Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    We need some size, I want Biedrins or Brad Miller a raptor by the end of the offseason. Its probably unrrealistic to get anything done because of expiring contracts not being attractive to teams to take on untill next years trade deadline. But hey one can wish!

To get everyone a springboard upon to come up with offseason ideas, I'll includea condensed version of Chad Ford's offseason free agent market:

Group I: potential ETO's
    1. Elton Brand (LAC) - my guess is that he plays out his contract to prove that he's recovered from his achilles injury.
    2. Gilbert Arenas (WAS) - I believe he has said that he will opt out, but hasn't proven that he's recovered from his injury.
    3. Shawn Marion (MIA) - I don't think that he's going to opt out. Nobody is going to give him more than what he's going to make next season. Big drop in numbers going from Phoenix to Miami.
    4. Baron Davis (GS) - The friction between he and Donnie Nelson might get him to opt out.
    5. Jermaine O'Neal (IND) - Similar situation as Brand. Don't think that he opts out.
    6. Allen Iverson (DEN)
    7. Corey Maggette (LAC) - It's rumoured that Maggette wants out of LA and will probably opt out making only $7M next season. Seems like a prime candidate for a sign & trade.
    8. Ron Artest (SAC) - probably opts out

Group II: RFA's
    1. Emeka Okafor (CHA)
    2. Josh Smith (ATL) - Not going anywhere (although it's always nice to dream)
    3. Andre Igoudala (PHI) - cf Josh Smith
    4. Jose Calderon (TOR)
    5. Luol Deng (CHI) - Colangelo was very interested in him during the 2006 draft (have a feeling that he's one of the guys this team targets).
    6. Andris Biedrins (GS) - Warriors are going to match anything for pretty much their only big man.
    7. Monta Ellis (GS)
    8. Josh Childress (ATL) - Probably expendable given how deep the Hawks are on the wing. I would definitely target him (defense, crashes the offensive glass, and some offense). Very under-rated imo.
    9. Ben Gordon (CHI)
    10. Nenad Krstic (NJ) - hasn't fully recovered yet from blowing out his knee.

Others: Ronny Turiaf(LAL), Sasha Vujacic(LAL), Daniel Gibson(CLE), Carl Landry(HOU), Juan Carlos Navarro(MEM), Kelenna Azubuike(GS), J.R. Smith(DEN), Tony Allen(BOS).

Group III: UFA's
    1. Antawn Jamison (WAS)
    2. Kurt Thomas (SA)
    3. Mikael Pietrus (GS)
    4. DeSagana Diop (NJ)
    5. Ricky Davis (MIA)
    6. Kwame Brown (MEM)
    7. Sam Cassell (BOS)
    8. Beno Udrih (SAC)
    9. Chris Duhon (CHI)
    10. Gerald Green (HOU)

Others: Brent Barry (SA), Bostjan Nachbar (NJ), Eduardo Najera (DEN), Matt Barnes (GS), Patrick O'Bryant (GS), Jason Williams (MIA), Gordan Giricek (PHO), Francisco Elson (SA), Maurice Evans (ORL).

Farnsworth: You mustn't interfere with the past! Don't do anything that affects anything. Unless it turns out you were supposed to do it. In which case, for the love of God don't not do it!
    Fry: Got it.
    Farnsworth: If for example you were to kill your grandfather, you'd cease to exist.
    Fry: (gasps) But existing is basically all I do.

i think pat o'bryant is worth a look. Long, athletic big man, and we could get him for cheap.

What do you think about sending TJ to the Mavs for Josh Howard(19pts ,7 rebounds)?Just what the Doc ordered! This would help Bosh on offence and help solve some of th rebounding issues aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorFan89 View Post
    What do you think about sending TJ to the Mavs for Josh Howard(19pts ,7 rebounds)?Just what the Doc ordered! This would help Bosh on offence and help solve some of th rebounding issues aswell.
    On our side of it, I say done deal. But I don't see any circumstance where the Mavs would be wanting to deal Howard, especially to acquire a PG when they have a HOFer at the position right now.

That's a pipedream. Sorry, the Mavs aren't that dumb.

Farnsworth: You mustn't interfere with the past! Don't do anything that affects anything. Unless it turns out you were supposed to do it. In which case, for the love of God don't not do it!
    Farnsworth: If for example you were to kill your grandfather, you'd cease to exist.

The say he had some off court issues, kidd isnt a kid anymore he may have a couple of years left!

The say he had some off court issues, kidd isnt a kid anymore he may have a couple of years left!
    Yeah, even if the Mavs decide to blow their team up and dump Kidd, thus needing a PG, they would probably keep Howard. I don't see it happening sorry.

I'd really like to see us pick up Nocioni. He does what we need at the 3, and he wouldn't be too heafty of a price tag. I'd rather obviously have Maggette or Deng, but they'd cost way more and not really leave enough room for a good rebounder down low.

If the Raptors came back with Nocioni, I might not watch a single game next year. It would be like going to buy a Bentley and coming back with a Pinto. Not only do you blow a big part of your expiring contracts, you don't get much better.

deng would be an amazing pick up for the raptors..but i dont think that we have that kind of cap room...remember he turned down 10 mill a year last season

Quote Originally Posted by raptors wiseguy View Post
    deng would be an amazing pick up for the raptors..but i dont think that we have that kind of cap room...remember he turned down 10 mill a year last season
    And he regrets that now. So has Okafor, Gordon, and a whole bunch of other players.

Brain said there wil be changes and new faces..so im all happy for our offseason

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
    And he regrets that now. So has Okafor, Gordon, and a whole bunch of other players.
    igoudala sure doesnt regret that :P

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
    If the Raptors came back with Nocioni, I might not watch a single game next year. It would be like going to buy a Bentley and coming back with a Pinto. Not only do you blow a big part of your expiring contracts, you don't get much better.
    C'mon I think you're exaggerating a little.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast