Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I bet half the lil kids in here were jocking Eddy hardcore last year, but after a slow start this year, all the overemotional knick underlings are ready to throw the big guy to the wolves.

I am perhaps the biggest Eddy fan on this whole forum and I must agree with every1, his play has been horrible over the last month. He started out like a beast this year scoring wise but cant seem to make a difference on the glass and on the defensive end.

The reason in my opinion is;

1) He's still trying to adjust to playing with Zach and getting less touches. He seems to worry that if he misses a shot, he wont get the rock the next time down the floor, that explains him aiming every shot instead of just letting it go like he was last night.

2) We all now Eddy is an offensive minded player, to a fault, and he has trouble asserting himself on the defensive end when he's not making buckets or is part of the offensive flow. Nevertheless, he should still try to make plays on D. The same could be said in reference to his rebounding #'s which are pathetic.

But when he does succeed scoring or atleast gets touches, he does impact the game on the glass and on the defensive end, as evident in last nights game.

This thread was created out of pure frustration (like most threads) I can't blame them, but lets be real people, just because the guy is having a slow start to the season, doesn't warrant ridiculous trade proposals like

-Dalembert for Eddy etc...he's just as inconsistant as Eddy, maybe even more.

-Eddy for Gasol...please, Gasol is not the answer to our problems and we would be just as soft inside.

-Eddy for Sean Williams...please the guys a rook

I just wish Eddy would learn to block people with his left hand, that would help him sooo much, all great defenders do it, that would be a start in the right direction.

yea its me.

Quote Originally Posted by 43srettub View Post
    I bet half the lil kids in here were jocking Eddy hardcore last year, but after a slow start this year, all the overemotional knick underlings are ready to throw the big guy to the wolves.

I am perhaps the biggest Eddy fan on this whole forum and I must agree with every1, his play has been horrible over the last month. He started out like a beast this year scoring wise but cant seem to make a difference on the glass and on the defensive end.

1) He's still trying to adjust to playing with Zach and getting less touches. He seems to worry that if he misses a shot, he wont get the rock the next time down the floor, that explains him aiming every shot instead of just letting it go like he was last night.

2) We all now Eddy is an offensive minded player, to a fault, and he has trouble asserting himself on the defensive end when he's not making buckets or is part of the offensive flow. Nevertheless, he should still try to make plays on D. The same could be said in reference to his rebounding #'s which are pathetic.

But when he does succeed scoring or atleast gets touches, he does impact the game on the glass and on the defensive end, as evident in last nights game.

This thread was created out of pure frustration (like most threads) I can't blame them, but lets be real people, just because the guy is having a slow start to the season, doesn't warrant ridiculous trade proposals like

-Eddy for Gasol...please, Gasol is not the answer to our problems and we would be just as soft inside.

I just wish Eddy would learn to block people with his left hand, that would help him sooo much, all great defenders do it, that would be a start in the right direction.

yea its me.
    Although I wont blame Eddy for everything this year... excusing him for not being an all around player is not cutting it for me... if he doesnt get his touches offensively he should at least be fighting for rebounds and hustling to get extra points off the offensive glass... him not getting points because he doesnt get fed is not an excuse for me... DLee wasnt getting spoonfed last year... he went out and got his.. Eddy should do the same... hes big enough and talented enough to get his own. The excuses for the Knicks keep pissing me off... these guys shouldnt depend on anyone to play well. They can get their own.

I looked high and I looked low....

The best Eddy Curry trade I could think of was:

Curry and Lee for Yao Ming

That wouldn't be the whole deal, but the centerpieces.

Houston has struggled and Yao has been vocal about his displeasure.

The trade would benefit both teams.

Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by 43srettub View Post

yea its me.
    I am a Very very big fan I was giving an Idea You do not know how much of an Inspiration he is to me I am probably one of his biggest fans a swell Ands Yes I am an underling

How about Marcus Williams and Sean Williams and 2nd rounder from the Nets for Eddy Curry.

That would make them a championship contender. And they are desperate with a 10-15 record.

I think we should be able to get more from Nets but I'll take this trade and be happy. We get a low-post defender who is young. We get a point guard that can consistently shoot the three and he can run an offense.

^^^^ The nets would be laughing at that trade

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    ^^^^ The nets would be laughing at that trade
    Laughing as in good trade for them or bad trade for them. I really think it is good for both teams. They get a low-post presence. Imgaine J-Kidd feeding Curry all day in the post. And imagine Sean Williams blocking the hell outta everyone coming into our lane.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Laughing as in good trade for them or bad trade for them. I really think it is good for both teams. They get a low-post presence. Imgaine J-Kidd feeding Curry all day in the post. And imagine Sean Williams blocking the hell outta everyone coming into our lane.
    Bad trade for nets IMO. I should put it by nets forum.

Bad trade for nets IMO. I should put it by nets forum.
    Maybe, but their championship window is closing and they desperately need a post-presence. And we desperately need a defensive post presence. And a future point guard

Maybe, but their championship window is closing and they desperately need a post-presence. And we desperately need a defensive post presence. And a future point guard

I agree with both teams' needs, but i think the nets wouldn't do THAT deal. Just my opinion.

I agree with both teams' needs, but i think the nets wouldn't do THAT deal. Just my opinion.
    Yea, iono if the Nets would do that. But would Knick fans do that?

Yea, iono if the Nets would do that. But would Knick fans do that?

As a knick fan i do that in a second ! What about other knick fans out there ?

How about Marcus Williams and Sean Williams and 2nd rounder from the Nets for Eddy Curry.

That would make them a championship contender. And they are desperate with a 10-15 record.

I think we should be able to get more from Nets but I'll take this trade and be happy. We get a low-post defender who is young. We get a point guard that can consistently shoot the three and he can run an offense.
    wouldn't work with salaries. lemme go find what the trade would have to be.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7~17&te=&cash=

It'd probably be something like:

Nets get: Eddy Curry, Mardy Collins

Knicks get: Jason Collins, Sean Williams, Marcus Williams , 2nd Rounder

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I give Curry alot of critisizm mainly because he deserves it for playing lazy , low IQ b-ball. But tonite, whether he felt Dlee breathing down his neck or he was finally motivated by isiah, he finally played well on BOTH ENDS of the court.

1) As soon as the double team came in he passed out crisply to the open man.

2) He didn't just hang out on the low block and clog things up. He was actually setting high screens and was also setting up some plays from up high. (actually one). In essence he was active.

3) He came close to blocking LBJ on a good hustle play. Played good post defense and was alert on his help defense. Couple of strong rebounds and even a few defensive fouls rounded out a pretty solid effort on the defensive end.

What i really liked was that the knicks weren't forcing it down low on offense. When down low was open they went there. When it wasn't they went elsewhere with no hesitation. Of course hitting shots makes everything look good, but even if they weren't hitting shots they weren't gonna lose in ugly fashion as they normally do. I like when Curry isn't THE MAN on offense. I'd rather see him be an option, but not always a number one option. This forcing down low must stop whether it be to Curry or Zach. It's time we play as a team and start stretching the floor so better ball movement is accomplished.

Our outside shooters must take the outside shots when presented within the flow of the game. It always seems as if our shooters are so hesitant to take shots dare they not get the rock down low to our beastly duo. It seems to me isiah went away from the "force it down low strategy" and the team responded and played as a fluid team instead of a stand and watch type team. Again, making shots makes any style of play look good, but tonite we got good games from every player in the rotation. Was that coincidence, maybe, but i think not.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast