Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG34 View Post
    Carlo correct me if i'm wrong but it's Eddy's help defense thats so bad...he rarely guards anyone that talented offensively and I don't think its his guy that usually scores a lot of points. I'm with you though...I'm frustrated with Curry b/c he showed signs of greatness last year and regressed but he showed us a glimpse of what he can do so I wouldn't deal him...I want my NYK of last year back or us losing isnt really a problem either but I still want us to play well

You'll never find a post where i was critical of Curry's one on one defense. It's actually pretty good IMO. You are exactly right...... it's his help defense that is so horrible. I'm not sure if this can be taught though ? You must have a high b-ball IQ to adjust to pick and rolls or just see plays developing before it's too late. I've never seen a center in my life as poor at help defense than Curry and i've been watching b-ball for like 40 years. I hate harping on him all the time but i truly believe his defeciencies on help defense is really hurting this team. Sure there are other serious problems with the knicks but none as serious as Curry's defense.

I think if Curry came off the bench and played against other teams' 2nd units he can be dominant and his faults kept to a minimum. But against the elite starters in the NBA his faults becomes exposed and magnified. Why people are so against Curry coming off the bench after what we've seen of him is beyond me.

We can test Curry coming from the bench, but I think it would be good for him. Curry has little heart as of now. Imagine what will be left after coming off the bench.

Curry might get good eventually, but we cant afford to wait till he is 28. Im sick of being the laughing stock of the NBA. We have been sucking for a few years now and its time to change. We need defensive SF and defensive Center. And a new coach.

I cant wait for Curry. Cause right now he is trash. I believe we can get quality for him.

I just don't get it. I see Curry on the offensive end intensely fighting for block position and then on the other end of the floor on defense I see no intensity to box out or rebound or help. Can anybody explain this to me ? Am I missing something about the game of b-ball that I don't know ? Is it OK if a player relaxes on defense so he's strong on offense ? Why does isiah accept this lack of effort on defense ? If I were coach he would not play..... plain and simple. This type of effort from the franchise player is quitely ripping this team apart. If anybody has an answer to my questions I would appreciate a response. Please..... no responses from the regular apologists.

Curry? you all talking about curry?

Curry is a known piece of #@$%. Teams know this. Fans know this. announcers know it. Soft and Weak. Get physical with Eddy is the freakin scouting report. Body him up and he crumbles on both sides of the ball. Not all teams have that big physical guy to go pound meat with Curry but i've seen smaller guys frustrate eddy with getting physical. Eddy's the biggest little guy I know. He looks big but plays small. A man his size and speed and agility should be "and one" dunking every trip down the court. Instead its this weak *** clown finesse garbage around the rim. He will never be dominant because children are not men. This is a man's league and Eddy's a punk school kid who wears a NBA body to work but don't work out, or care, or pretend to care, or doesn't wanna learn the game. Watching a little film wouldn't hurt either. Doesn't he watch himself play after the game. That little bit should be enough for a man his size to make adjustments on the court. See how he gets exposed. How late he is to help or just general basketball awareness. LOSER is written all over his body and its time to dump losers.

I just want to say that the Spurs game was the best overall game i've ever seen Eddy Curry play as a Knick. There were a few screw ups but that's normal for anyone. I liked his effort on the boards, I liked his help defense (sort of) and i liked his awareness on the defensive end.

Offensively he used his body smartly, he didn't hold the ball too long and made his free throws.

I expect this type of game from Curry every nite. Tonite's game was all star caliber, but he must do this every nite to be considered relevant IMO.

Also, no excuses about Zach not playing. Curry has had plenty of opportunities to play w/o Zach this season and never produced an all around game like tonite. Curry just has to go out there and do what he's got to do especially on the defensive end regardless of who's next to him.

1 solid game outta 30 ......... i'm not impressed, but this game is cause for hope. He's let alot of people down before with his effort, let's hope he finally figured it out.

If you watched last night's game in San Antonio you see why you don't dump Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    If you watched last night's game in San Antonio you see why you don't dump Curry.
    If you watched the other 29 games you see why you should dump Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    If you watched the other 29 games you see why you should dump Curry.
    THANK YOU! I was goin to say the same thing. Of course, people eventually have good games. Curry had about 3 good games this season. So one good game every ten games.

Eddy or Zach? One needs to go!

Ok, over the past few games I noticed how bad Curry and Zach play together. We always go on a run when its either one of them and either Jeffries or Lee.

One of them has to go. Im not going to be so harsh on Curry this time around. Because he is the type of player you can build of team around, but I think the Knicks are so far away from being half-way built around Curry that he isnt worth it.

If we were to build a team around Curry, we would need an interior defensive stopper. An exterior perimeter stopper for penetration. A couple of solid three-point threats. A disturbuting point guard and a player who can get the attention of the defense everywhere on the court such as a slasher.

Thats just too much! And the Knicks are far from it.

I believe if we can get Zach to pass more often and improve on the defensive end then we will be fine. He justs gets so many clutch rebounds and his skill is quite impressive. By the way, he is the reason why we beat the Nets. When Zach passes the ball, we have our best ball movements of the season.

TELL ME HOW YOU GUYS THINK? AND WHO YOU BELIEVE SHOULD GO.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Ok, over the past few games I noticed how bad Curry and Zach play together. We always go on a run when its either one of them and either Jeffries or Lee.

One of them has to go. Im not going to be so harsh on Curry this time around. Because he is the type of player you can build of team around, but I think the Knicks are so far away from being half-way built around Curry that he isnt worth it.

If we were to build a team around Curry, we would need an interior defensive stopper. An exterior perimeter stopper for penetration. A couple of solid three-point threats. A disturbuting point guard and a player who can get the attention of the defense everywhere on the court such as a slasher.

Thats just too much! And the Knicks are far from it.

I believe if we can get Zach to pass more often and improve on the defensive end then we will be fine. He justs gets so many clutch rebounds and his skill is quite impressive. By the way, he is the reason why we beat the Nets. When Zach passes the ball, we have our best ball movements of the season.

TELL ME HOW YOU GUYS THINK? AND WHO YOU BELIEVE SHOULD GO.
    Bring my E-city vs Zbo thread back up for this
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    You know youre a Knicks fan when no matter how bad they suck, and all the wrong moves they make, and all the stupid crap they do, you stand by them, rooting for them, hoping they can turn it around soon!

Yo I just thought of a good trade with Philadelphia.

We trade: Eddy Curry and Malik Rose for Andre Miller and Sam Dalembert.

We get a low-post defender and a pass-first PG.

Philly gets a serious low-post scorer that can ease Andre Igudola's scoring load. Also they get rid of Dalembart's contract at 10 million for 4 years. Also they get another expiring contract in Malik Rose. If Mailk picks up his player option then it expires next season, but iono why he would pick it up in Philly.

We get:

Starters
    Miller
    Crawford
    Jeffries
    Randolph
    Dalembart

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Yo I just thought of a good trade with Philadelphia.

We trade: Eddy Curry and Malik Rose for Andre Miller and Sam Dalembert.

We get a low-post defender and a pass-first PG.

Philly gets a serious low-post scorer that can ease Andre Igudola's scoring load. Also they get rid of Dalembart's contract at 10 million for 4 years. Also they get another expiring contract in Malik Rose. If Mailk picks up his player option then it expires next season, but iono why he would pick it up in Philly.

We get:

Starters
    Miller
    Crawford
    Jeffries
    Randolph
    Dalembart
    lol, I think the sixers like Dalembert more then Curry.. and of course Miller > Rose but i would do it
    Quote Originally Posted by skoobiesnax69 View Post
    hang in there sly....jerome james is due back in a few weeks. things are sure to turn around then.

I would trade Big Eddie for Okafor or Chandler, or maybe Gasol. No way for Dalembert. No way for Ben Wallace. Wallace is too old and too done.

Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    I would trade Big Eddie for Okafor or Chandler, or maybe Gasol. No way for Dalembert. No way for Ben Wallace. Wallace is too old and too done.
    I'm with you but I'd deal Randolph for any of them except maybe Gasol
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    You know youre a Knicks fan when no matter how bad they suck, and all the wrong moves they make, and all the stupid crap they do, you stand by them, rooting for them, hoping they can turn it around soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MSG34 View Post
    I'm with you but I'd deal Randolph for any of them except maybe Gasol
    Ok, No way we get Tyson Chandler. NOH is not giving him up for anything.

Also, I would not trade Zach for a center.

I would trade Curry for Dalembart or Okafor. I would trade him for Sean Williams of the Nets.

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast