Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who Do You Root For........

in this weekend series between Rockies and Giants. Do you root for the Giants in hopes of extending the division lead beyond 4 games. Or do you root for the Rockies in hopes of extending the playoff lead beyond 6 or 7 games. My take on this is that a team has only one goal during the season and that is to make the playoffs. Therefore, I am rooting for the Rockies in hopes of extending our playoff lead to around 8 or 9 games. What do you think?

I've gotta root for the Giants but I dont want them to sweep. 2 outta 3 would be perfect. For some reason there is something so lukewarm about winning the wild card.

Giants

Yeah, Giants. They should take two with Lincecum and Cain going. We should also be able to take 2 if not 3 from this Reds series, so hopefully we'll have an even bigger division lead heading home after this weekend

Like someone said in the Giants forum I'll root for the Rockies to lose..

we dont have to root for anyone. like this last series if we take care of our business they can do whatever they want it wont matter

I root for all 3 games lasting at least 20 innings a piece. At that point I won't care who wins.

dont root, but whoever loses be happy

we dont have to root though at all.
    if like SF sweeps and we sweep Cincy, it wont matter at all

Go Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post
    I've gotta root for the Giants but I dont want them to sweep. 2 outta 3 would be perfect. For some reason there is something so lukewarm about winning the wild card.
    Totally agree, and I have my eye on the Fish right now. No matter how far the Giants get sunk by the Rox, the Fish are still there and are always extremely fast closers, which you can verify with the Phillies. A Rox sweep of the Giants will sink the Giants, keep the heat on us, and the Fish will still be in our rear-view. Giants 2/3 gets my vote, especially if we roll the Red's like we're sposed to. Then we finish off the Rox.

Quote Originally Posted by sidg View Post
    in this weekend series between Rockies and Giants. Do you root for the Giants in hopes of extending the division lead beyond 4 games. Or do you root for the Rockies in hopes of extending the playoff lead beyond 6 or 7 games. My take on this is that a team has only one goal during the season and that is to make the playoffs. Therefore, I am rooting for the Rockies in hopes of extending our playoff lead to around 8 or 9 games. What do you think?
    I was all for the Giants, but your post makes good sense IMO.

Now I think now I'll go with, "I don't care, it doesn't matter really".
    5>2

Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post

This is what we should root for, logically.
    The WC is sort of a consolation prize, but statistically, WC teams do well... based on they're usually rollin' to get there and have a full head of steam, I guess.

I am rooting for the Tour Bus to run over both teams!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue View Post
    Totally agree, and I have my eye on the Fish right now. No matter how far the Giants get sunk by the Rox, the Fish are still there and are always extremely fast closers, which you can verify with the Phillies. A Rox sweep of the Giants will sink the Giants, keep the heat on us, and the Fish will still be in our rear-view. Giants 2/3 gets my vote, especially if we roll the Red's like we're sposed to. Then we finish off the Rox.
    I agree, let's not assume that the WC will come out of the west. I worry about the Marlins too. And maybe its just me, but I would worry about the Braves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Dodgers! View Post
    Like someone said in the Giants forum I'll root for the Rockies to lose..
    Ilike that comment! Saying I am cheering for the Giants makes me feel dirty and cheap! and someone said they will root for 20 inning games! I live in CO and I tell my Rockies or as I say to him the Pebbles things like that and like I hope the Rockies and Giants plunk each other all series!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast