Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Jon Meloan

I guess Meloan won the battle.
    I see he is starting (not a great start)
    Its nice to see him get some innings, but the Dodgers are going to need a reliable 7th inning arm this season (maybe 8th depending on health)
    and Proctor and co. ain't it.
    Not to mention I would believe he would fall behind Kershaw and McDonald at least on the depth chart for opportunities this year.

Greg Miller is coming out of the bull pen

and doing well. 4 inng, 2 runs only one walk! and 8 K's. If he does well i would not be surprised if the Dodgers 'DON'T' BRING HIM UP FROM VEGAS THIS YEAR.

I think they would love him to have one full year of being a real pitcher before trying him with the big club next year.

tuesday

MINOR LEAGUE REPORT:
    LAS VEGAS won 6-5.

Highlights:

Even though he gave up 4 runs in 5 innings, Miguel Pinango struck out 10!
    Terry Tiffee was 3-3 with a HR and is now hitting .560
    Mike Myers got his 1st save and after a rough first outing, now has a 1.93 ERA
    BOXSCORE
    The Jacksonville Suns did not play.
    The Inland Empire 66′ers won 3-1.
    Highlights:

Eduardo Perez was 2-4
    Cody White pitched 6 innings, giving up 1 run and striking out 9
    BOXSCORE
    The Great Lakes Loons won 5-1
    Highlights:

Andrew Lambo was 3-3 and is hitting .417 - WOW! This kid is just 19!
    Justin Miller pitched 5 inings and allowed just 1 unearned run
    Robert Blevins pitched 4 innings, allowing just 1 hit and had 4 Ks in getting the save
    BOXSCORE
    April 8, 2008

3 Comments
    04-08-08

When is Kershaw up again? I want to see him pick up well after his rough start.

Also, I'm impressed that Myers accepted the assignment. any news on him leaving for another ML try?

Quote Originally Posted by 4everblue View Post
    When is Kershaw up again? I want to see him pick up well after his rough start.

Also, I'm impressed that Myers accepted the assignment. any news on him leaving for another ML try?
    Kershaw pitched on the 11th and took the loss against Tennessee and Jeff Smardzija. 5 hits in 7 innings with 8 k's and 2 walks. His next start is I believe on tax day, it's been raining alot in FLA.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...axaax_tenaax_1

Minor leauge slump!

Tiffe the free agent third baseman we picked up in the off season is in a bit of a slump. he has started every game and was hitting 613! But after only going 2 for 5 last night he slumped all the way down to 585! what a bum! Then again imagine going 2 for 5 and droping your batting avg almost 30 points!

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Tiffe the free agent third baseman we picked up in the off season is in a bit of a slump. he has started every game and was hitting 613! But after only going 2 for 5 last night he slumped all the way down to 585! what a bum! Then again imagine going 2 for 5 and droping your batting avg almost 30 points!
    Dave, I see from the 51's website this guy plays 3B. Any idea how good he is defensively? Old age for a minor @ 29 - I wonder if we even see this guy?

I need to go to a 51s game someday.
    HW - Alistair Overeem
    LHW - Gegard Mousasi
    MW - Kazushi Sakuraba
    WW - Tyron Woodley
    LW - Shinya Aoki/Benson Henderson
    FW - Jose Aldo
    Women's - Marloes Coenen

Tiffe

Quote Originally Posted by blueplatespcial View Post
    Dave, I see from the 51's website this guy plays 3B. Any idea how good he is defensively? Old age for a minor @ 29 - I wonder if we even see this guy?
    He is suposed to be a good third baseman. he is one of those high draft choices [ I believe the twins] that never make it. Some guys are late bloomers muarry wills was a 27 or 28 year old rookie, Loduca was a life time minor leauger who finally made it. [but then he had some ....chemical help] Sweet lou johnson help us win the 65 world series. Think I will see if I can find any more old rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by blueplatespcial View Post
    The real question is what's gonna happen when the send DeWitt down and while Nomar plays his rehab. I dont think they'll send DeWitt to AA after his ML stint.

MILB update on the Dodgers big name Pitchers including 3 former #1's
    Link

Kershaw lost last night...again

The truth is that he pitched one hit ball with six K's for 5 inngs, stretched it to six inngs and gave up two hits and one run and lost. The Dodgers are being really carefull with him.

Brabo has been perfect this year, 6 outings, one hit no runs, 2 walks and 7 K's. Don't know how much weight he has lost.

How is James McDonald looking?
    HW - Alistair Overeem
    LHW - Gegard Mousasi
    MW - Kazushi Sakuraba
    WW - Tyron Woodley
    LW - Shinya Aoki/Benson Henderson
    FW - Jose Aldo
    Women's - Marloes Coenen

after a bad first outing

Mcdonald has had two outstanding outings. Meloan is starting tonight for vegas In double a Hammes a relief pitcher is going great as well with a era of 1.00. yet batters are hitting 345 against him...go fiqure!

Meloan pitches well

Jon Meloan allowed one hit and struck out four over six scoreless innings, but the visiting 51s were blanked by the red-hot Salt Lake Bees, 1-0. - milb.com

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast