Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    He hit 26 homers between A and double A last year. we will know more about him at the end of this year. Expect him to be in AAA in 09 and in the najors 2010.

May gives us options in left and third, by being a catcher. Taking some of the burden off Martin by letting Martin play some third or even left field. This will extend his catching life. Berra had a 20 year carrer by playing a lot of left field. Three mvp tropies proved the wisom of that move.

In triple a AJElis and excellent defensive catcher and 27 years old is hitting 327. Known more for his glove than his bat would be a fine back up catcher next year.
    Much obliged, Dave. I'm trying to get us some power at 3rd somehow, anf May could play there it would be great (or in left). Thanks, man, for doing the research.

GB

May is a tremendous athlete so he could easily play a corner outfield position(he was a center fielder before the switch to catcher). Before this year he never really hit for a very high average but he seems to have put it all together this year. Another player who could be a contender for the 3rd baseman job, and he does have power, is Russell Mitchell. He has hit pretty well for the Dodgers and although he is playing first this year he has played 3rd in the past. I don't think it will matter either way because I see either Laroche or Dewitt locking this job down long term.

kershaw still has yet to win.

But he did go 7 inng, no earned runs, one walk, 5 K's and lowered his era to 1.11

May hit his 5th home run and 12th double and is hitting 325. Thursday Mcdonald gave up 5 runs in the fifth inng after pitching 4 perfect inng. [proberly ran out of gas.]

Meloan gave up 5 runs

any updates on laroache? Anyone have his stats or anything new on injuries/ return date, etc

May went 3 for 5 last night!

With another two doubles and two more RBI's, now hitting 338. andy was optioned to Vegas last night!

Oredenuff 7 inng of one hit ball today!

Barbo one shut out inng and miller as well [first for him] in Vegas yet!

Tiffe still hitting 465 or there about!

LaRoche pitch hit so he wasn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Barbo one shut out inng and miller as well [first for him] in Vegas yet!

Tiffe still hitting 465 or there about!

LaRoche pitch hit so he wasn't hurt.
    In your opinion Dave, Laroche gets shipped because of DeWitt or we keep him in Vegas until Blake starts not to perfrom.

Mutts 2 AZ 2 8th. For some reason it's on TBS.

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants23200 View Post
    May is a tremendous athlete so he could easily play a corner outfield position(he was a center fielder before the switch to catcher). Before this year he never really hit for a very high average but he seems to have put it all together this year. Another player who could be a contender for the 3rd baseman job, and he does have power, is Russell Mitchell. He has hit pretty well for the Dodgers and although he is playing first this year he has played 3rd in the past. I don't think it will matter either way because I see either Laroche or Dewitt locking this job down long term.
    Only if they produce some power, which LaRoache allegedly can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue View Post
    Mutts 2 AZ 2 8th. For some reason it's on TBS.
    TBS is now broadcasting all MLB teams now. I don't know the details but this isn't the 1st game they have broadcast that didn't involve the Braves at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gagnefan38 View Post
    TBS is now broadcasting all MLB teams now. I don't know the details but this isn't the 1st game they have broadcast that didn't involve the Braves at all.
    Obviously, that's news to me. Cool Plus Mutts with 3 in top of 9th

YES! Down go Bellycrawlers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue View Post
    Obviously, that's news to me. Cool Plus Mutts with 3 in top of 9th
    Watching the game too. This is only the 2nd series the D-Backs gave lost so hopefully they coming back down to earth. They get the Phils next too and that won't be easy. The inly thing is the Mutts are now feeling pretty good about themselves. The pitcher for the Mets next game has a road ERA of 6.43 and is allowing a .341 average to lefties this year. You think Joe would dare sit Druw 2 games in a row?

Any update on Repko? The poor guy just got stucked in the middle of our OF surplus crap. Of course, I prefer our current OFers over him.

About the D-****, they are 4-5 against anyone NOT on the NLW. The only reason they are so up is because they played well the first 2 weeks. If we would had taken 1 game of that sweep, we would be only 2 games back.

why mess with a good thing? Or if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by gagnefan38 View Post
    In your opinion Dave, Laroche gets shipped because of DeWitt or we keep him in Vegas until Blake starts not to perfrom.
    Dewits going good the team is hitting and wining so why mess with a good thing. Beside Andy needs work, two or even 4 weeks of AB's will only help. Also LaRoche history is that he starts pounding the ball between may 15th and june first.

and if all else fails he can do some dhing and by doing so make sure his thumb is healed. All of this goes out the door if dewit goes into a major slump.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast