shady past). Even with how desperate he is, I can't see him signing here. And then again, I can't see the Sox being desperate enough to break the collusion and offer him a deal.

This sucks the big one. Now Drew's really got to work on earning that contract.

Donno if you guys saw this one:

http://www.wlbz2.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=88524

Hope he gets healthy soon, as much as I like the Yankees I never want hitters to get injured especially those with the talent and heart of Ortiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake's Fastball View Post
    dont put pressure on him, it just makes him worse.
    Ron Paul for President in 2008

http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Ouch.

And thus, with the possibility that Ortiz is now out for the season, I say goodnight to our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake's Fastball View Post
    He's like our 7th hitter right now....Lowell and Youk are the protection right now.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

Some poepl are saying he's gone for 15 days lets relax guys.

Just remember guys pitching wins Championships, this hurt but it's no where close to over.

**** **** *** **** ****!

This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    Oh, come on where is LittlePapi? He's gotta be fakin it with Xrays being negative.
    Right here Tow-e-lies. MRI mentions torn sheath.....an actual injury one seen on film unlike munchy.

I never rag on other players injuries ones that are actually seen on film. Plus he likes to play BB like the rest of our team all except , well ....munchy.

He is good for another week so relax.

This team is built to win. They will continue to do so... Obviously, Youk, Drew and Lowell will need to step up their offense. But, putting Manny at DH and Jacoby in left means that they will still have a very solid lineup, capable of scoring a lot of runs. It will be a significantly DIFFERENT lineup, and really won't even remotely resemble a typical Red Sox lineup, but it is still one of the top 5-6 lineups in all of baseball. Plus, with the improved defense in the OF, they won't be allowing as many runs.

Obviously, this sucks the big hairy *** crack, but it is not even close to the end of this teams playoff or World Series chances! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!

Now, having said all that..... Surprisingly, I would not be completely opposed to the idea of signing Bonds! (I never thought I would say that!)

Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    Some poepl are saying he's gone for 15 days lets relax guys.
    Who are these POEPL?

He has a injury that quite possibly could require surgery if it doesn't heal on its own the cast is on for ONE MONTH.

We will look for a replacement around the deadline because that coincides with when we will know how Ortizs wrist is healing or whether it needs surgery.

While Bonds would be a huge offensive force when you don't have someone like Ortiz.. it's not likely. Unlike many people I don't hate Bonds. I believe that he did roids more than I believe he didn't, but until they prove it, I'll never be completely sold. He has a pure swing and would give us a solid DH performance.

However, if you need a power hitter, he really is one of your only options without having to perform a trade.

To me, without having to perform a trade, not something I want to do to fill a temporary spot, you have to look at signing someone who still has the ability to generate offense.

Those 3 options are (and their stats from last season).

All 3 players are not playing, one retired due to lack of interest and the other two are both very interested in playing.

Barry Bonds: 340 AB, 28 HR, 66 RBI, .276/.480/.565, 170 OPS+
    Mike Piazza: 309 AB, 8 HR, 44 RBI, .275/.313/.414, 96 OPS+
    Sammy Sosa: 412 AB, 21 HR, 92 RBI, .252/.311/.468, 102 OPS+

Piazza is honestly at the end of his rope.. he can still hit, provided he has the chance, but he's not going to put up anywhere near Ortiz numbers.

My honest opinion is you offer Bonds or Sosa about 3 million to come out and play DH.. Sosa took $500,000 with 2 million in bonuses last year. I would think since both want to play, either would be open to it.. no one else is calling them.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

Hes gone for a month, x rays were negative, and surgery is doubtful according to Terry

I'd love a Sammy Sosa signing, and he wouldn't be a bad bench bat at all when Ortiz comes back. If that dosen't happen, I really hope we give some chances to Chris Carter, who I really think could make a big impact.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast