Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Oh..........and one more thing. If Curry, steph, Zach or whoever aren't putting out 100% effort on both ends of the court they must sit until they do. No more coddling..........accountability should be the norm, this way EVERYONE knows the rules and can get rewarded fairly. Accountability breeds success.

Effort is physical as well as mental.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I give Curry alot of critisizm mainly because he deserves it for playing lazy , low IQ b-ball. But tonite, whether he felt Dlee breathing down his neck or he was finally motivated by isiah, he finally played well on BOTH ENDS of the court.

1) As soon as the double team came in he passed out crisply to the open man.

2) He didn't just hang out on the low block and clog things up. He was actually setting high screens and was also setting up some plays from up high. (actually one). In essence he was active.

3) He came close to blocking LBJ on a good hustle play. Played good post defense and was alert on his help defense. Couple of strong rebounds and even a few defensive fouls rounded out a pretty solid effort on the defensive end.

What i really liked was that the knicks weren't forcing it down low on offense. When down low was open they went there. When it wasn't they went elsewhere with no hesitation. Of course hitting shots makes everything look good, but even if they weren't hitting shots they weren't gonna lose in ugly fashion as they normally do. I like when Curry isn't THE MAN on offense. I'd rather see him be an option, but not always a number one option. This forcing down low must stop whether it be to Curry or Zach. It's time we play as a team and start stretching the floor so better ball movement is accomplished.

Our outside shooters must take the outside shots when presented within the flow of the game. It always seems as if our shooters are so hesitant to take shots dare they not get the rock down low to our beastly duo. It seems to me isiah went away from the "force it down low strategy" and the team responded and played as a fluid team instead of a stand and watch type team. Again, making shots makes any style of play look good, but tonite we got good games from every player in the rotation. Was that coincidence, maybe, but i think not.
    Yeah, but actually last game proved how much Curry is expendable. We can use him sometimes. But with Lee and Zach, a low-post defender was much needed.

David Lee can make up all of Curry's rebounds and more. He can also make up 3/4 of his scoring. And then we can get a low-post defender who will add 2 blocks a game.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    How about Marcus Williams and Sean Williams and 2nd rounder from the Nets for Eddy Curry.

That would make them a championship contender. And they are desperate with a 10-15 record.

I think we should be able to get more from Nets but I'll take this trade and be happy. We get a low-post defender who is young. We get a point guard that can consistently shoot the three and he can run an offense.

Fantasy trade :
    I offered Curry for Sean Williams straight up to the nets forum and they basically laughed at the trade.

Fantasy trade :
    I offered Curry for Sean Williams straight up to the nets forum and they basically laughed at the trade.
    Well everyone knows any team in the league would do that trade. Curry-Kidd-Jefferson-Carter. That would be a championship contender. Kidd would find shots Curry didnt even know he had.

I really do not like the Nets Fans on this forum. They are ignorant as hell.

Well everyone knows any team in the league would do that trade. Curry-Kidd-Jefferson-Carter. That would be a championship contender. Kidd would find shots Curry didnt even know he had.

I really do not like the Nets Fans on this forum. They are ignorant as hell.

You give Curry way too much credit. The nets have been having problems on the defensive end..... the last thing they need is Curry as their center. The nets push the ball upcourt.......... Kidd will never find Curry on the break because he's too slow getting upcourt.

Sean Williams and Kidd are already a good tandem. Williams hustles his azz off and Kidd rewards him. I don't see Curry putting out the hustle Williams does.

If you're talking about the ally oop from Kidd to Curry, yeah that would be awesome, but Kidd already oops it up pretty good with SW, VC and RJ right now. Low post scoring would be a nice addition for the nets, but with all the other baggage Curry brings he is not wanted and those posters are smart for not wanting him. Try the forum again...... the posters are knowledgable, you must of had a bad moment.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    1) As soon as the double team came in he passed out crisply to the open man.

2) He didn't just hang out on the low block and clog things up. He was actually setting high screens and was also setting up some plays from up high. (actually one). In essence he was active.

3) He came close to blocking LBJ on a good hustle play. Played good post defense and was alert on his help defense. Couple of strong rebounds and even a few defensive fouls rounded out a pretty solid effort on the defensive end.
    I take iit you've decided to actually watch the team play before ripping Curry??? LOL

He didn't play any different in that game compared to most of his games this season, he is never going to be Zaches Defensive caddy. And he shouldn't, he and Lee were here FIRST!!!!
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    I take iit you've decided to actually watch the team play before ripping Curry??? LOL

He didn't play any different in that game compared to most of his games this season, he is never going to be Zaches Defensive caddy. And he shouldn't, he and Lee were here FIRST!!!!

You know what ....... i saw Curry tryin a little harder against the cavs, so i gave him some credit in a post. Normally i wouldn't comment when a player plays with some heart because i expect that from every professional athlete. But when you see Curry playing with some heart it's big news.

He did play different...... he dove for a ball, he was active on offense and he actually went after a rebound that was more than one foot from where he was standing. In anybody elses world that's par for the course. In Curry's world that's a great game. lol

You know what ....... i saw Curry tryin a little harder against the cavs, so i gave him some credit in a post. Normally i wouldn't comment when a player plays with some heart because i expect that from every professional athlete. But when you see Curry playing with some heart it's big news.

He did play different...... he dove for a ball, he was active on offense and he actually went after a rebound that was more than one foot from where he was standing. In anybody elses world that's par for the course. In Curry's world that's a great game. lol
    i m with you...it shouldnt be like a break through game for curry b/c he decided to put some effort into the game. He should be playing hard i'd say all the time but thats unrealistic for eddy. He should be playing hard most of the time. I just dont understand Eddy. He's got all the potential in the world if he only had half of David Lee's heart he'd be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    You know youre a Knicks fan when no matter how bad they suck, and all the wrong moves they make, and all the stupid crap they do, you stand by them, rooting for them, hoping they can turn it around soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MSG34 View Post
    i m with you...it shouldnt be like a break through game for curry b/c he decided to put some effort into the game. He should be playing hard i'd say all the time but thats unrealistic for eddy. He should be playing hard most of the time. I just dont understand Eddy. He's got all the potential in the world if he only had half of David Lee's heart he'd be great.

I understand playing with 100% effort in every minute of every game is unrealistic for most athletes. Sometimes conserving energy or not expecting the unexpected is human nature. But geez........ Curry takes this to a new level.

Okafor is the only one that would be equal value for Curry. the rest are a tier below. I still believe in the right system this guy can flourish ala last year. He should be better this year but instead his stats and play are not. I attribute that to team chemistry which I don't know if it can be fixed with this bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    Okafor is the only one that would be equal value for Curry. the rest are a tier below. I still believe in the right system this guy can flourish ala last year. He should be better this year but instead his stats and play are not. I attribute that to team chemistry which I don't know if it can be fixed with this bunch.

Ok, last year nobody was double teaming Curry and guarding the post. Curry was just getting good and teams seriously didnt kno who they were dealing with. Now, every team knows they have to double Curry and they kill him with it. Actually, it happened at the end of last seaso where teams doubled him and he was ineffective.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    Ok, last year nobody was double teaming Curry and guarding the post. Curry was just getting good and teams seriously didnt kno who they were dealing with. Now, every team knows they have to double Curry and they kill him with it. Actually, it happened at the end of last seaso where teams doubled him and he was ineffective.

March 14G 36.3MIN 6.6-13.1FGM-FGA 50.543 FG% 4.6-8.3FTM-FTA 6.6TOT 1.0AST 17.9PTS

April 9G 35.6MIN 7.6-12.7FGM-FGA 59.649 FG% 6.0-8.8FTM-FTA 7.4TOT 0.9AST 21.2PTS

Very ineffective................ so you ether did not watch the knicks or you are a lier????
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

March 14G 36.3MIN 6.6-13.1FGM-FGA 50.543 FG% 4.6-8.3FTM-FTA 6.6TOT 1.0AST 17.9PTS

April 9G 35.6MIN 7.6-12.7FGM-FGA 59.649 FG% 6.0-8.8FTM-FTA 7.4TOT 0.9AST 21.2PTS

Very ineffective................ so you ether did not watch the knicks or you are a lier????
    Some teams dont know how to double team properly.... I really think curry could be a great player... he needs 2 things.

1.) Effort, both on defence and on the boards. He is agile, and big... he SHOULD be able to do better.

2.) He needs to master the double team breaker pass... Shaq mastered it after 3 years, he should be able to master it.

Wow, u call that effective. The month of March was horrible. You call 17.9pts and almost 7 turnovers effective? You call a near 50% Ft percentage effective? You call 7.5 turnovers for an entire month effective? You call one assist effective?

So you my friend....either u did not watch the Knicks or u are the liar. Anji please dont come at me with these crazy stats cause I can counter them like I just did.

Cant believe u think 18pts and 6.6 turnovers is effective? yea right.

david lee aint all that good he cant defend any big pf, and what happen to help defense curry is not a great defender but thats why you get a pf that is. jerry krause had the right idea curry can score and tyson can defend how dumb is isiah for getting zbo thats the big problem so for all yall dissing eddy yall dont know basketball, its called a team game and this team is built around scorers no defense thats why yall suck

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast