Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Steal Of The Draft

There were alot of great players that slipped into the abyss of the late 1st and early 2nd round picks, but who do you think slipped really far away from where they deserved to get picked? So far that you would go them a steal for the team that decided to draft them. In my opinion the BIGGEST steal of the draft was Salim Stoudamire, who was selected 31st overall by the Atlanta Hawks. Who do you think was the biggest steal?

i was just going to come in here and say salim stoudamire. he is the best shooter in the draft, and he is a great penetrator. the only reason he got drafted in the second round is because of his height and attitude. he has the skills. i could also see ryan gomes becoming a good pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox_13
    i was just going to come in here and say salim stoudamire. he is the best shooter in the draft, and he is a great penetrator. the only reason he got drafted in the second round is because of his height and attitude. he has the skills. i could also see ryan gomes becoming a good pro.
    Yeah, I really think that Salim is a great talent, my other pick would be for Gerald Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx#1BallerxX
    Yeah, I really think that Salim is a great talent, my other pick would be for Gerald Green.
    yeah he was an absolute steal for boston. i thought that portland was going to take him at six, but he really slipped due to his attitude. i think in time he will be a pretty damn good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox_13
    yeah he was an absolute steal for boston. i thought that portland was going to take him at six, but he really slipped due to his attitude. i think in time he will be a pretty damn good player.
    Yeah, I remember watching him during the HS All-American game, and I was really impressed with him, and Josh McRoberts.

I think Blatche at 49 was a very big steal. He's been predicted to go as high as late teens. Washington got a real steal there. Granger would be my other pick.

Exclamation

WAYNE SIMIEN to the MiA baby! at # 29 has top 10 potential if it wasnt for injuries!

My steal of the draft was Francisco Garcia, hes overlooked because all he can do is shoot. I love his dead eye from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx#1BallerxX
    There were alot of great players that slipped into the abyss of the late 1st and early 2nd round picks, but who do you think slipped really far away from where they deserved to get picked? So far that you would go them a steal for the team that decided to draft them. In my opinion the BIGGEST steal of the draft was Salim Stoudamire, who was selected 31st overall by the Atlanta Hawks. Who do you think was the biggest steal?
    no way is stoudamire a steal IMO because u guys generally look at the mocks and compare from what actually happened (ie. green, gragner, warrick). But salim stoudamire was really projected 35-45 in most mock drafts and he went ahead of others. Just as nate robinson was projected somewhere around 35-45 aswell and was drafted at 21 and ahead of jack and Ukric (or whatever his name is) who where supposed to go top 15. though i would have to agree that the 49th pic was a big steal along with the 41st and 42nd

I think the Heat got a steal w/Simian, just b/c he seems like he'll fit in well there. I like the Jazz's 2nd rounder CJ Miles, especially if he decides to go to college, like he stated he would, he'll get a chance to improve, & the Jazz will still keep his rights when he declares again.

Gerald Green and Danny Granger

Quote Originally Posted by jazz77
    I think the Heat got a steal w/Simian, just b/c he seems like he'll fit in well there. I like the Jazz's 2nd rounder CJ Miles, especially if he decides to go to college, like he stated he would, he'll get a chance to improve, & the Jazz will still keep his rights when he declares again.
    are you sure about that? I think he'll have to go through the draft again if he does that.

Quote Originally Posted by ari1013
    are you sure about that? I think he'll have to go through the draft again if he does that.
    I'm pretty sure they keep his rights for up to a year after he leaves college. It may be a moot point as it seems he is leaning towards going pro, if the Jazz will guarantee his contract.

I like salim and think he is a good pick up. I like the heat kid too from what I have read about him. Except he said yesterday he is glad to be in miami so he could play with two super stars "Shaq and Kobe"

It wasnt a smooth introduction but was amusing to listen to repeated half a dozen times. Sorry wade seems we got kobe somehow instead

Seriously though I really didnt see any "terrible" picks in the draft, I am curious whom will have a good 1,2,3 years though and really developes. It looked to be a deep mid range draft, weak at the top unlike the past few years with James, Wade, Bosh, Anthony and then drop off.

I say Gerald Green to Boston at #18, especially when I saw mock drafts that had him going as high as #3 to Portland when they had the pick.
    Eichel Tower

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast